CJJ
CJJ

United Kingdom · From October 2003

• Beginner

Discussions

moog
anyone got a Prius or views on them?
moog, 1 of September of 2009 at 14:47

Pretty much what it says in the title but not a new one - Im looking at **** really, has anyone had experience, good or bad? To do daily short journeys mainly. Many thanks. I can't find a car I like...

JenB, saturday 5-Sep-09 15
M
True Blood
Minx Sauce, 24 of August of 2009 at 11:34

So... I'm probably behind the times but I've just started watching this and am hooked! I'm up to Episode 6 (Season 1) and really don't want to wait each week to view the next one on FX. Anywhere...

Minx Sauce, tuesday 25-Aug-09 6
Flump
What's actually worth watching on telly these days?
Flump, 17 of August of 2009 at 18:29

I am so out of the loop with telly-watching these days. Soaps take up too much time, but apart from that I don't know what good series there are at the moment? I'm not a 24 or Lost kind of person, I...

Stazzle, wednesday 19-Aug-09 40
Ethel
Quick update
Ethel, 17 of August of 2009 at 15:15

We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought a house! We bought...

Ethel, thursday 20-Aug-09 15
Ethel
Might be a *little* premature, however...
Ethel, 10 of August of 2009 at 19:51

*Does the "moving out of the Out Laws house and buying our own" dance* Im currently on 2 years, 8 months and about 20 days...I have neither killed her, myself or anyone in the way. I have dealt with...

bostongirl, tuesday 11-Aug-09 17
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
Septic Tanks
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 7 of August of 2009 at 12:27

Hi We are about to move into a property which has a septic tank. We've been told by the current owner, if we take good care, we could go several years without having to clean it out. Does anyone have...

CJJ, friday 7-Aug-09 5
Taffie
Gingey Wife (Q about shipping your worldly goods to the US)
Taffie, 6 of August of 2009 at 18:06

? Just a quick question (or 2 ?) if you don't mind. What company did you use to ship all your stuff over to Washington? Would you recommend them, and how long did it take for your stuff to arrive?

Peaches, friday 7-Aug-09 18
Flowery the Grouch
The Morgan Stanley teen intern "research" report
Flowery the Grouch, 15 of July of 2009 at 20:24

Have you read it? It's brilliant! Well, brilliant in a bad way. It's shocking. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2009/jul/13/teenage-media-habits-morgan-stanley I can't believe how much of a stir...

Hello Sunshine, thursday 16-Jul-09 8
Peaches
Bitter sweet day
Peaches, 30 of June of 2009 at 14:13

Today we close on our house here in Houston. Very exciting to be in the fortunate position of getting our Green Cards and being able to make permanent plans to live here. Really looking forward to...

RuthG, tuesday 30-Jun-09 3
HeidiHole
Anyone watching Murray?
HeidiHole, 29 of June of 2009 at 21:04

Mr Hole and I are oohing and aahing all over the place here. What an exciting game of tennis!

Bells, tuesday 30-Jun-09 44
Spamboule
If you weren't living in the UK, what would you like a visitor to bring you?
Spamboule, 24 of June of 2009 at 17:02

We are going to France soon to see the ILs and some friends. They have both requested tea bags (normal and Earl Grey) along with other requests for baked beans, shredded wheat, sausages and sandpaper...

geekypants, friday 26-Jun-09 34
AnnaBanana
Long Shot - deleted prog on Sky+ (Fringe)
AnnaBanana, 24 of June of 2009 at 21:36

My poor H! He's been saving up the last 2 episodes of Fringe Series 1 on Sky +, he just watched the first one, and he was about to view the second one, and DELETED it!!! He was like this for a few...

CJJ, wednesday 24-Jun-09
CJJ
Quiz website - good for time wasting
CJJ, 16 of June of 2009 at 18:41

I just read an article in the paper about Sporcle and have just spent rather too long on there, realising that my geography skills aren't as good as I thought! It's a US site, so a little biased...

Orly Bird, wednesday 17-Jun-09 2 645
CJJ
US Hitchers!
CJJ, 9 of June of 2009 at 14:42

We're now 'legal permanent residents'!! Letter arrived yesterday, cards to follow in the next 3 weeks. My, that was fast! H is nervous about telling one of his colleagues from India who is still...

