Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

xX Getting Married Abroad Xx

11 of February of 2010 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 1 19

I thought i post this. As me and OH planning to get married abroad after all that stress in last 4 - 5 months trying to work out prices and Venues etc, its give my mum stress, cos i cant do anything, as i am deaf, cant speak on phone etc.. and we have got large family and Deaf friends and Hearing friends.. its out of budget and Guest list gone huge...!! ?Finally My mum turn around said Go get married Abroad with us familys and good friends.. that take huge weight off my shoulder!!

We have been looking and ideas where we wanna to go, we are looking Greece in Cameo island in zante, that private island, spend that island all day, get married there, and BBQ n party... My OH love it and i love it too.,

https://zanteweddings.com/gallery/?list=29 more pictures here

But I wanna go to Fuerteventura because its our first hoilday and that where we got engaged, i love that place we stay, and the beach.. we going back there in May for 2 week with my parent, i just hoping my oh will change his mind.. get married on that beach.. n party in that hotel we stay.. OH still wanna Greece..

So how your getting on? and where you going? Hope you can give me advice etc etc..Hope this thread will keep going.. and talk about planning to go abroad etc i am really exciting!.

Hope my writing okay...

Eliza xx

19 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 16 of February of 2010 at 14:07
  • *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun, we're hoping to get married in Cala D'Or, Majorca. We are going out next month to view the town and hopefully book it.

We did want to get married in Portugal, but got told off several people that it was a 'logistical nightmare'.

Hope your dreams come true, good luck.

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

The both look lovely ? and your writing is just fine xx

I have been to both places I stayed in Correlejo (?sp) in Fuerteventura and in Tsilivi in Zante and I can honeslty say that Zante is absolutely fantastic, it's my favourite out of all the Greek Islands.

The location in Zante looks stunning and it's intimate and private and I wish I had seen it earlier because I would have got married there !!!

Suze xx

• F
    Beginner
    Feanor ·
    • Hide content

Aww both locations looks amazing! I love the idea of the private Island, what a fantastic day that would be. I can also understand why you want to do it somewhere with alot of memories as well though. I'm sure either location will be amazing!

x

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Its not me getting married but I am helping my sister in law to be plan her wedding that takes place in August.

They are getting married in Cyprus, outside in a beautiful courtyard. They are then planning on having a sit down meal for lunch (they marry at 11:30am) and then in the evening having a BBQ on the beach.

At the moment we are trying to find photographers (as this is not supplied in their wedding package) which is not proving too difficult thanks to email and internet!

Although they are marrying in Cyprus there are about 50 of us if not a few more going over with them. We have big families and believe it or not that is just parents, siblings and their partners and children, a couple of aunts and a couple of their closest friends. My SIL wants it to be as weddingy as possible including doing all the table decorations ourselves, placecards etc. Don't think she has really thought about how we are going to get it all over to Cyprus with all our holiday clothing aswell.

Even though it is not my wedding I am so excited about it! My daughter is flower girl and my son is pageboy. I also get to see everything we have done and made come together.

Nicola I love Majorca and Cala D'Or has some of the most beautiful beaches.

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

How rude of me!

I will second the comment about Zante it is beautiful.

I love the private island idea it would be so Romantic and the pictures look stunning.

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Hi Elizabeth

Never been there - but looks great. its funny how going abroad ends up being less stressful than getting married here - which I had thought of that before booking my wedding ? Looks fab!

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Aww it all looks fab, you are so lucky doing it all abroad its waht I wish I had done when I got married.

FunkyDiva... I LOVE CYPRUS, so am mega envious of your sister in law getting married over there. I was over in Cyprus in October last year for our family holiday (we hired a villa just outside of protaras)

When we were over there I noticed quite a few "one stop wedding shops" had sprung up in protaras & Aiya Napa.

Have a great time all of you & if you need an extra pair of hands to help out over there.. I am available..lol

Debbie

xx

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

May tell her about the one stop wedding shops, although I know she is trying to do it on a budget hence making everything ourselves but may be cheaper than the excess baggage charge we are going to get ?.

I have only been to Cyprus once but on a clubbing holiday, it looks really beautiful and we have a car so can go off an explore. It is also going to be lovely having all the family together over there - on site baby sitters for me ?

? at the extra pair of hands.

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

It looks lovely. I'm getting married on the blue lagoon in Olu Deniz inTurkey. Planning is pretty much sorted now. We have a planner out there which helps massively! She's basically doing it all for us! We're getting married about 5pm when it's a bit cooler, then having a BBQ on the beach for our meal. Sounds perfect to me.

Abroad is so much less stress!

FWIW - I've never spoken to my planner, we do everything by email. Could you not do this to save your mum the stress?

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

It looks lovely Elizabeth. I have never been but members of my family have and they love it x

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Getting married abroad was probably the best idea we ever had. It was just soooo much easier and more relaxed

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Elizabeth, that is a gorgeous location! It looks like paradise Smiley smile

Debbie, I am photographing a wedding in Aiya Napa in a few months, (ceremony is going to be at their hotel overlooking the beach, so it will be interesting) and I'd love to chat with you about your expirence there. We'll be there for a week so are going to do a pre -wedding photoshoot as well as a 'trash the dress' or as I like to call it since I don't like to trash dresses, an Encore session. So I'm going to be looking for locations that are both scenic and quaint. Would love to hear your views since you were there recently.

FunkyDiva, where is your sister planning to have the wedding? If it's after May of this year I will be able to show her the images taken at this wedding to help with any ideas. I think it's great to combine a fab trip with a wedding.

Teri Smiley smile

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are getting married in August at a town hall just outside Paphos. If you are able to share the images that would be fab as we are not too sure how to go about it all. Especially things like readings, table decorations etc.

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Ask away Teri.. I could talk about Cyprus till the cows come home...lol

Probably easier & quicker to email me on my personel email addy: ***************@***.***

Debbie

xx

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we booked a private wedding planner who does packages for everything you may want, this is the website. http://www.weddingsturkey.com/ They're very well recommended on some other wedding forums. I did my research! We've just booked a normal holiday out to Turkey online. However, we did give them a quick call to add on a vip package at airport and some champagne of the plane! Thomas cook also gave us a 20kg case free for wedding items so my dress and suits etc can go in there. Feel free to ask, i've spent the best part of 18 months looking at this now! If you ever need someone to call and shout at someone on your behalf i'm available if your mum can't handle it! (serious offer btw).

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Debbie! I will take you up on that,, and drop you an email Smiley smile My husband teases me about being an 'overplanner', but I like to know what to expect ahead of time, lol.

FunkyDiva, if you want to email me, I will let you know when the images and preview slideshow are up Smiley smile If your sis wants to chat about what we do for destination weddings, drop me a line, I have 3 weddings out of the UK this year so far, which should be fun, but there are the logistics of travel involved. But having a photographer in the country you live in is desirable because it makes it easy to deal with then since they are so close.

Teri M

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I tried on some of the lighter more practical dresses and i didn't feel right in them. I always wanted a big dress, so i got one! It's pretty light weight, it feels lighter than some of the light weight ones! I'm having a big hoop under it so i can't feel it around my legs so it's cool. Some of the smaller ones were clingy around my legs and i thought i would get all sweaty! I love it and i don't care! My bridesmaids and I are planning a 'sweat bag'! It will include towel, water, deodorant, perfume, cool spray, grease paper, fan and anything else we can find!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics