Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bag of Bones
Beginner

X Posted - Picnic locations in Watford area

Bag of Bones, 30 of March of 2009 at 09:12 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

We're planning a picnic for the late May Bank Holiday weekend and need a suitable location for 3 sets of twins and 2 babies (all children under 1) and associated parents. Somewhere free or cheap to get in and prefereably with undercover eating areas for if when it rains. Oh and I'm suggesting Watford as it's easy to get to from Cambridge, Reading & Surrey.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

7 replies

Latest activity by *ginni of the lamp*, 31 of March of 2009 at 09:47
  • littlebubs
    littlebubs ·
    • Hide content

Cassiobury Park is lovely, its huge with 3 or 4 different activity parky bits plus a couple of cafes and a lovely paddling pool area. Loads of green space so you wouldn't be fighting for a piece of grass with all of the other Bank Holiday'ers.

Not in Watford, but Willows Farm in London Colney is absolutely fantastic for children, got everything you would need for a lovely day out and a picnic. www.willowsfarmvillage.com

• *ginni of the lamp*
    *ginni of the lamp* ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest Cassiobury Park too. It's been a long time since I lived in Watford (left home when 18) but it's probably the best green space in the town. It's big and lovely (or was!) and I definitely remember a play park in there where we used to meet up after all the kiddies had gone and play guitar and sing like a bunch of hippies ?. And the tennis courts my friend and I vowed we were going to use every day of the summer holidays to get ourselves fit....<Ginni wanders off down memory lane>

• Bag of Bones
    Beginner
    Bag of Bones ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both, will check out Cassiobury Park.

Littlebubs - Willows Farm Village looks great but my, it's expensive!

• IWantOne
    IWantOne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just going to say that Willow's would work out pretty expensive and, no doubt, they will hike their admissions charges up further on the Bank Holiday. It is fab, however, And so much more than just a park.

• littlebubs
    littlebubs ·
    • Hide content

In my head Willows Farm is cheap, but that might be because we went to the zoo last weekend and that seemed like an enormous price! (Plus my little one is under 2 and so free).

• Sairedy
    Beginner September 2003
    Sairedy ·
    • Hide content

Willows farm is indeed fab but not sure it is worth it for babies as they won't 'do' much there and their parents will need to pay to get in. Yes there are indoor and outdoor eating areas but alot of it is around play and animals so alot of money for non crawling babies as such

Hope you find somewhere suitable

• Sugarmouse
    Beginner June 2008
    Sugarmouse ·
    • Hide content

How about a National Trust property? They have picnic areas, and also cafes (undercover) in case of bad weather, space outdoors for children to run/crawl around etc.

• *ginni of the lamp*
    *ginni of the lamp* ·
    • Hide content

Http://cassioburypark.info/cassiobury-park-childrens-attractions/

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&sa=1&q=cassiobury+park%2C+watford

<sigh> it looks great. I must go back to Watford one of these days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics