Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2015

Youth Hostel Wedding

Morgan-Vaughan, 30 of June of 2013 at 00:41 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone, this is my first post here... I wanted to know if anyone has any useful tips or experience re: Youth Hostel weddings please?

I am very flexible on location, with a preference for Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Lake District or any coastal or rural location...

I think a Youth Hostel wedding would give us the low-key/informal celebration we are really craving. I am also assuming it will be a great way to keep the budget low?

Are there any Youth Hostels where you can actually have the ceremony on the premises?

Can anyone recommend a specific location or has anyone got married in a Youth Hostel?

Lots of questions I know but this is a brand new idea for us and I would be grateful for any guidance.

Thanks very much!

Lindsey x

5 replies

Latest activity by Morgan-Vaughan, 30 of June of 2013 at 23:27
  • Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

Hartington Hall in Derbyshire is lovely and it says on the website that you can get married there.

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    Morgan-Vaughan ·
    • Hide content

That's fab thank you, I had come across it myself but do you know anyone who has got married there or have you heard any recommendations? I think we're going to use our week off work at the end of July to visit some venues and see for ourselves Smiley smile

• Merigold
    Beginner June 2014
    Merigold ·
    • Hide content

I'm also interested in using a hostel as a venue.

I started here: http://www.yha.org.uk/

to find some places. Their website is a bit glitchy, but you get a good idea of some of the properties they have on offer.

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    halechap ·
    • Hide content

The youth hostel at Whitby is up next to the abbey would make a lovely location but I don't know if they do weddings

Hayley x

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Some youth hostels are fab but I would def suggest you to check it out on your self before making your decision. It be better if you even check it in a day they have a wedding so you get an idea of what is really happeningSmiley smile I am just saying it so you can be on the safe sideSmiley smile

Maria

http://allbridesonboard.com

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    Morgan-Vaughan ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone thanks for advice/guidance!

I think Whitby would be amazing!! I've been up to the Abbey so I'm sure a Youth Hostel nearby would share the same breathtaking/dramatic scenery.

I'm going to make some enquiries at Whitby and will let you know!

Also, a friend of mine has recommended Wilderhope in Shropshire - he attended a wedding there and thought it was fantastic.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

I would welcome any further guidance in the meantime Smiley smile

Thanks, Lindsey x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics