oldspeckledtam

United Kingdom · From October 2004

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

28 of May of 2005

6929days 10hours

Discussions

oldspeckledtam
Ridiculous things you've done in your sleep.
oldspeckledtam, 12 of June of 2009 at 22:36

I was just clearing out my phone texts and came across this one from my brother. "Girlfriend has excelled herself. Apparently she was dreaming that she was being made to eat worcester sauce, onion and...

crystal-k, monday 15-Jun-09 58
sherry
What job did you do as a teenager?
sherry, 9 of June of 2009 at 19:00

Just been having this conversation with some friends and most of us either had a paper round or worked in a shoe or music shop. What did you do?

lyni, thursday 11-Jun-09 90
Roobarb
House names - nice or naff?
Roobarb, 22 of May of 2009 at 12:32

I have just spotted one of our neighbours affixing a small brass sign to the front of his house bearing the legend "The Pinery". Now bearing in mind this is a pretty newish estate full of nice enough...

Fandango, friday 22-May-09 45
Roobarb
Recommend your deodorant
Roobarb, 20 of May of 2009 at 13:40

I used the Nivea roll on deodorant (in a glass bottle) and really like it but went shopping this morning and couldn't get it or indeed the same one in a spray format. Wonder if it's been discontinued?...

clairegwen, thursday 21-May-09 26
ooh la la
Eurovision Song Contest
ooh la la, 16 of May of 2009 at 19:42

Will anyone be watching tonight? I may be subjecting my OH to it as payback for him polishing his car ALL day!

Eda001, monday 18-May-09 355
jerseymonkey
Amusing books
jerseymonkey, 14 of May of 2009 at 13:53

My book group wants to read an amusing book for a change but we're struggling to think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas? We're thinking maybe something which isn't 'comedy', but is amusing...

poshpaws, saturday 16-May-09 30
oldspeckledtam
returning faulty goods- my rights?
oldspeckledtam, 12 of May of 2009 at 16:17

I have a Cath Kidston baby change bag that my mom bought me. It was purchased in December, I had my son in March and have been using it since he was born. Where there is stitching the colours have run...

Nooniepie, tuesday 12-May-09 3
titchbunny
Silly things you can't touch...
titchbunny, 12 of May of 2009 at 14:17

I have presently got a crocheted throw in my washing machine off my daughters chair in her room, even with rubber gloves on I can't take it out, the thought of touching wet wool fills me with dread....

Pommie, wednesday 13-May-09 45
oldspeckledtam
Simmering argument. Who is right?
oldspeckledtam, 10 of May of 2009 at 18:05

No pun intended, but H and I are in disagreement over what simmering is. ? One of us says it's when you boil something on the hob then turn the ring down to it's lowest setting. The other says it is...

Hoobygroovy, sunday 10-May-09 9
princess layabout
another news story - WTF?
princess layabout, 5 of May of 2009 at 16:47

Is it just me, or is this horrific? Talk about "Handmaid's Tale"

oldspeckledtam, tuesday 5-May-09 9
oldspeckledtam
recorded telephone calls
oldspeckledtam, 29 of April of 2009 at 15:18

I'm being driven insane by recorded telephone messages! I'm not usually home in the day (currently on maternity leave) and I didn't realise how many we were getting. Is there anything I can do to stop...

oldspeckledtam, wednesday 29-Apr-09 2
Dazzlegirl
What song would you choose for the school bell? help needed!!!
Dazzlegirl, 27 of April of 2009 at 18:55

At our school we don't have a traditional bell, we have a piece of music which is changed every week. The music is about 2 minutes long and is played at the start of school and the end of every...

DaisyDaisy, monday 27-Apr-09 19
J
Ideas for 3rd Anny present - Leather!
JK2B, 24 of April of 2009 at 15:33

Hi All, Really struggling this year - H and I stick to the traditional materials each yr and this time it's leather. Doesn't need to be too expensive - I don't want to get him Belt, Wallet, Shoes or...

oldspeckledtam, friday 24-Apr-09 9
oldspeckledtam
Lies you told (or were told by) your siblings as a child...
oldspeckledtam, 23 of April of 2009 at 21:51

Following on from the stupid things thread, did you tell your younger siblings lies? I told my brother he was adopted but it was a secret so he couldn't mention it. It was a year before he asked my...

SAM83, sunday 26-Apr-09 32 2,129
Gone With The Whinge
Stupid things you did as a child
Gone With The Whinge, 23 of April of 2009 at 19:45

Not sure why I've been thinking over these things this evening, but thought it'd be a good thread. Stupid things I did as a child include... 1) 'Broadcasting' my own radio show about 'umbrella fun'...

The Beast, sunday 26-Apr-09 126
catwoman
All you 30-somethings...anyone remember doing this play at primary school?
catwoman, 20 of April of 2009 at 21:10

It was space themed, and had a song that included the line, "I'm an alien creature from outer space, with an alien body and an alien face!". I can't remember an awful lot more than this, but could...

SabrinaSpellman, wednesday 22-Apr-09 19
shoegal01
How did you chose your screen name?
shoegal01, 25 of March of 2009 at 12:27

For anyone who watches SATC will know i stole mine from there and had to add the 01 because someone already had just shoegal! How did you chose your screen name?

R-A, thursday 26-Mar-09 30
oldspeckledtam
Friend dating an ex- etiquette?
oldspeckledtam, 9 of March of 2009 at 09:48

Just wondering. H has discovered through facebook that one of his friends is dating his ex. He doesn't mind, obviously, but feels a bit odd that he hasn't been told. They were togethrt for 6 years,...

oldspeckledtam, monday 9-Mar-09 4
oldspeckledtam
Mobile phone query... Do I have a leg to stand on?
oldspeckledtam, 26 of February of 2009 at 09:52

Will try to keep this brief! I have had my current o2 contract for about 6/7 years. (O2 customer for 10+ years) I bought it as a sim only deal with Genie. I pay £10 line rental, get unlimited free...

November Bride, thursday 26-Feb-09 6 1,001
Mr JK
I love a good PR disaster, me
Mr JK, 23 of February of 2009 at 10:18

And this one is especially satisfying, as the ad campaign is so annoying.

DaisyDaisy, wednesday 29-Apr-09 8
MrsB
Did you have an imaginary friend?
MrsB, 8 of January of 2009 at 11:22

Am writing an article about imaginary friends at the mo and would love any stories to help make it a bit more interesting! I had one, when I was about 8 I think. He was called Mohammed. I...

Ginger, saturday 10-Jan-09 56
Pop Up Pundit
Bizzarely retro/sexist reaction...by me
Pop Up Pundit, 24 of December of 2008 at 14:33

Surprised myself with a reaction I didn't think I'd have today! I am in all ways a groovy feminist, at uni I wore the docs and ranted about wimmin, I believe in equality and fairness, I didn't change...

Eric, thursday 25-Dec-08 19
Pop Up Pundit
Things people say by default that cheese you off
Pop Up Pundit, 23 of December of 2008 at 16:16

Are there any "default" comments that you get when you can predict exactly what people are going to say to you when they find something out about you? My examples: I cycle to work and it's almost...

Katamari, friday 26-Dec-08 71 1
leni
Blood Brothers
leni, 22 of December of 2008 at 12:15

Has anyone seen the Musical Blood Brothers? Whats it like? Some friends are wanting us to go see it with them but to be honest, I've never really heard of it and OH isn't a musical fan!

digitalskittles, monday 22-Dec-08 14
Wuzzle
How many people share your name?
Wuzzle, 20 of December of 2008 at 23:19

Http://www.yournotme.com/testaspnet/default.aspx There are no people with my name in the UK (this obviously hasn't been updated since I changed my name) so my answer is: You don't exist. Go and look...

Allegra, tuesday 23-Dec-08 33
Helen**
do you earn a similar wage to your siblings?
Helen**, 20 of December of 2008 at 15:41

I earn a labout 3k more than my brother and my sister earns a lot less but gets a rent & council tax free two bed house with it, so I would say we all earn about the same. I met my parents for...

MrsB, sunday 21-Dec-08 33
E
Prolapsed uterus
Eleda, 8 of December of 2008 at 12:36

My mum, aged 63 has just called and casually dropped into conversation that she's got a prolapsed uterus. Her doc diagnosed it with an examination and also with some sort of a swab. She wants her to...

oldspeckledtam, monday 8-Dec-08 8

General groups

Hitched article topics