Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NikiST
Beginner July 2011

Your opinions on having a children's table

NikiST, 27 March, 2011 at 22:27

Posted on Planning 42

I just want to know your opinions really. My son is 6 and there will be the following age children at the wedding; 5, 6, 6, 9, 9, 11 and 11 and we also have 8 younger children (3 and under) who will obviously sit with their parents. (It's just dawned on me just how many children are coming and now I...

I just want to know your opinions really.

My son is 6 and there will be the following age children at the wedding; 5, 6, 6, 9, 9, 11 and 11 and we also have 8 younger children (3 and under) who will obviously sit with their parents. (It's just dawned on me just how many children are coming and now I feel a little nervous!! Eek!) So anyway.. I want to set up a little table for them all without a centrepiece and with some activity boxes with their names on (about 5 out of the 7 children know each other) so they can all be together and the adults can have a drink and a chat without their child being bored. I know some of you are having a childrens table. Is it a good idea with the age ranges I have?

Also, for those who are having table-top activities, what are you doing for them?

42 replies

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah we'll be having garden games, lots of stuff to keep them busy! I just wanted more stuff to include in their activity boxes for the table so they have something to do at the table. It'll be in replacement of a wedding favour.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooopps doh!!! Sorry thick moment there!! lol

Ive put little silly bits in like stretchy men, little spinning tops, girlie glitter stickers etc they will also have a disposable camera each with a task sheet.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh I LOVE the idea of giving them a disposable camera each!!! Also, I think I'll probably tailor the boxes to suit each child as there are only 7 and two of them are my own! And I know them all fairly well Smiley smile Thanks FM! Feel better about having a childrens table now.. people started to make me feel like it was a terrible idea but having asked 3 of the 4 sets of parents, they all seem to think its a wonderful idea. Never been to a wedding with one but I heard about it on here a few months ago.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics