Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Yellow? Help!

Mellow_Yellow, 7 of February of 2011 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 20

Ok, still ages to the wedding and nothing colour schemed bought yet so can still change our mind.

We decided to go with yellow; it's an unusual wedding colour, it's bright, happy, the wedding is in May - we both love it!

Now I'm thinking is it too much? A yellow bridesmaid dress with yellow shoes and a yellow bag and yellow flowers with yellow centrepieces and yellow napkins and yellow favour bags, etc, etc. I'm wondering if I should have a second colour to balance it out? Nothing pink, purple, or with butterflies - nothing too girly.

Experienced hitchers, please help me out with a moodboard - show me a colour that could go with yellow (bright yellow btw, not lemon)

Pleeeaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee?

20 replies

Latest activity by Inspire Me Designs, 17 of February of 2011 at 13:52
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I like navy blue with bright yellow.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I did a beautiful wedding last year in Lemon & Lime, really fresh & spring feel to it you could also use the lime with a brighter daffodil yellow:

• L
    Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery ·
    • Hide content

I agree with SamSam, Navy was my first thought! You could have a mix of navy and yellow for the BMs dresses if yellow doesn't suit someone, with accessories in the opposite colour for a stunning effect. I have a beautiful Navy card which could be used for your invitations and other stationery together with yellow ribbon say and a beautiful crystal embellishment perhaps? http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50364&id=133197253397387 The card has been used in these vintage style invitations on my Facebook page, or perhaps you might find something on my website you like http://www.invitationsetc.co.uk/index.html. I'm always happy to design something for you in your chosen colours.

• theflowerco
    theflowerco ·
    • Hide content

Here is a lovely yellow wedding,

Have fun deciding!

Zoe x

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I'm a fan of Yellow and turquoise/blue.

Orange always looks good with Yellow too,

so does green and yellow.

Or if you wanted it manly yellow, accents of white looks really good too.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Green would be the obvious colour for a Spring early Summer Wedding

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'm working on two yellow weddings at the moment. One is ivory and yellow and for a Hitcher so I can't flash until she's seen it LOL! I'm still working on the bridesmaids flowers. The other is yellow sunflowers where the bridesmaids are in different coloured dresses pink, green and orange so a multi-coloured wedding theme. I love turquoise with lemon (rather than yellow) yellow and orange, yellow and lime and yellow and black but broken up with ivory looks good too.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I'm BM for my sister in a few weeks and she's having yellow. Ivory is her "other" colour. The BM dresses are yellow with an ivory sash and we've got ivory shoes.

The chair sashes are yellow and there's a yellow ribbon around the stationery, which is otherwise all ivory. You don't need to go all out on the napkins etc if you want to keep it more subtle.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I'm still totally undecided as to whether to stick with bright yellow with white, or whether to introduce a second colour such as light or navy blue - but your comments are all much appreciated. Feel free to flash if you want to help me make my mind up.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

I like grey/silver and yellow for a modern, understated look:

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooooohhh, you could really be on to something there. My OH is Scottish but I'm not, and although I wouldn't dictate what he wears he knows that I hate kilts. However, two weeks ago at a wedding fayre we saw this grey kilt which I actually think looks really smart

only he would be wearing a bright yellow tie thingy with it...

grey could be perfect!

More grey & yellow flahing please - I haven't learned how yet! ?

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

MMMM the grey kilt outfit is sexy haha! I like it with a normal jacket, I don't like when they wear kilts with those funny shirts with string ties at the top, but with the waistcoat and jacket it looks lovely! xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yellow & Navy is Fresh & Classic

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Oooohh, naughty Sherrie! I'm indecisive enough without your lovely moodboards to confuse me, he he!

• W
    Beginner September 2011
    WooBride ·
    • Hide content

I also had my heart set on yellow, but I was picking up on a bit of negativity from the bridesmaids - I know they would wear whatever I asked them to, but I could tell yellow wouldn't have been their first choice! Plus I was struggling to find nice yellow bridesmaid dresses that a) weren't too expensive and b) woudn't wash out my pale skinned girls, so I was starting to fret. Then I came across a pic of red and yellow wedding bouquets, so we're now having red bridesmaids dresses (much more popular), with red and pale yellow flowers (gerberas). I think it brings a nice contrast, and am now very happy (as are the bridesmaids!)

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

My sister had yellow as it was a spring wedding but toned it down with ivory/cream colours. It looked fabulous too.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Not to put a downer on yellow as i originally wanted yellow but something to do with photography and white balance can make an ivory dress look "dirty" fine if you are wearing white but not ivory......

I was a wimp and changed to blue

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo, I'm wearing white - but thanks for the advice ?

• W
    Beginner September 2011
    WooBride ·
    • Hide content

This is sort of what I'm having (the colour's come out a bit funny, but you get the drift)

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big fan of Yellow and purple.

I am going to be adding a new piece to my portfolio very soon in this colour scheme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics