Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bec84
Beginner

Yawn....Double Glazing

bec84, 2 January, 2011 at 19:58 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

How much roughly should it cost? We need 5 windows and 1 patio door....

Cheapest quote so far is £2500, but I dont have a clue if thats good or expensive! any ideas?

6 replies

Latest activity by bec84, 4 January, 2011 at 18:12
  • TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

We got quoted £1000 for 3 windows. Have you had all the big names quote for you? x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We got ours on a special deal as it was the dad of a girl H2B went to school with but it still cost us 2k... 2 large windows and french doors. We had to keep the windows in brown and in the same style as the other flats...bloody leases!

I had a huuuuuge row with a Safe Style man and kicked him out of my house!!! I would NEVER EVER call them again.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Sounds good but be careful there are some companies who although the quality is good are extremely expensive and once they get in the door won't leave till you sign up, you have to actually throw them out.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

When we replaced the windows and doors in our old house I think we had 7 windows, 1 front door and a patio door and it was just over £3000 I think.

How many quotes have you had so far and are they all around the same mark?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

My god, my mum paid 1500 for two windows and i paid 500 for one window.........

mum wasnt too thrilled with hers but they blamed it on being an old house (pre 1900s)

ours are wooden so i hate to think how much they will cost us to replace...... eeek.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Ours are wooden windows too in Brown, so we need to keep them in brown or they will look wierd. All the big names are asking crazy money - 3-4k

I need someone who knows someone! ha ha x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics