Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

vixenvix
Beginner

Your Bridal Wear.

vixenvix, 28 August, 2009 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all.

I came across this website http://www.yourbridalwear.com/, and was just wondering if anyone has or knows someone that has bought a dress from them. I just find it hard to believe that the prices are for real. For dresses that cheap, I can't believe that they are as good quality compared to other prices I've seen for the same dresses.

17 replies

Latest activity by Snow Patroller, 10 September, 2010 at 12:30
  • thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Are these a uk company or from china do you think? it doesnt quite make it clear from there website. there are some very pretty dresses on there tho, i suppose if you can go for it, just be prepared that it might not turn out what you wanted and you could be back to having nothing if you dont like it. basically make sure u have time to go elsewhwere in case its not brill but might just be worth taking a chance to see. if you do let me know because if it did come out ok then id consider ordering bridesmaid dresses from there x

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have just looked at this site and cant believe the prices too!- for this cheap I think I might take a risk and try one, its worth losing £150 if awful compared to the saving you would make if its fantastic! Whats the returns policy like?

Lauar

x

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god, there are loads of Maggie dresses on there including the 1 I've had my eye on, for £155!! I don't really get how they can be that cheap though, how can they be selling Maggie Sottero dresses for that price - is it because they're maybe out of season or something? Maybe I should have looked on the site a bit more before getting excited ? *runs back off to have a look*

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

In dont know if they are real maggie dresses or copies. it doesnt state either way does it x

• vixenvix
    Beginner
    vixenvix ·
    • Hide content

It doesn's state anywhere about if the dresses are originals or copies. I am wondering if buying one of those dresses would be worth the risk. I mean £150 isn't too much compared to what I could be paying on a dress at full price. At the end of the day if one of these dresses wasn't what I wanted I'd try and find a dress somewhere else that £150 off the price tag...hmmm...decisions.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

If u get it and really dont like it you can always stick it on bay of e, youl probably get back the majority of the money . i think the saving would be worth it if you liked it.

• mrsdrc2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsdrc2b ·
    • Hide content

I would guess these are from China - they don't bother with copyright over there! i've just ordered mine and hopefully saved a fortune, if i don't like it on to bay of e it goes.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Mrs drc 2b , where did you get it from? is it through your friend?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, please let us know what its like! It is very tempting..

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

watch this.

The guys is rather annoying, but I'd put my money on them being Chinese fakes.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Yeh. the thing is with chinese fakes, some people but them and are really happy with them, sometimes they do turn out rubbish. the only thing u can do i suppose is if you have the spare money buy it and if its bad put it on bay of e, and if its great you have a bargain. i just wouldnt leave it late or budget for it to be right cos theres a high chance it may not be x

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Oh La La- thank you for the link, I have watched this and completely changed my mind!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I looked at these guys for bridesmaids dresses. They make replicas of designer dresses - it's all there on their FAQs. As is thier returns policy.

It's definately a China-based operation, they list a European contact as well as thier main details.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

They've had good reviews on here before. There's been so my posts about chinese websites if you have a dig around you might find one that recommends yourbridalwear. I'm sure a few people have got their dresses from there and they've been good quality. More people have got theirs from Landy though.

I was planning on getting my dress from there as I always thought I'd chose a Maggie but didnt in the end and they dont copy my designer.

I think its worth the risk.

HTH

xxx

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

Here is another English based Chinese operation - my friend bought her BMs dresses from their shop based in Croydon. They were then ordered in from China and cost around £60 each and were gorgeous!

http://www.sexyher.co.uk/

I always think China dresses are worth a go, I was considering it until I found my Mori Lee dress in a sample sale xx

• S
    Beginner December 2010
    sophiaatwedding ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I saw your web site..There is lot of wedding dress style..I like all

Wedding planning

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Hey - yourbridalwear has been mentioned on hitched before. They are China fakes - but lots of people have come back with happy reports. So I'm considering it for my BMs.

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

There was a b2b on here who flashed her 'copy' dress from china (i'm sure) and it was beautiful, and she said the finishing was good etc.

who was it? she was stood in her sons bedroom if I recall??! : )

Got to be worth the risk I think ...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics