Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2010

www.houseofbrides.com

coppen30, 22 February, 2010 at 16:53 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello!!

I have been looking at Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses and have found an american website called houseofbrides.com, which sells them for virtually half the price of any UK retailer.

I was wondering if anyone had already used this company/website and could offer some reviews/comments to help me make up my mind.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

xxxxx

6 replies

Latest activity by coppen30, 8 March, 2010 at 13:43
  • inalein
    Beginner August 2010
    inalein ·
    • Hide content

They do get a lot of reviews, and I'm about to order my BM dresses from there as well....all 4 of them...order is going to be placed this week...it's saving me about £200

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my Alfred Sung BM dresses from here in May last year - got them August.

They are perfect and less than half the price they would have been buying in a bridal shop here.

You usually hear loads of bad stories about these types of shops but TBH there are loads of bad stories about bridal shops too. I think its worth the risk to make the savings that you do.

I cant complain about there service at all - I sent a few e-mails back and forth and they were fab.

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't looked at this site before, but costs are really good for the dresses I've been looking at for my bm. Have either of you worked out the delivery costs to the UK as I can't find any costs on the website.

Gilsy ~ I know your colours include lilac like me. What colour dresses did you order? Could I see what colour they are as I really should sort these dresses out before I completely run out of time!!!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Blackkat - I got mine delivered to a US address and my mum and dad brought them home for me so I'm not sure about the postage costs and taxes etc but I think they are still quite a bit cheaper even with that added on.

I've gone for Victorian Lilac heres a picture - sorry don't have any better ones cos the girls haven't had them fitted yet and they still need to be steamed to get all the creases out but you get the idea....

• MrsShepherdtobe
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsShepherdtobe ·
    • Hide content

I used netbride.com and they were cheaper again ? I also got mines picked up in America but they were delivered well before estimated delivery date, got my wedding dress and 5 bridesmaid dresses for the price I would have paid for my dress only in the UK.

Lx

• C
    Beginner October 2010
    coppen30 ·
    • Hide content

Inalein - would you please let me know how you get on with the whole ordering process? Im meeting up with my bridesmaids this weekend and will be making my final decisions next week. Would be interested to know how you get on.

Thanks everyone for your comments. im swaying towards ordering them from America but have also found a supplier on Ebay (Rose6665) who says that she is able to get the dresses i want for £109 each, which again will save me even more money on delivery and import tax. Her shop is called Amazing Bridalwear and, although she didn't have the dresses i want actually on ebay, i emailed her and she said she could get them.

She also has colour samples for £1.00 each so have sent off for my colour so i can be 100% sure of what im ordering.

xxxx

• C
    Beginner October 2010
    coppen30 ·
    • Hide content

I Just wanted to say thank you to all those who gave me advice. it really helped.

I ended up ordering my dresses from a UK bridal shop, who gave me a great discount and it worked out only £40 more than if i'd ordered then from house of brides. But at least i have the peace of mind that, if anything goes wrong, the shop is only 20 minutes away.

House of Brides still seems like a fantastic way to get your dresses, especially if you have a lot of bridesmaids. However, just make sure that when your working out the total cost, you make sure you include all the extras like Import Duty and Import VAT.

It also doesn't hurt to ask bridal shops for discounts and im sure that many of them would be happy to give a reduced price and get the business.

For people in the South/South East, All That Glitters Bridal Shop in Guildford were very helpful and i would recommend them (so far) for their great customer service.

Happy dress hunting.

XXXX

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics