• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

7 of August of 2004

7223days 6hours

Discussions

Peaches
Survey: Cats' whiskers
Peaches, 5 of August of 2009 at 16:27

I was stroking my 8.5 year old cat this morning and the length of his whiskers struck me as being far wider than his body. So I had a look at Tex's whiskers, and they are not only far shorter (about...

loopyloo, wednesday 5-Aug-09 9
swampytiggaa
my brother died this morning
swampytiggaa, 2 of August of 2009 at 11:31

5am. That fcuking fiasco with the *** boat finished him off. just glad i got to see him last night before the end and that he was able to recognise who people were. rest in peace Michael xx

Sah, monday 3-Aug-09 93
Bird.
QQ re the Euro/exchange rates
Bird., 3 of August of 2009 at 13:04

We're off to Spain on Sunday and usually just go to the post office or Marks and Sparks to get all our spending money in cash beforehand. However with the exchange being as it is, are we missing a...

Carrie74, monday 3-Aug-09 1 752
Melawen
Big busted ladies - where do you buy your bras...
Melawen, 19 of July of 2009 at 09:18

Answer in the title really - bravissimo is no good for me as I'm a 44f - any other suggestions? My washing machine has chewed three bras this week despite being in a bag for delicates so need to get...

Mal, tuesday 21-Jul-09 20
K
any year one teachers around?
kylieanne, 24 of June of 2009 at 18:56

Just wanted to ask what stage of oxford reading tree most year ones are on by the end of the year? I know that some schools have book bands, but my child's school do not band them, they work through...

Iris, wednesday 24-Jun-09 2
Bird.
Any Vets/Vet Nurses/Animal Experts? Book ideas
Bird., 24 of June of 2009 at 20:27

My niece is 15 and wants to be a veterinary nurse; she's currently doing a vocational course through her school in animal care and is on placement in a local Vets. Its her birthday soon and I want to...

angel delight, wednesday 24-Jun-09 553
Mrs Magic
You know you are old when...
Mrs Magic, 8 of June of 2009 at 18:44

The youngest child you babysat for, from the age of one (her, not me ?) pops up on a facebook suggested friends list. ? any more for any more?

JK, tuesday 9-Jun-09 28
Bird.
Gift delivery companies New Zealand
Bird., 20 of April of 2009 at 20:49

Does anyone have any recommendations? We need to send a birthday gift to Wellington (5yo girl) and its more logical to order over there but I'm not having much success with Google tonight! ?

Bird., monday 20-Apr-09 364
catwoman
Those who have a cleaner...can you help me out please?
catwoman, 15 of April of 2009 at 20:39

I think we're desperately in need of a cleaner, but I need to work out whether we can afford one or not. How long does your cleaner come for each week, and what do they do in that time? Not a lot of...

Mrs Vineweevil, thursday 16-Apr-09 7
Gone With The Whinge
plus size fashion help please (again!)
Gone With The Whinge, 8 of April of 2009 at 11:49

I have a glam wedding to go to in May. I was hoping to get into some pre-baby stuff for it but despite losing weight, my body shape is so very different that nothing is flattering. So - I am open to...

MrsSW, thursday 9-Apr-09 21
cornflake girl
Parents evening at primary school
cornflake girl, 2 of March of 2009 at 20:04

We've had parents evening tonight - our second of the year (we have one each term). Each parent gets a 5 minute appointment and they're given a slot in which to attend. We also give reports out each...

swampytiggaa, tuesday 3-Mar-09 23
LizBjk
Villa holiday recommendations?
LizBjk, 22 of February of 2009 at 17:17

We had resigned ourselves to the fact that we wouldn't be going away this year. But after speaking to some family members we're quite liking the idea of a few of us all going away and sharing the same...

Bird., sunday 22-Feb-09 1
RedB
Dementia - any info?
RedB, 3 of February of 2009 at 14:23

My dad has just been diagnosed with dementia and I'm trying to find out more about how it might progress. At the moment to me he just seems like a slightly forgetful elderly man. He's 78 and still...

allymc, wednesday 4-Feb-09 17
D
Feel so angry and undervalued.
Danger mouse, 20 of December of 2008 at 09:12

I work 2 nights in a care home which is registered for mentally ill, dementia residents over the age of 65. There are training days which one must attend from 10am until 4pm or face suspension. It...

Elise, monday 22-Dec-08 18
Bird.
Photo onto canvas recommendations
Bird., 30 of November of 2008 at 10:14

I want to have a photo H took in Venice put onto a canvas, quite large, prob about 80cmx50cm Does anyone have any recommendations for companies? I've been googling but didn't realise there's be so...

Bird., sunday 30-Nov-08 5
S
Life is cruel
Sandie, 30 of November of 2008 at 05:16

I have not been on here very much the last year or two so i just want to say hello to everyone i used to talk to. I cant get my head straight. I was due to get married in 4 months time. Life was good...

NeoShoegal, monday 1-Dec-08 113
Bird.
Does anyone know what those really soft squishy beanbag thingys are called?
Bird., 12 of November of 2008 at 23:44

?I bought one for mum about a year ago, it's a cylinder shape and reeeeeally soft and squishy, not a sit on one, more a cushion for your neck etc. I'm trying to buy one for a friend in hospital but...

Katamari, thursday 13-Nov-08 3
Tillybean
Venice hotel and restaurant recommendations please
Tillybean, 10 of November of 2008 at 18:10

Dear All I went to Venice earlier this year and stayed the Hotel Antico Doge on a recommendation from a hitcher - and the hotel was lovely and just perfect for me and my mum. I am going again to...

Bird., monday 10-Nov-08 1
Bird.
PS3 question
Bird., 8 of November of 2008 at 18:26

I might buy H a PS3 for Christmas (fool that I am) but have been looking online and am confused what the 'best' deal is. H is a very knowledgeable techie where all things geeky and gamey are concerned...

Champagne, saturday 8-Nov-08 4
Knownowt
Am I going to appear mad if I do this? (dull and odd)
Knownowt, 2 of November of 2008 at 19:13

Right, we have an appointment to visit a school (as prospective parent/pupil) in a few weeks. The school secretary emailed me the appointment time (10.20am) and said that she could change it to a...

Bird., sunday 2-Nov-08 6
elmo
3a*t6* 2eyb6ard 5s f4c2ed he3*
elmo, 31 of October of 2008 at 12:03

He3* 0y 2eyb6ard 5s f4c2ed. ? 0y 4 year 63d g5r3 has *ressed s60eth5ng and n6w 5ts ty*5ng 352e th5s! Can any6ne dec5*her the c6de and get 5t bac2 t6 n6r0a3+ than2s.

WifeyLind, friday 31-Oct-08 16
Clairy
H having problems at work (school based). Any advice? (long)
Clairy, 31 of October of 2008 at 10:21

I've ummed and ahhed about posting this because I know deep down there's nothing I can do, but I'm frustrated and upset and worried. H is an Assistant Head at a school that's just about got itself out...

Mint Spies, friday 31-Oct-08 11
Smiley
Any Classroom Assistants - application help
Smiley, 28 of October of 2008 at 08:27

Well, up here it is now a Pupil Support Assistant. Anyway, I currently work in IT, and I hate it. Every night before I go to work I feel physically sick, so I have decided I cant go on like this...

Smiley, friday 31-Oct-08 16
Bird.
I've been in a hot air balloon today! with pics
Bird., 27 of October of 2008 at 17:36

I've never done it before but always wanted to; H arranged it as a treat and it was totally amazing, I loved it! Suffering a bit from getting up at 4 and standing in a cold wet field for a few hours...

Canadian Liz, monday 27-Oct-08 18
Knownowt
Dull Q re weekend guests
Knownowt, 27 of October of 2008 at 18:09

We have some guests coming to stay this weekend- they are longstanding friends, my daughter's godfather blah blah... Anyway, I've just noticed that their original email (sent months ago) mentions that...

SophieM, monday 27-Oct-08 14
ruthy_wuthy
Ideas for 'romantic' centrepieces please...
ruthy_wuthy, 26 of October of 2008 at 12:18

I thought I wanted mini artificial topiary trees which could go in coloured plant pots with lots of pink and lilac ribbon (our wedding colours) but I can't find them anywhere... Then I thought of...

Snow Patroller, sunday 26-Oct-08 24
Jellicle
my cat has come home with a new collar, WWYD?
Jellicle, 25 of October of 2008 at 21:54

My cat has just turned up with a new collar on! I guess another family thinks she is their cat?? She is not even much of a stop out, she's not the sort of cat to be out for days on end. What should I...

whitetiger, tuesday 28-Oct-08 22
Frizzball
Teachers or anyone with experience of Dyslexia
Frizzball, 25 of October of 2008 at 11:20

For the last 3 years we have been telling our sons teachers that we are worried about his reading and writing. Every time we brought it up we were told that he was perfectly normal for his age and...

sian*, saturday 25-Oct-08 9

General groups

Hitched article topics