Hugo Brambles, wednesday 10-Jun-09 11
H
Tell me of your sports bra, large of chest ladies
Headless Lois, 2 of June of 2009 at 12:28

I am literally ballooning, now a 36G, I swear there is no way I can swim underwater any more because my breasts would keep me afloat. Anyway, stuff swimming, I am running again and the wire popped out...

jelly baby, tuesday 2-Jun-09 23
CJJ
Who let Myleene Klass onto US TV?
CJJ, 2 of June of 2009 at 13:01

Go on, it was one of you lot trying to get rid of her, wasn't it?! She is now a presenter on the US version of I'm A Celebrity. Granted, there are hundreds of other channels, so I didn't need to watch...

Sunset21, tuesday 2-Jun-09 13
G
I need an excellent cookie recipe
Gingey Wife, 29 of May of 2009 at 14:41

I'm making cookies for a friend's birthday trip tomorrow. I can buy anything but can't get Smarties as i'm in the US. Give me your fabulous recipes!

Gingey Wife, friday 29-May-09 3
G
American TV is weird
Gingey Wife, 7 of May of 2009 at 15:32

I know! You are probably all laughing and wondering why its taken me this long to come to this conclusion. I was watching Sex and the City the other night at 23:30 and they cut the word dick out (in...

bostongirl, friday 8-May-09 5
Peaches
Full of doubt and uncertainty today - UPDATE x 2
Peaches, 23 of April of 2009 at 13:49

We had a meeting with the designer of the new house last night to discuss which tiles to go on the floor, colours of paint, carpet etc. Then we had an email late last night from the builder giving us...

Peaches, sunday 26-Apr-09 44
Peaches
We've bought a house!
Peaches, 20 of April of 2009 at 14:06

Wooot! After an exhausting week house-hunting, we've bought the house we saw first last Sunday on our drive-about. It's wonderful, although it's the one I posted about that wasn't perfect, but in the...

Mal, tuesday 21-Apr-09 18
Flowery the Grouch
Real scientific thing!
Flowery the Grouch, 17 of April of 2009 at 14:55

Why condoms don't work against AIDS [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZBSZ0xbfk:550:0]

CJJ, friday 17-Apr-09 13
Peaches
House buying dilemma
Peaches, 16 of April of 2009 at 13:53

What to do? Pick the not-so-perfect house with the perfect location or perfect house in location with no view and overlooked? Gah. Nice problem to have, I know, but ..... !!!

Headless Lois, friday 17-Apr-09 25
Old Nick Esq.
What you're missing if you don't live in NI.
Old Nick Esq., 13 of April of 2009 at 18:58

(or watch BBC1) A pre pubescent Eoghan Quigg singing the Cranberry's "Dreams". (You're not missing much).

CJJ, monday 13-Apr-09 3
Peaches
Any US folk about?
Peaches, 12 of April of 2009 at 03:22

Got some news .... ?

Peaches, monday 13-Apr-09 26
B
Last Q about Nigella's choc brownies, I promise....
bostongirl, 8 of April of 2009 at 16:20

I went for the Nigella ones in the end. I actually reduced the sugar a little and they are great. Totally sticky and decadent. Just one more quesiton. Do I need to keep them in the fridge and how long...

*ginni of the lamp*, wednesday 8-Apr-09 7
B
Nigella's Choc brownies.... urgent help from anyone who makes them...
bostongirl, 7 of April of 2009 at 23:48

Do I leave them to cool in the tin, or just for a few mins and turn them out onto a baking sheet? Answers appreciated in the next 15 mins please as they are in the oven!

CJJ, wednesday 8-Apr-09 8
R
Long shot - I don't suppose anyone lives in/ near Saffron Walden?
rah, 4 of February of 2009 at 16:45

Hi everyone!? Well looks like our house purchase is going ahead and we are hoping to move to Saffron Walden in the next 2 weeks ish. We're moving from Norwich (after a brief stay in Cambridge in...

rah, sunday 8-Feb-09 11
HeidiHole
Facebook oddness
HeidiHole, 4 of February of 2009 at 20:48

My son's old childminder has just added me as a friend on Facebook, my first name together with my maiden name is quite unusual, one of her other friends has just commented on her status and she has...

Dooby, wednesday 4-Feb-09 12
Melawen
Am I the only hitcher without snow?
Melawen, 3 of February of 2009 at 13:08

We have had a smattering of snow here but not enough to lay so it's cold and a touch icy but that's about it! So no days off work here. What about the rest of you?

AngelFace123, tuesday 3-Feb-09 18
feathers
What songs make you happy?
feathers, 30 of January of 2009 at 23:16

There seems to be a fair few sad posts around tonight. So which songs make you feel uplifted and happy? The Mr Big post has me thinking about this. For me it would have to be something cheesy,...

feathers, saturday 31-Jan-09 16

General groups

Hitched article topics