HaloHoney
House moving Kleek?
HaloHoney, 21 of July of 2009 at 15:10

I'm in. We go to Market on Monday ? <wibble>

KJB, tuesday 21-Jul-09 11
hazel
Somewhere to drink near Kings Cross?
hazel, 13 of July of 2009 at 19:39

I need to meet some friends near Kings Cross for a drink. Can you suggest somewhere good? We'll all have luggage so space would be nice though we could leave it in the left luggage office I guess.

Foo, monday 13-Jul-09 10
S
Anyone know about legal requirements for a guarantor for rental property?
Smillie, 19 of June of 2009 at 20:59

We're hoping to rent for a whilewhen our flat sale goes through, have found a place we like but the agent insists on a UK home-owning guarantor. All well and good & we were going to ask my Dad,...

Mrs Winkle, saturday 20-Jun-09 3
S
AIBU? Leaving a list for tradesman
Smillie, 19 of May of 2009 at 18:58

We've had a new bathroom installed recently and weren't satisfied with the way they finished it so asked them to come back. Both times I've left a list of what needed to be done - the first time there...

Smillie, tuesday 19-May-09 1
Mrs Magic
Honestly, how often do you wash your bras?
Mrs Magic, 1 of May of 2009 at 12:55

A study has shown that most women only wash their bras every two months. In that, given most people have several bras, they say an individual bras get worn seven times before washing....

Mrs Magic, tuesday 5-May-09 107
oldspeckledtam
recorded telephone calls
oldspeckledtam, 29 of April of 2009 at 15:18

I'm being driven insane by recorded telephone messages! I'm not usually home in the day (currently on maternity leave) and I didn't realise how many we were getting. Is there anything I can do to stop...

oldspeckledtam, wednesday 29-Apr-09 2
HeidiHole
De-Christmassing the house.
HeidiHole, 29 of December of 2008 at 15:14

I'm not talking about taking down trees and decorations, I'm talking about getting your house back to normal. I did the dining room yesterday and I've just spent hours sorting the bedrooms which were...

Sparkley Christmas M, monday 29-Dec-08 4
GMT
Unusual wedding cake!!!!!!!
GMT, 10 of November of 2008 at 13:55

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/index.html Blimey!

Zoay, monday 10-Nov-08 9
S
Lost passport, Update, does anyone in London have a passport form knocking around? X-posted..
Smillie, 12 of October of 2008 at 18:03

Update: Well it's definitely not in the flat, I'm stumped. Have an appt at the passport office at 8.45am in the morning, Have been told it will take 7 days but there's a slimmer than slim chance they...

Smillie, sunday 12-Oct-08 3
S
What veg would you serve with this?
Smillie, 6 of September of 2008 at 16:50

For once we have all the ingredients for something just lying in the fridge (except lime but I reckon lemon juice will do) - it looks pretty good......

Smillie, saturday 6-Sep-08 305
S
Cheapest place to get converse?
Smillie, 8 of August of 2008 at 20:34

Does anyone know, is there a cheapy online outlet store or anything? I discovered today to my shame (and at a Hitched BT meet too) that mine have a big hole in them and, aging indie-kid that I am,...

catwoman, saturday 9-Aug-08 5
S
sleb spot
Smillie, 22 of July of 2008 at 15:23

At Stansted on Thursday, getting on a Ryanair flight to Norway. Hw was standing behind me in the boarding queue and helped with N's pushchair when the queue moved forward. He's a rugged brit actor, I...

Zooropa, tuesday 22-Jul-08 22
MrsB
Paint colours
MrsB, 7 of July of 2008 at 11:22

Anyone have Farrow and Ball White tie up somewhere? I am after a nice chalky white that's not too bluey or cold, but warmer... but nice and plain because I've got mad Cath Kidston pink rose curtains...

Smillie, tuesday 8-Jul-08 5
L
Goks fashion fix
Louise, 3 of July of 2008 at 20:39

I'm obviously unfashionable. I just don't get it. I'd still love a Gok-over though.

Smillie, thursday 3-Jul-08
HaloHoney
I am loving the recent trend in ambulance chasing adverts...
HaloHoney, 2 of July of 2008 at 12:51

...of adding an its-not-about-the-money reason for claiming right at the end of the segment, so as not to appear that all they are interested in is the money. For example: "I slipped over at work on a...

Smillie, wednesday 2-Jul-08 5
HaloHoney
Had a good day at work today
HaloHoney, 25 of June of 2008 at 21:12

I work in a shop. I was in charge today. It was nice and busy, we laughed our way through the day, got loads done - the back of house is sparklingly clean, and we took over 5k which is amazing for a...

jaz, thursday 26-Jun-08 21
O
Another irrational advert dislike... I'm getting old, aren't I?
Oh Zippy, 25 of June of 2008 at 17:22

A radio one this time... I heard this repeated many times a couple of weekends ago on Virgin Radio (don't normally listen to it so don't know if it was just that weekend or an ongoing ad). Basically,...

Chunk, wednesday 25-Jun-08 10
NeoShoegal
Do you leave the tap on when you brush your teeth?
NeoShoegal, 25 of June of 2008 at 13:19

Just seen this poll on moneysaving expert and can't believe that only 43% turn off the tap ? Why would you leave it on?

Oh Zippy, thursday 26-Jun-08 44
S
White linen trousers - why?
Smillie, 25 of June of 2008 at 12:54

Is it possible to find a pair of white linen trousers that aren't see-through? And do the people wearing them realise everyone can see their skin tone/underwear/bum tattoos through them?

Ashke, wednesday 25-Jun-08 15
S
FAO people of Northamptonshire
Smillie, 25 of June of 2008 at 13:01

Sorry if this has already been done... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/7472619.stm

Alicatt, wednesday 25-Jun-08 2 250
B
I'm so excited.............
bobbi, 25 of June of 2008 at 12:43

i'm off to The Ritz in London tomorrow for afternoon tea and i can't contain my excitement never been before. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew any nice girlie shops nearby want to make a day of...

bobbi, wednesday 25-Jun-08 4
J
Wheat-free recipes please
JK2B, 25 of June of 2008 at 11:56

Hi All, you may remember I posted on here a couple of weeks ago talking about wheat intolerance? Well now back from Holiday H and I have started wheat-free this week and I am struggling to come up...

Consuela Banana Hamm, wednesday 25-Jun-08 8
S
Does banana republic have a sale?
Smillie, 25 of June of 2008 at 12:22

I made the mistake of popping into their Regent St store yesterday and fell in love with an emerald green silk dress... Can't justify it though on my paltry maternity allowance but might be allowed if...

SJesus13, wednesday 25-Jun-08 1 255
NeoShoegal
Heathrow to Central London (hyde park) by taxi or car
NeoShoegal, 25 of June of 2008 at 12:04

How long would it take to drive that distance on a Saturday around lunch time? Any idea how much it would cost by taxi?

Mrs Winkle, wednesday 25-Jun-08 16
Zebra
Do you know what Gordon Brown's problem is?
Zebra, 25 of June of 2008 at 11:07

He's not the country's premier Gordon. When you read or heard the name Tony you thought of Tony Bliar, Prime Minister. When you read or hear the name Gordon, you think of a foul-mouthed chef ? How on...

Smillie, wednesday 25-Jun-08 6
S
Oooh, my friend was on the culture show!
Smillie, 23 of June of 2008 at 11:09

At about 35 mins if anyone's...

Smillie, monday 23-Jun-08 153

General groups

Hitched article topics