Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saisi
Beginner June 2011

Yankee Candle wax tarts help - Always the Bridesmaid, you around??

Saisi, 31 July, 2012 at 12:14 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I have bought a wax tart burner and love it! The smell is lovely and strong and it's so easy.

But (and this is kind of a good thing) the tart lasts ages and I would kind of like to swap scents now and try something else for a bit. Is there any way to remove the solidified wax from the top, replace it with another tart for a while, and maybe swap it back in again later? I tried to dig out the edges with the end of a spoon but it didn't work at all ? TIA!

9 replies

Latest activity by Missus S, 31 July, 2012 at 16:18
  • Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

I usually use a knife, push it in underneath and it pops out, this doesn't alway work mind you, sometime end up with chopped up tart all over the floor haha

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

If you heat the tart slightly, it will come out easily? Then just scrape the remaining debris out?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

If I heat it slightly it heats from the middle not the edge... unless you mean hold a lighter around the edges? I'll try again with a knife tonight. Or maybe just buy another tart warmer and have one in the bedroom/hallway and one in the living room... ?

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean about them lasting forever though, I get bored with the same scent too, I haven't lit mines for the last few nights, will maybe join you in attacking mines with a knife tonight too n go for a wee change!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Heat the end of the knife rather than the burner? Do you have a gas hob?

A blast with a hot hairdryer might be enough to soften it? Or on a radiator? Or in a pan of hot water? And possibly safer than playing with hot knives!

Don't try the microwave. Wax doesn't melt.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say shall I heat the knife, but I'm clumsy enough as it is ? Perhaps the hairdryer! Oh I'm going to have fun tonight ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Haha no knives, no lighters!!! Pop the whole burner in the freezer once the wax has solid enough to move it and not spill. Leave for a couple of hours then the whole wax disc should just slip out. I then put that in a sandwich bag to keep it until I want to use it again!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would never have thought of doing this, what a great idea. I'll be trying it out tonight myself.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Duhh, I used to do this with the samplers, never thought of using that method for the wax tarts!! Thank you!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I freeze my jars to reuse the glass holder- the wax contracts

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics