whitty1

United Kingdom · From March 2004

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

6 of December of 2003

7468days 19hours

Discussions

L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 of August of 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Gabster, monday 31-Aug-09 12
Flowery the Grouch
Wot? No strictly thread?
Flowery the Grouch, 25 of August of 2009 at 13:04

Line up revealed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8220020.stm https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq

Flowery the Grouch, tuesday 25-Aug-09 24
Hugo Brambles
How easy are platform boots to walk in?
Hugo Brambles, 23 of August of 2009 at 15:05

I'm just looking on ebay at 70s fancy dress boots and wondering how easy they are to walk in? We're going out round the city dressed up and I don't want to be struggling to walk! They look so...

whitty1, sunday 23-Aug-09 6
Zooropa
Fuming at sarcastic hsbc customer services
Zooropa, 17 of August of 2009 at 11:11

I'm on the phone trying to get some cash back on my credit card as I was screwed by the company I booked my hotel with for my trip to London on Thursday/Friday. I tell the lady on the phone all of...

Zooropa, monday 17-Aug-09 2
KEG
Anybody else not wanting children?
KEG, 16 of August of 2009 at 01:26

H2B and I got married 6 months ago, now we are married everybody turns the conversation to when we are having children. Since H2B and I met we discussed we did not want children, we are both still of...

Daffy B, monday 17-Aug-09 23
MrsMcB2B
Completely un-cheesy readings for wedding ceremony (X Posted)
MrsMcB2B, 14 of August of 2009 at 19:36

I need help! My man doesn't want any readings other than the legal minimum for our wedding ceremony. He's not in the slightest bit sentimental and doesn't want any hint of fluff. Now I don't want...

Faruk, sunday 20-Mar-22 30
Chicken
It's only bloody Friday
Chicken, 7 of August of 2009 at 14:49

Where did the week go? Tonight I'm out with a very good mate for dinner - we've known each other since we were 3. Tomorrow having hair dyed (fingers crossed for 'golden brown' please) then choosing...

Doughnut, friday 7-Aug-09 28
KB3
Does anyone remember Point Horror books?
KB3, 7 of August of 2009 at 10:08

As a young teenager I absolutely loved reading Point Horror books. My girlfriends and I would swap books with each other once we'd finished. They were so gripping and scary and I felt really old and...

Herringston, monday 10-Aug-09 47
MrsB
What's your worst chore?
MrsB, 6 of August of 2009 at 16:02

Just thinking as I pause in hanging up the washing. I hate hate hate hanging up socks on the line. they're so much sodding effort. a peg a sock. fiddly little gits. I also hhhhhhate unrolling my...

Campergirl, friday 7-Aug-09 56
legless
economy gastronomy
legless, 5 of August of 2009 at 20:05

How much????

Skittalie, thursday 6-Aug-09 27
J
Lois (and others interested in a dog food discussion!)
Janna, 29 of July of 2009 at 20:15

Thought I'd make the most of your brain before it goes fuzzy with lack of use (?) Right, so I've spent hours upon hours looking at dog food on the net. I'd appreciate your thoughts on my conclusion....

Headless Lois, thursday 30-Jul-09 12
Evil Yoda
Speed of Forum
Evil Yoda, 23 of July of 2009 at 23:00

Is anything going to be done about the speed of the forums? Personally I am not posting as frequently as I used to due to how slow the pages take to load. There is a thread on OT at the moment called...

Dean @ Hitched.co.uk, thursday 27-Aug-09 33
K
anxiety - help please
kylieanne, 28 of July of 2009 at 21:02

I have just started taking escitalopram, but the tablets have not started to work yet. At the moment, I have no appetite, can't sleep and feel anxious all the time that my chest feels tight? How long...

teenybash, wednesday 29-Jul-09 7
S
Moving iPod music to iTunes - can anyone help please
Sez, 28 of July of 2009 at 11:29

I have been trying without success to get the music on my iPod onto my iTunes as my old pc is broken. Last night I downloaded iPod rip as suggested on here and other sites but it did not work. Anyone...

Sez, thursday 30-Jul-09 5
cantwait2bMrsC
Can anyone recommend great b&b's for weekends away?
cantwait2bMrsC, 20 of July of 2009 at 10:20

Hi, H & I are looking for places to go for a couple of nights to get away from it all... can anyone recommend any b&b's? we're in the Midlands, so places within a 2-3 hour drive, or else...

Lili Donkey, monday 20-Jul-09 5
Pink Han-bag
Harry Potter-with Spoilers
Pink Han-bag, 15 of July of 2009 at 16:16

I've just got back from watching it, I was so excited ? Anyone else seen it yet? What did you think? I really enjoyed it apart from a whole fight scene missing which was a shame and I really didn't...

Pops, sunday 19-Jul-09 39
Mrs S*
cereal portion sizes!!
Mrs S*, 24 of June of 2009 at 11:08

What a joke! I've just weighed out my 35g and i realise i feed my niece more than that! And she's 3!! It's about 15 frosties! Needless to say i promptly turned the scales off! I wold starve on 35g!!!...

AnnaBanana, wednesday 24-Jun-09 17
Chicken
It's that time again ..
Chicken, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:01

Just a few more hours before Friday night and the start of the weekend kicks in. I'm going straight home tonight to sleep - woke up a t 4.30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep - as have Ascot...

Hyacinth, friday 19-Jun-09 35
Mrs M
sorry more running - especially for those who started with interval training
Mrs M, 17 of June of 2009 at 15:06

I've been using the pod runner intervals for the past few weeks and have gone from struggling to run for 2 mins to yesterday doing 2 10 min runs with a 3 min walk. From now on I'm supposed to drop the...

Mrs M, wednesday 17-Jun-09 4
J
Runners - your sock of choice?
Janna, 15 of June of 2009 at 13:03

My husband is a long distance runner and wears just normal run-of-the-mill trainer socks. As a result he gets blisters. So I'd like to buy him some 'proper' running socks. Trouble I know so little...

Janna, monday 15-Jun-09 8
F
Struggling to choose a new laptop - is Vista really as dreadful as everyone says?
Fimble, 10 of June of 2009 at 08:50

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease help me........................ I need a new laptop (actually I need 2) and have trawled the internet, cnet, dabs... and asked our IT person (no use whatsoever) Its main function...

LittlePeanut, wednesday 10-Jun-09 16
memyselfandi
How much do you follow the rules?
memyselfandi, 9 of June of 2009 at 13:13

Our son is being christened next Sunday ? in the church we got married in. Being the organised souls we are MrI only just got around to confirming that his best friend is baptised, he originally said...

Nicolaaaa, tuesday 9-Jun-09 10
E
Bath restaurants. Aqua or Onefishtwofish?
eastybabe, 8 of June of 2009 at 15:32

I've a weekend booked in Bath and have already booked The hole in the Wall but an struggling with the second restaurant. There's basically seems to be too many fab restaurants in Bath! I've narrowed...

whitty1, tuesday 9-Jun-09 8
alleroo
hangover kleek
alleroo, 7 of June of 2009 at 11:00

Anyone joining me today? I feel like absolute crap - all day red wine drinking (4pm-1am), one bowl of "oops, I forgot you were vege" chowder (basically cream and stock with a few boiled potatoes and...

whitty1, sunday 7-Jun-09 2
T
TMI ALERT- Er- frequent toilet visitor needs advice!!
TMI-Anon, 1 of June of 2009 at 11:30

?Help!! I am an irregular lurker but have had to change my username as I am so embarrassed with what I am about to post!! Before I go on, this is about Pooh. Ok there. I have said it. My name is...

Mizz Pink, monday 1-Jun-09 13
alfie
Pizza express
alfie, 18 of April of 2009 at 18:06

Is this place any good? We have got rid of A for the night and thought we would go out for a bite to eat and given my pregnancy craving is pizza I googled and this came up but the reviews seem a bit...

*ginni of the lamp*, sunday 19-Apr-09 27
alleroo
Anyone know about buiding regs - soil pipes, minimum depth and related issues
alleroo, 13 of April of 2009 at 19:35

We're taking up the concrete slab that was very poorly laid over our back garden, partially because I absolutely hate it and want to build a proper garden, and partially because it was so badly laid...

alleroo, tuesday 14-Apr-09 2
Redbedhead
Do you get Easter eggs?
Redbedhead, 10 of April of 2009 at 11:27

H and I were talking about who you get Easter Eggs from. Until this year we have normally got each other some chocolate (not always an egg) and then had one large egg from my Mum to share and an egg...

whitty1, friday 10-Apr-09 19
S
Where can I get low black wedge boots please?
SAM83, 9 of April of 2009 at 15:02

Any ideas? Need them for work. Would prefer black but brown/navy would be aceptable. Thanks

SAM83, thursday 9-Apr-09 3
monkey fingers
Boop, other dog lovers experts, food/ reward advice please
monkey fingers, 8 of April of 2009 at 18:39

Hello i need some suggestions, Sprout is doing really well and settled in well. She is sitting on command more often than not and goes to bed when told and a few other bits and bobs. When doing the...

Boop, wednesday 8-Apr-09 30
Sunset21
Flippin heck, 9p rise on large letters...
Sunset21, 8 of April of 2009 at 15:38

What happened to things going up by 1p/2p? Large letters have gone from 52p to 61p. That's quite a jump.

Katchoo, wednesday 8-Apr-09 7
fox-in-socks
where did you get your kitchen from?
fox-in-socks, 7 of April of 2009 at 10:03

I'm in need of kitchen inspiration but am drawing blanks so far. where did you get yours? no budget yet, just after ideas. pics would be fab too ?

geekypants, tuesday 7-Apr-09 27

General groups

Hitched article topics