Skip to main content
M
mariclare

United Kingdom · From March 2006

Discussions

M
A little question about speeches
mariclare, 17 of June of 2011 at 13:20

?Just learned that there is thoughts of 6 speeches at daughters wedding next month, is this too many? will people get bored? don't want to tread on any ones toes but could add up to over an hour, is...

mariclare, friday 17-Jun-11 17
M
Has anyone else experienced this?
mariclare, 25 of May of 2011 at 19:43

Hi there, I am a brides mother and enjoy this site. I just wanted to ask if any of you had come across this weird behaviour? A close family relative who didn't respond by the date given in the invites...

mariclare, wednesday 25-May-11 2
M
Tiny silk flowers anyone?
mariclare, 5 of January of 2011 at 14:38

Hi There, Mother of bride to be here. Does any one know where I can buy some tiny silk flowers? My husband is making some 'willow' wreathes which I shall decorate with ribbon and, hopefully, the silk...

Sherrie H, wednesday 5-Jan-11 380
spikeygoodness
How long do bridesmaid's dresses take to be made?
spikeygoodness, 2 of January of 2011 at 17:32

As above really! Could any of you who are having bridesmaid dresses from a bridal shop from the main designers (Dessy/Alfred Angelo type of thing) let me know how long they take to be made and into...

mariclare, tuesday 4-Jan-11 7
M
A question about the hen night from mother of bride
mariclare, 28 of December of 2010 at 16:28

Hi There Chief bridesmaid and I are getting our heads together to plan a hen night for my daughter who doesn't really like pubs/clubs in fact she doesn't drink alcohol so we wondered if you think this...

MrsMac2be, wednesday 29-Dec-10 9 1,521
M
Does anyone make jewellery?
mariclare, 18 of November of 2010 at 11:10

Hi There, I would like to surprise my daughter with a necklace to wear for her wedding day as a Christmas present. She likes a sparkley pendent rather like a polo mint in silver with little sparkles...

Lynseys Designs, saturday 20-Nov-10 3 538
M
MOB
mariclare, 3 of November of 2010 at 15:09

Hi There Not a question really but just to say as a mother of a bride to be I am having so much fun sharing in the happy couples planning, we have done so much together including the groom to be, it...

overtherainbow, wednesday 3-Nov-10 5
M
The Hen Night Funding
mariclare, 17 of June of 2010 at 10:53

Do you treat your Hens to the hen night? or any part of it or is it expected that they pay for themselves? I have no idea and don't want to arrange the wrong thing. Help please!

Mrs S*, thursday 17-Jun-10 16 1,586
M
Make up for oily skin....
mariclare, 15 of June of 2010 at 18:11

My skin is quite oily, i think make up may just slide off on the wedding day specially if its hot. I don't want to look all shiney and yuk, has any one used mattifying base or foundation or does any...

1Lucie, wednesday 16-Jun-10 9 1,877
katiea2000
Advice needed - I have 2 dads, who should walk me down the aisle?
katiea2000, 17 of May of 2010 at 19:04

Hi all, I really need some advice as I'm feeling awful at the minute and i'm not sure what to do. We only got engagaed a few weeks ago and me and my OH are already thinking of getting married on the...

Mrs S*, monday 17-May-10 8
M
Wedding flowers
mariclare, 12 of May of 2010 at 12:14

Hello every one I'm so green about this wedding planning but was wondering if any one could give a rough price on flowere for the big day? We would need...gulp ... 2 pedestal arrangements, 1 window...

Lynseys Designs, wednesday 12-May-10 5 547
M
mother of bride
mariclare, 10 of May of 2010 at 12:32

I posted about the time scale to look for a wedding dress with my daughter and had some lovely replies, thanks for that. I want to help them have the day they want on a bit of a budget so really do...

mariclare, tuesday 11-May-10 2
M
When to look for the dress?
mariclare, 7 of May of 2010 at 11:43

I am paying for/towards my daughters wedding dress (depends on how much it costs) How long before the big day did you all start going to try dresses on and making the all important descision? I would...

lisamarie85, friday 7-May-10 8
Jay-Low
Anybody else getting married/get married on a Wednesday??
Jay-Low, 4 of May of 2010 at 13:39

As soon as we started planning, myself and OH knew we wouldn't be getting married at the weekend. There are two main reasons for this - mainly money!! and also because I'm a nurse and work shifts,...

Jay-Low, tuesday 4-May-10 12
shoegal01
Facials and Beauty Regime?
shoegal01, 29 of April of 2010 at 11:20

Are any of you having facials or doing anything different in your daily beauty regime? I have started cleansing, toning and moisurising with some products by Simple. I am soooo not a girly girl and...

Saracroft251, thursday 29-Apr-10 25
M
Wedding Insurance
mariclare, 27 of April of 2010 at 12:11

Hi There, I am the mother of a newly engaged bride to be, the wedding is next July and I know nothing about wedding insurance, it wasn't around when I was married. Do you ladies all have it? is it...

Jay-Low, wednesday 28-Apr-10 7

General groups

Hitched article topics