Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cotteesgirl
Beginner September 2009

Y or N....groom turning to watch you walk up ailse

cotteesgirl, 23 of July of 2009 at 10:53 Posted on Planning 0 33

As the subject suggests - what are your preferences the groom turning round to watch you walk up the ailse or for him to wait until you are next to him (and then be bowled over by your beauty ?) .. not sure on my thoughts yet, although i think i would feel uncomfortable if he turned round before i got to him i.e i would faint/cry/be sick!

33 replies

Latest activity by Melancholie, 25 of July of 2009 at 18:00
  • lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

Omg haven't even thought about this!

I would probably want him to turn round and watch as then i'll be focussed on him and not everyone else!

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content

I will be a bit disappointed if he doesn't turn round to watch me walk up aisle to be honest.

x

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I think that is how I would feel!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I think I would want him to watch me walk down the aisle, if I see that he's nervous too I might not feel as nervous!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Definitely turn around and watch cos a) I want to see his reaction when I walk in and b) hopefully it will distract me from the 100 pairs of eyes on me!!

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for turning around and watching you walk down the aisle....I'd have been really disappointed if he hadn't!

• Ms T
    Ms T ·
    • Hide content

Our vicar had quite strong views on this - he told my husband not to turn around. He said it was because it showed impatience and was not the best way to start married life. The real reason he says it though is that if they turn round it usually sets either the bride or groom off and you either have nerves or tears. He said he didn't mind them at the vows or afterwards but at the beginning of the ceremony he wanted to see smiles. Maybe it's a bit twee but it worked!

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

I would like him to look at me, It will hopefully ease my nerves

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

I heard that it was unlucky for the groom to turn around??

I want my OH to turn round

1 - because i want him to see me and the BM and my Dad walking down the isle

2 - so i can concentrate on him and not all the people looking at me - eek im going to be so nervous with all them eyes on me!

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

I want him to turn around and look, in fact I've asked to my tog to see if she can capture that look when he first claps eyes on me!

• C
    Beginner September 2009
    cobbsandkisses ·
    • Hide content

I have read somewhere and I can't remember where....that it's bad luck for the groom to turn and watch you. I have told H2B that I will kick him in his bad leg if he turns to watch me.lol

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

I read its bad luck too...and i'm more swayed for him to stay firmly facing the front lol...on top of being scared that i will have a nervous reaction of some sort we have his little boy carrying the rings infront of me too and i have this fear if he turns around his little boy will go daddddddddddeeee and run to him dropping rings, carnage all over the place!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Yes, i want him to because i think i'll be even more nervous if he doesn't!

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

Honestly can't remember whether he did or not. I bet if I ask him he won't be able to remember either.

The whole ceremony is a complete blur as we were both so nervous!

• AussieBride
    Beginner August 2009
    AussieBride ·
    • Hide content

I hope he turns around to watch me walk down - and hopefully he will shed a tear - otherwise might have to pinch him to get a tear once I'm next to him! lol ?

• groomwithaview
    Beginner October 2009
    groomwithaview ·
    • Hide content

I'll be turning round to see my bride walk down the aisle - totally unfair for everyone else to see her walk down and not me! I wouldnt be able to see the whole picture of what she looks like either if I wait until she's at the front...

• inalein
    Beginner August 2010
    inalein ·
    • Hide content

Aye from me...want to see his face when he sees me the first time in my wedding dress

• M
    missrsvp ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be rude not to surely?

Makes for great photos too from the back of the aisle, the bride walking down and the groom turning round. magic! ❤️

• cheska
    Beginner May 2009
    cheska ·
    • Hide content

Just had to ask H as I can't remember, his reply (this is via skype)

me: did you turn and watch me coming down the aisle or did you wait till i was at the bottom

him: eh?

him: are you on that bl00dy forum again?

me: aye

him: i looked for a bit then turned round

me: what did you think?

*still waiting for his reply, think he is eating! *

• ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

Cheska you really make me laugh.

I would like him to watch me and my Dad but if it means he'll be a blubbing wreck by the time I get to him he can keep looking forward!!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Gotta say I'm stunned that it can be dictated to a H2B not to look at their bride as she walks towards him! I'd not be at all happy with that!

I'd say yes - he should watch you walk down the aisle - for sooo many different reasons!

When I got to the top of my 'aisle' (the top of the beach) Mr SP was laughing (in a good way!) at the fact I'd bowled up with this gaggle of singing and dancing local wimmen throwing flowers at me and he did something that I'll never ever ever forget - gave me a thumbs up ... which I returned and the tog captured it. Just that one little gesture made me feel like a MILLION dollars. OK this might not be the done thing in a more traditional ceremony, but for me that was one of the most special moments of the day for me. We were both surrounded by strangers (me the local wimmen, him the hotel guests, minister and a few randoms from the village) and for that second it was like there was just me and him in the whole wide world. ?

If he'd be facing the other way I'd have been gutted.

• debbydoo
    Beginner May 2009
    debbydoo ·
    • Hide content

Mrs SP, that photo and your explanation of it just brought a tear to my eye! ? indeed!

As i reached H at the end of the aisle, he turned to me and said "You look gorgeous", I don't think he'd have got the same effect if he hadn't watched me walking towards him.

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

I asked my OH this a few nights ago and he said he wasn't going to turn around because he might cry ? ?

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

Mrs SP gorgeous story and what a fantastic picture! you kept all that quiet unless i had missed some posts!

Oooooh moomin ... not long for you now, how are you feeling?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I initially didn't want my H to turn around and see me because I thought I'd cry but he really wanted to and said it would be the only time he would see me walk down the aisle and didn't want to miss it. The compromise was he would turn around when I was a little bit down and hopefully my nerves would have settled. The registrar actually said to him 'you can turn round now' and he looked and saw how nervous I was and had to turn back around before I set him off. The dvd shows it off wonderfully and my H is glad he saw me walk down.

Lx

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Personally I think it's up to the groom. I'd never tell Iain to look or not to look. It depends how he feels on the day.

So I'll just wait and see.

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kept what quiet? That I'm married??! ? .... I'm an old married hag of 18mths and 5 days! Few other piccies on the 'CALLING ALL OLD MARRIEDS' thread if you wanna have a lookie.....

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? hardly!

x

• Kazmerelda
    Beginner August 2006
    Kazmerelda ·
    • Hide content

Apparently it is bad luck for them to turn around...don;t know what the theory behind that is hehe.

Whatever plan you take honestly just agree before you go into the church....H was going to look at me walking down the aisle he thought but wasn't sure. There was what can only be termed as an almighty row between H and his parents the night before (I wasn';t there but got the jist by text, and my MIL being rude to me in the hairdressers when we met there). H's best man had persuaded him not to turn (not sure why) and so I spent the time walking down the aisle wondering what the hell was going on as he hadn't turned knowing there was an atmosphere!

The moral is make sure you talk first and find out what the other one wants so as to avoid any disappointment.

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

I would want my h2b to turn around and look at me, just so that I can get that smile that says everything is ok...then I won't be an nervous ?

• Monkeybear959
    Beginner June 2008
    Monkeybear959 ·
    • Hide content

My hubby turned around to watch 'the parade' as we called it, and his best man turned around to watch his wife (my bridemaid!) walk up the aisle - our view was I'll only do it once and he wanted to watch see me and i wanted to see him...

Claire xx

• Monkeybear959
    Beginner June 2008
    Monkeybear959 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

debs you hit the nail on the head - i have just found this photo, my hubby (the taller one!) and his best man watching us walking down the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics