Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Your proposal. . .

11 of October of 2011 at 22:04

Posted on Planning 79

After Chippers telling me about his proposal to MrsC2B, I have decided I want to hear how every one proposed/was proposed to? The mushier the better, and what little sentimental things were included?? My OH had been wittering on about wanting to marry me for ages, and I thought he was only half...

After Chippers telling me about his proposal to MrsC2B, I have decided I want to hear how every one proposed/was proposed to? The mushier the better, and what little sentimental things were included??

My OH had been wittering on about wanting to marry me for ages, and I thought he was only half joking, so I kept telling him no as he wasn't on one knee and I couldn't see a ring.

So one friday we went to the beach (we do often, normally with his parents dog, but it was just us) and well it was just normal, we went and got a drink from the little cafe, sitting talking having a fag just like we do allll the time, then when the beach was quite we went and sat on the edge of the pavement, (so our feet was dangling over the beach) and we were just talking away, and then all of a sudden he was just there on one knee, proposing!!! I said yes and literally jumped onto him hugging (and ended up rolling in the sand ) I think it was perfect and took me by suprise as I didn't know he had a ring. It turns out he'd seen one, and he managed to convince his friend to drive him to the shop during lunch breaks so he could see it and pay for it etc Smiley smile

So come on let me hear your stories now pleasie Smiley smile

79 replies

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

I love this feed...

Me and other half had been together just over 3 years even tho we knew each other from school he even used to save me a seat on the bus!!! We had talked about the future, and I'd pointed out pretty rings Smiley smile I had stopped mentioning it and watched lovely holidays and anniversaries pass so it kinda just stopped getting mentioned.....until oh rings me at work and ask's me to print something off to send to the bank so as I'm printing I notice the amount getting withdrawn and was like urrrrm!!!6 weeks passed and I'm thinking what the hell has he got that kind of money for in the normal bank account until we went out on one of the only Saturdays I get off, it was a gorgeous day and we ended up walking down the banks of the river in Chester me being the kid I am got a 99 twice Smiley smile it was whilst eating this and spilling it all down myself and looking for a tissue the Oh was down on one knee!! So of course I said yes and have him a sticky red sauce kiss!!

He wanted me to choose my ring as im such a funny bugger!! The night after we wn to tel parents and grandparents the responses we got ranged from don't tell m your making me a grandma, to whose decade as it w

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Stupid iPad.....

To whose dead as it was so late at night lol! My mum couldn't stop crying!!! It was mil2b 50th party the day after so we kind of hijacked her party

Smiley smile

• awakecyprus
    Beginner September 2014
    awakecyprus ·
    • Hide content

Mine is not romantic in the usual way but here's our story:

I have been with H2B for 3 years and we live together. from the moment i moved in with him (after a year and a half) he constantly asked me to marry him but without a ring and normally when he'd had a few bevvies of an evening Smiley smile my reply was always "ask me when you're sober" (see no mention of a ring!!!).

anyway, around feb/march of this year, whilst at my MIL2B's house, we got looking at old photos of H2B as a kid and of MIL2B's wedding. she then proceeded in showing me her engagement ring (WOW by the way). TBH i didnt think anything else of it.

Fast forward to August this year, my best friend,since we were both 4yrs old, was visiting me in Cyprus. Us three had planned on going to a rave on the beach. Great night, a few too many vodkas and home far later than normal. My Bestie went up to bed, and H2B said im just going to the toilet. He was gone like 10 mins..... thinking he's been gone a while. Next thing i know, H2B calls me in the house (we were on the outside veranda before... not called me into the loo!!) and there he is, one one knee, with a box. H2B starts telling me all these wonderful, beautiful things about us, and how much he loves me and wants to spend every moment of his life making me happy. He opens the box.... and there sat his mother's engagement ring. He put it on my finger (bit of a squeeze) and i said yes (obviously!). he had got in some champagne and so i ran and woke my bestie up, who tbh was not amused until i told her why!! we all sat round drinking champagne until 6am Smiley smile

Turned out, his mother had given the ring with her blessing to my H2B with one condition- that he gives it to me! no-one else! And H2B had waited until my bestie was over so i had someone else to share the moment with Smiley smile

Oh... the next morning i had to butter the engagement ring off as my finger had swelled up due to it being too small! opps!

xx

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content

Love all these stories of romantic proposals...and very jealous as I didn't have one! We had been together 6 1/2 years and were on holiday in Cyprus with some friends. We were just talking about weddings and marriage and stuff in general when we were in the pool (we had been to a good friends wedding 2 weeks previous) and we just sort of decided that maybe we would soon. When we got back to UK, H2B said something about contacting our friend that works in the jewellery industry and I sort of said "oh were you serious about us getting married then?!" And he was! So we are!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    ce4mpMwp ·
    • Hide content

All these stories make me so happy and smiley.

Our story.....

We had been to our local jewellers to trade in jewellery and I saw my perfect ring- second hand but exactly what I'd always dreamed of, tried it on and it fitted perfect, but we'd only been together ten months and money was hard so was never going to happen. The next week we went back tocollect the money and the ring was gone I was gutted.

Fast forward a couple of months and we were on our first holiday together in France, we had a lovely day at the zoo and then my other half had booked a table at an ice fish restaurant, our table was perfect- next to the window overlooking the beach with the sun setting, after a lovely meal and the sun setting I turned around to find THE RING on the table with my OH asking me to marry him! It was perfect, I later found out he'd emailed the restaurant in French (translated via google) asking for the best table so he cold propose!!!

It was perfect!! The next day I managed to find an English wedding magazine and started planning.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

My OH is actually fairly romantic, but his proposal was not romantic at all lol!

We bought our first house in early June, and it was a total renovation project, so most of June and July were filled with us working full time and trying to renovate the house in the evenings. In the middle of June I had some really bad news (a tragic accident that resulted in death of a family member) and didn't handle it very well, struggled at work and so on, and THEN had an accident myself and badly damaged an ankle (ongoing - I'm in pot with it now, 4 months later!!) so you could say it had been a testing couple of months.

I went away on a holiday with some friends for 5 days at the end of July. As I went, OH told me all the things he was planning on doing on the house. When I got back from the hols, I was so excited to see the house, and he took me round straight away. Well, I couldn't see any evidence of him having done anything, and being tired and emotional (and a bit hormonal and stroppy in truth!) we ended up having a massive argument and for the first time ever I stormed out and drove a mile away to have a good sob ?

He called me and said it was really important I went home to talk to him - I was CONVINCED he was going to moan at me for being selfish, or worse! I crept back to the house and apologised, but then started on a load of jobs like a whirlwind. He kept saying "Just STOP can you, I need to talk to you!" and I was replying with "In a minute, could you just carry this upstairs first?" and so on, until he finally shut me up saying "Look, just shut up a minute!" "Why?" "I want to marry you!"

Well, I shut up!!

We were due to go on holiday together a fortnight later and he had already decided he was definitely going to propose before we went on holiday, it was just a matter of when! He knew he wanted us to choose the ring together, so we went shopping the next day and miraculously found the most perfect, vintage 5-diamond ring for sale in my (half!) size, so it was meant to be! Once he had the ring, he wouldn't give it to me until he'd had chance to propose 'properly' ❤️

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Oh, the thing I forgot to type in that OH had already asked my dad for my hand (he's quite sweet and traditional that way!) so I did at least believe him that he was intending to propose and didn't do it JUST to shut me up - that was just an added bonus ?

• ellem88
    Beginner August 2013
    ellem88 ·
    • Hide content

Well my proposal wasn't a complete surprise as we'd talked about gettig married but OH ket ssaying that he couldnt afford a ring, and that he wouldnt propose without a ring.

I knew a proposal was on the cards as he had asked my Dad for permission to ask me to marry him my Dad's respons was would it make a difference if i said no? Any way OH goes away for the weekend playing hockey on the Monday he takes me out for a meal but insists we go on the big wheel in Manchester. I dont like the rocking sensation of the big wheel and freak out a bit, eventually I calm down and OH gets down on one knee and says that he wants to spend his life with me and will I marry him. I burst into tears and dont remeber saying yes. I try on th ring and its too big (other half had taken a ring from my bedside table which belonged to my nana to use a size guide, unfortuately the ring was too big). On the way to the restaurant I phone my family my Dad wonders why I'm crying and thinks somthing terrible has happened. When I speak to my mum and tell her I'm getting married her reaction is why? are you pregnant.

Anyway we are planning our weddin for August 2013 whilst savig for a house.

• foreverengaged
    Beginner February 2012
    foreverengaged ·
    • Hide content

Heres my story, me and oh went away to lake district with my sister and her husband for valentines, we spent the day walking round the lake etc and oh seemed a bit fidgety and always wanting to get rid of my sister but we were having so much fun we stayed with them the whole day. we were booked for a meal at 8 and at 7.20 my sis and her husband were still in our room drinking wine, we hadnt even started to get ready

i noticed the time and was like quick u need to go i have a got a fake tan to put on and clothes to iron. they leave and i dash to get the ironing board out of the wardrobe, as i turn around holding the ironing board there is oh on one knee with a ring. in was in shock so sort of went omg yes, had a little cry then continued manically to get ready, i dont think i realised what had happened!!

Its was only later sat eating that i realised and we had a love;y romantic meal celebrating

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

My husband was in a local pantomime, playing the lead male role. At the end of the panto, all of the main roles 'coupled off' and his character ended up with one of the 'ugly sisters' type characters. The curtain calls number was "I'm getting married in the morning". Throughout the panto the theme had been that there was a 'magic elf' who could wave her wand and make things right.

After the bows had been taken, he stepped forward and cut the applause, saying "I don't think everyone has quite ended up with the right partner. Magic elf - please could you help me?" He then beckoned the magic elf over and pretended to whisper into her ear. She then came out into the audience and took my hand and led me up to the stage (I didn't know this at the time but had been strategically sat close to the front!).

My husband greeted me and told me he had something very important to ask me (cue audience gasps!). He then pulled out the ring box and went down on one knee to ask me to marry him. At this point the audience broke into cheering and applause but I swear at the time I didn't hear any of it! Of course I said yes, to which he then gave me the ring and a cuddle. I then had to go back into the audience where I sat shaking and wondering if I had just imagined the whole thing! It was only the ring on my finger (which I had to keep looking at to be sure it was real!) that convinced me I hadn't ?.

We then went to the panto after-party which turned into more of an impromptu engagement party and enjoyed lots of lovely food and constant champagne - twas a lovely evening ?. And to cap it all we have the panto on DVD so we can rewatch (and have rewatched!) the proposal whenever we like.

The best thing was that I completely and utterly had no inkling and no idea that this was going to happen. It was a genuine and total surprise and it was wonderful.

• Nubbin
    Beginner January 2012
    Nubbin ·
    • Hide content

I met Neil 2 years ago, at a monthly club night in Glasgow. I moved in after a year, and the dog swiftly followed. We had joked about making the pup legitimate and as Neil is a wedding TOG, we spoke often about weddings, marriage etc. He asked me a few months ago to look at rings, so I knew it was coming. We got the ring made, however Neil was adamant that he wanted to propose 'properly'. So for about 3 weeks my ring sat in a box on the mantelpiece, taunting me! I couldn't tell anyone but was secretly wedding planning in my head Smiley smile

For my birthday I'd arranged a night out with the girls at the same club night that we'd met, which co-incidentally had a 'wedding' theme, with band, cake and bunting. Neil was asked to take pictures of the band so I knew I'd catch up with him on the night. He'd also said, there is no way I'm proposing in public so I genuinely didn't think it would happen then. That evening, about 7 of my friends cancelled so I was *this* close to staying in and watching x-factor.

Luckily I didn't, and when I got the club it was packed out and they had stopped letting people in! I knew the owners so managed to sneak us past the bouncers and we had a jig to the awesome wedding band that was playing. Neil was up the front snapping away and shouted me over. The band then started playing our song (Madness, It Must Be Love) and I started to click on....halfway through the band stopped, Neil took the mike and went down on one knee. He said, I love you Jen, you've changed my life and will you be my wife? I said 'No way...noooo way, aye alright then' and literally grabbed the ring off him and put it on myself! What an eejit I am.

We then had a wee boogie, went to the all night Greggs for a sausage roll and got the nightbus home. Perfect.

Turned out Neil had been planning this for weeks, in collusion with the club owners, the band who'd learnt the song especially and my friends who had been warned not to let me get too drunk pre-proposal.

We've got the band for the wedding, obviously Smiley smile

• Nubbin
    Beginner January 2012
    Nubbin ·
    • Hide content

Nope, it was just one of those things - rubbish weather, illness, no babysitter - that sort of thing Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner December 2011
    flashlytashly ·
    • Hide content

Can't resist!!

My proposal was 2 years ago this December and it was fab!! In my spare time I run a drama group and every year we put on a big production. 2 years ago we decided to do a musical so we did Les Mis. I was directing it (which was stressful to say the least!) as well as playing the harp in the orchestra on the nights. The H2B Craig was actually in the play playing the role of Marius. On the final night we had about 650 people in and the place was packed. The play went off without a hitch and I was the proudest person there - they all did so unbelievably well! I was especially proud of Craig who was spectacular and there wasn't a dry eye in the house when he was singing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables".

When the play ended everybody came out on stage for their bow and I noticed that Craig had gone deathly pale and was leaning against one of the props. Next thing he had taken the mic from the guy who was congratulating everybody. He called me up on stage and I honestly thought he was going to do the whole "Thanks to our director blah blah blah" so I dandered up (still wondering why he looked like he was going to puke).

Next thing he's down on one knee with an incredible sapphire and diamond ring in his hand (pre kate middleton might I add - the boy is a trend setter ? ) I just pulled him up and hugged him and the crowd went totally insane. I was so mortified I actually ran away and hid inside one of the big houses we had built as a prop. The stage manager then announced that it was very unusual from me to shy away from my big moment and I nearly died.

It was so amazing - I can't believe he managed to be so cool on stage, remember all his lines and sing so well. People still come up to me and say they were there on that night and thought it was amazing. We even had the play recorded but to this day I haven't watched the proposal - too embarrassed!

We are getting married this December and a week before the wedding I am directing "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" so we having some Grinch related wedding readings and decorations! I think I must be mental lol xxx

• F
    Beginner
    finty ·
    • Hide content

Loving all the stories ?

My H2B proposed to me last month when we on holiday in Bali. Looking back he did come across as being a bit nervous and had suggested a couple of stiff drinks before we got picked up to go to a restaurant. We had dinner which was fabulous and then he pulled his chair over to mine, took my hand, said a lot of lovely things about our time together and then asked me to marry him. I was stunned and promptly burst into tears ?. Of course I said yes. We don't have a ring yet but have been looking (I can't find one I like!). We are getting married abroad next year but can't set a date until after new year (work stuff). We don't know where yet, that will depend on which month we settle on. We want somewhere tropical and hot.

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

I had a christmas day proposal last year ?

I didn't have a clue it was coming, even though we have been together since we were 15 and 16 I just was not expecting it as my OH is rubbish at keeping secrets! So, after christmas dinner with my family and his family , 14 in total, I was wondering where OH had gone. We actually live next door to my mum and her husband as me and OH set my lovely mum up around 6 years ago with OH's next door neighbour and now they are married!! His mum and step dad knew, as did my mums hubby, who is going to be best man!

OH had popped home without me realising, then the lights went off, in came OH in a suit and pulled me up off the sofa and got down on one knee in front of everyone. Cue lots of gasps and screams as everyone realised what was happening, im in tears and best man to be comes in with the champers!!

It was the most amazing day, and makes christmas time all the more special for us xx

• H
    Beginner December 2012
    Hannah72 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, first post!

I have a Christmas proposal story as well. OH bought me a lovely Christmas tree-shaped wooden advent calendar as he knows how excited I get in the countdown to Christmas. The 1st December was a Friday which is the weekend here in Dubai and he'd been out with some friends who were staying with us the night before so was a little hungover. He asked me to go make him a coffee which I did and while the kettle was boiling I checked drawer number 1 of my advent calendar and there was a gorgeous ring, on top of a Ferrero Rocher with a note saying "Please say yes?" I ran back into our bedroom (trying to be quiet as we had 2 hungover boys in the apartment!) and said yes! I was shaking so much and promptly put the ring on myself, then realised he was supposed to do that so took it off again!

He'd also arranged a surprise meal out in the evening with all our friends when I thought it was just me and him going out for a meal!

Hopefully going to have a Christmassy December 2012 wedding, but struggling to decide on a venue when I'm in Dubai and the venues are in Surrey!

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs W ·
    • Hide content

Well me and H2B have been together for almost 9 years now. From the moment we met I knew we would spend the rest of our lives together. I myself have never been too bothered about the whole getting married proposal thing. I always thought it would be something that we would do eventually but that we would both decide and go pick a ring. How wrong was I!!! Last september we went away on our usual holiday to the canaries with Kieran saying over n over this is going to be the best holiday ever!!! I just thought it was because it had been over a year since we had last gone away. ANYWAY...... we arrived on the Saturday and as we were out that night Kieran told me to look at the restaurants and pick one to go to the next night. Que a strop from me along the lines of..... you decide, I always sort things like this out, make a decision for yourself for once!!! (only as I am cr*p at deciding anything) I picked a restaurant in the end and we headed their the next night. Had a lovely meal then Kieran said "I think we need to talk about the relationship" I started to panick then and honestly thought "this is it he's gonna dump me" then he started saying how happy he was, at the point I did vaguely think, oog is he gonna ak me to marry him, but the thought he was dumping me was the main one (this is because he isn't that romantic usually and i thought he wouldn't be doing this without me knowing would he, and surely he wouldn't have a ring) then he gets up to "go th the toilet" dropped to one knee, pulled a ring box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him. I said yes immediatley,put my beautiful ring on and then burst into tears (not a cryer usually) Kieran's then stop it, stop crying, people will think I have dumped you! whats wrong? I replied that they were tears of happiness and couldn't stop!!!!

I proceeded to tect everyone I knew telling them the great news, for every single person to reply saying we know!!! He had been planning it for a while and had told everybody about it. How they all kept it a secret I do not know. even people at my new work new!!! I didn't mind though as it obviously meant he was that excited to do it he had to keep telling everyone. The most romantic part for me is that he decided himself and went out , picked a gorgeous ring then managed kept it a secret from me. I said I wasn't bothered at the begining of this post about the proposal but I am so glad the he did it all himself rather than us just deciding to do it togther.

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

Our story...

I told OH that I wasn't sure about marrying again after my previous disaster, although our relationship was already looking much more stable than that one. He had agreed to us trying for a baby though, as neither of us wanted my daughter to be an 'only' child. I soon realised that he was so different I could actually imagine myself marrying him, and after a heart-to-heart with my bestie, I told him so, soon after we'd started trying. I wasn't expecting him to do anything about it for the next few years, just something else to go on the 'to-do' list (he is a bit of a procrastinator, like me). But two weeks later, on a lazy Saturday morning lie-in, we were chatting for a while and he popped out of the bedroom, I thought to go to the loo. He came back and shoved the open box in my face with the beautiful ring he'd chosen for me, and asked me! I was in shock! It took me about a minute to say yes, I was over the moon, but he mocked me for delaying my reply afterwards! A few minutes later my daughter came in and asked to wear my ring, and I said no, it's a very special present from Richard for Mummy, and it means we are going to get married! She admired it for a couple of minutes anyway before heading downstairs to watch telly. Then I got up and decided to do a pregnancy test as my period was late, and sure enough it was positive! Our baby is here now, and we're only just getting into the swing of planning our wedding!

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Got a bit weepy at work readiong these. My engagement was amazing! Despite my control freakish nature about the wedding itself, I never had imagined how a proposal would go - all I knew was that I felt very strongly that he should choose the ring, it was his gift to me, and if he couldn't choose something I'd like then maybe we shouldn't get married!

For my 30th Birthday he organised a big Pirates vs Ninja's party where we competed in lots of different games he and his dad had devised. despite being a drizzly and quite cold July day we'd had a great tiome. Afterwards there was a little award ceremony, that he got everyone outside for to give prizes for the team captians, best costume and best individual scores etc.

After he'd given all the prizes out that I'd known about there was a little pirate chest left on the table, and he asked me to go up - it flashed through my mind that he was going to propose, but he'd been quite anti the idea - wanted to buy a house (which we'd agreed to do and were looking for one) and I'd come to terms with the fact that it wasn't happening for a while. I figured it was going to be something silly that we'd all laugh at. All my firends and a fair amount of mine and his family were all gathered around

He's not a big PDA romantic kind of chap, but he started talking about it being something special for his soul mate, and got down on one knee and opened the chest and there nestled among little coind and jewle like beads was an amazing ring. The assembled masses gasped so loud no one heard my answer, he cried, I cried and his brother set of a few hundred pounds of fireworks!! It was amazing (though one of my friends tells the story better I think!)

His dad, brother and SIL all knew (as did his mum cos he was trying to convince her to stay later), and his friend (will be BM). BM's wife (and my best friend) did not know and was a bit put out, but whole heartedly agreed that she would never have been able to keep the secret!

His SIL videod the whole thing, think my favourite bit was the gasp of the crowd as the penny dropped, and also a photogrpaher friend had his camera and with no warning took some amazing shots of the whole thing too!

• Vickydrip
    Beginner July 2012
    Vickydrip ·
    • Hide content

Me and Paul (my other half) had been together for just under 9 months, and usually on a Saturday we would go to the football (Derby County Season Ticket Holders at that point) then he would come to mine afterwards.

After one particular match (on Saturday 26 Setptember 2019 - we won 1-0 and Jay McEverly scored the winner) he telephoned me saying should we go out for a meal that night. I said no as I was quite skint, and he said he would pay.

He turned up at my house all dressed up smartly, and I came downstairs in my jeans, an old tshirt and my converse trainers. He looked really uncomfortable and my mum told me to go change to put something better on, but he said "No come on lets just go" He took me to the restaurant where we had our first date, and asked for a table. The woman behind the bar told us there were some tables spare in the restaurant but my OH (who is very laid back) was quite pushy and said "No we want to sit in the conservatory" (We usually sat in the conservatory whenever we went).

We waited for a table and had our main meal, then the woman came out and I ordered a pudding. I also ordered a drink from her, and as soon as the woman went back to the bar, my OH said "I'm going to get a drink" I asked him why he didn't just order one 10seconds before when the waitress was there, and he just shrugged. When he was up at the bar, I had a fleeting thought that he was going to propose, but thought that I was being ridiculous. He got back to the table and looked really really uncomfortable. I kept asking if he was ok, but he just shrugged it off. I half thought ... oh god I hope he doesn't want to break up with me" ( I found out that he was at the bar asking the woman to bring my ring out with the pudding)

When the waitress came out with my pudding, she brought a box out, and said "THis is a present for you from Paul" I looked at him in disbelief as he got out of his seat and down on one knee in the middle of this packed conservatory before telling me that he loved me and would I marry him? I screamed at him (a-la Dawn French in Vicar of Dibley when Richard Armitage proposed) before joining him on the floor and hugging him and bursting into tears. After he put the ring on my finger, I ran to the toilets crying, telephoned my mum, my two best friends, his best friend and a work colleague. I look back now and feel awful as he had just proposed and I left him alone for around 15 minutes.

I got back to the table and the restaurant gave us a bottle of champers, and by this time the piudding was cold (he still moans that I wasted the pudding).

We visited lots of people that weekend to show them the ring (which was lovely, its a diamond, with a circle around it, set in a square "Raised bit") and when I held my hands out to his neice, she jus replied "Nice nails" wihout realising that we had got engaged.

He also told me that he decided a week and a half before that he would ask me, brought the ring and collected it on the monday, showed it to my mum Thursday night and asked her permission, showed it to my dad Friday night and asked his permission. He said that if Derby had not won that day, he would have waited until th Sunday and taken my to Hardwick Hall (my favourite place in the whole world) and proposed there to me, but when Derby won he thought "I'll just get it out of the way"

Very romantic and lovely, and I love him to bits!!!!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I think I must have the most unromantic man EVER. ?

Last Xmas, whilst I was dancing around to Christmas songs in my jammies and a bobble hat OH said 'there's more pressies for you behind the sofa'. So off I went to get them. One was tickets for a gig and t'other was a little gift bag from a jewellers. Ladies, you have to bear in mind that his leg was in plaster at the time having broken his ankle a week before.

Anyway, I opened gift bag, inside was a little box. I opend said box and said to him 'Is this what I think it is'. He just went 'Yup'. And that was it. I cried and I leaped on him and knocked his plaster cast and it was lovely. Even though I was still in novelty bobbly hat...

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Well my proposal was sweet my h2b took me to Morocco and after dinner we went outside and the pool was lit up and he took me on the little wooden bridge and got down on one knee then went for a walk on the beach it was so romantic Smiley smile

heres a pic of the place where he proposed in the day time....but was better at night Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner May 2027 Hampshire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

I am the one (28f) planning on proposing to him - I have a whole plan lined out - 365 countdown and alongside that I am making a scrapbook to document the whole process, a video with all the behind the scenes and things - but I am struggling with when to clue his parents in (I don't want his helicopter mum coming in and influencing things but I would like both of his parents to feel apart of it in some way) - help?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics