Skip to main content
bookgirl
bookgirl

United Kingdom · From January 2006

Happily married 🎉

2 of June of 2007

6195days 9hours
RayeRaye84
Personal Question for all those already married...NO OFFENCE INTENDED! :)
RayeRaye84, 1 of November of 2010 at 13:20

The H2B and i are only wanting cash for the Wedding as we have just exchanged contracts on our home and will have purchased all we need by time the wedding comes around.... We are hoping to use...

bookgirl, thursday 4-Nov-10 97
Pittabre
How often do you wash your towels?
Pittabre, 22 of August of 2010 at 13:52

??

Petal, sunday 22-Aug-10 8
bookgirl
Why doesn't he want me?
bookgirl, 22 of August of 2010 at 13:30

Thought about going anon but couldn't be faffed! H and I have not had sex in so long I'm too embarrassed to tell you. Recently I've been telling him I would like to etc, it's difficult sometimes as...

brideseekingblush, monday 23-Aug-10 8 496
vikki-04/07/09
all of a sudden i feel really sad that i havent got a videographer
vikki-04/07/09, 10 of June of 2009 at 10:03

Im not sure why but i have 3 weeks to go and i feel really deflated that i havent got a videographer & carnt look for one as the budget is blown so much so i have had to borrow some off my mum. am...

ooh la la, tuesday 16-Jun-09 48
ashmegdj
o/t ish Anyone use Norethisterone?
ashmegdj, 21 of May of 2009 at 13:11

This is a pill that delays your period. I went to see the FP nurse yesterday and she said she would prescribe me this to stop me having my period on my wedding day or whilst away on our honeymoon....

Peter, thursday 21-May-09 9
N
timing for the day
nearlysummer, 20 of May of 2009 at 08:35

I was just wondering if people could post their running order, I have been trying to work things out but keep thinking meals are too close together or I have an hour where people will be sitting doing...

nearlysummer, wednesday 20-May-09 15
em-ster
AIBU - Kids in gym changing area / showers...
em-ster, 17 of May of 2009 at 15:08

Now, I'm not normally one to grumble and can totally appreciate parental needs, but can I run this you? I go to a fairly 'nice' gym with good wet and dry facilities which attract family membership. I...

Hecate, tuesday 19-May-09 184
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
Do the PMs work or not??
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 18 of May of 2009 at 10:18

I just noticed 'Conversations' at the top of my page and I'm looking at them trying to recall having them! They are all from 2008 it would seem...... but does that mean the function works again if the...

Peter, monday 18-May-09 8
Maxibon
I'm getting married about 250 miles away from where I live....
Maxibon, 7 of May of 2009 at 11:59

Any tips on how to organise things from home? I'm worried about finding a hairdresser (+trials) and stuff like that, help!! xx

PhotographybyRiddell, friday 8-May-09 10
Weather Girl
Hen Party - who to invite
Weather Girl, 7 of May of 2009 at 10:13

So far I have only invited those who are also getting an invite to the wedding but there are one or two people I'd quite like to invite to my hen party who we aren't inviting to the wedding because of...

Jowheeler2b, thursday 7-May-09 8
Bridget Gump
Who walks up the aisle?
Bridget Gump, 6 of May of 2009 at 22:00

I know this is something I don't need to worry about yet, but it was something that occurred to me earlier today when talking to a brideslave. I know me and dad walk in last after the BMs, but that's...

busybee29, thursday 7-May-09 8
summer_sparkles
Failing a driving test.
summer_sparkles, 6 of May of 2009 at 14:05

I failed my first driving test yesterday just because of nerves. I made a ridiculous mistake and I'm furious with myself. I'm on an SSRI for anxiety anyway because of OCD and I used that rescue remedy...

summer_sparkles, wednesday 6-May-09 9
Gillsy
Does the Bride need a handbag???
Gillsy, 1 of May of 2009 at 12:58

I seen a lovely ivory handbag with a chiffon flower in BHS at lunchtime which was only £8 (bargain!!!!). I was going to buy it but got to thinking...... Do I actually need a handbag???? Obviously I'd...

Saracroft251, saturday 2-May-09 14 1
Missus Jolly
Grim weddings
Missus Jolly, 30 of April of 2009 at 18:04

Sort of inspired by Emmanumbers post. We went to an evening reception recently. We really should have thought twice when we received the invite. The couple had added a little letter asking for...

WIseMonkey, friday 1-May-09 41
cantwait2bMrsC
Is it normal to feel so stressed i cry?
cantwait2bMrsC, 30 of April of 2009 at 13:00

Ok first of all i feel a bit pathetic even posting this when there are other hitchers who clearly have much more to deal with than i do. So apologies in advance... i may not even post it after i've...

Mel B, thursday 30-Apr-09 5
Mrs Magic
Why do people buy pancake mix?
Mrs Magic, 30 of April of 2009 at 10:53

I woke up fancying pancakes (of the scotch pancake/dropped scone with butter variety) and when I went to make them, I found we had no eggs. I could have cried as I rarely fancy eating these days as I...

*ginni of the lamp*, friday 1-May-09 66
JK
Following on from the 'morbid' post - organ donation
JK, 29 of April of 2009 at 07:22

Just a reminder that indicating your wish for this, which would make the process easier if the worst should happen, can now be done online...

GMT, wednesday 29-Apr-09 31
Amethyst
Accommodation Plans for Guests?
Amethyst, 28 of April of 2009 at 18:36

Just wondered how much you are getting involved with where guests will be staying for the night of the wedding? Our venue is in the middle of nowhere with no actual accommodation at the venue. Torn...

Bridget Gump, wednesday 29-Apr-09 14
K
What si the best way to word... if any!!
Karen1980, 22 of April of 2009 at 07:41

Whats the best way to word: In an ideal world we would be able to have everyone at our reception however our budget doesn’t stretch that far. If people would like to pay for their meal as a present...

milna, friday 24-Apr-09 79
The Sock Chicken
Opinions Please - Slightly controversial
The Sock Chicken, 15 of April of 2009 at 18:12

Ok - I know a lot of people frown upon gift lists on here, but I also know there are a lot of us having them. RIght, I have signed up for a John Lewis one, I know the wedding isn't for ages, but I got...

ashke_again, thursday 16-Apr-09 35
Peter
Email/PM
Peter, 25 of January of 2009 at 22:35

...option is no longer available........is this deliberate? It was a useful set on functions.

bookgirl, wednesday 8-Apr-09 2
sherry
Wedding speeches - in what order?
sherry, 31 of March of 2009 at 11:28

Who goes 1st? Groom Bestman Father of the bride. ?

Bridget Gump, wednesday 1-Apr-09 10
KateP
When do I send invites?
KateP, 31 of March of 2009 at 14:36

Hi all, In need of help!!! I am getting myself in a total panic about all the things I haven't yet started to do!?! We are getting married on 29th August this year which is bank holiday weekend and I...

boogiebelle, tuesday 31-Mar-09 11
Juicymelons
Sending Info out with Save The Dates
Juicymelons, 31 of March of 2009 at 11:38

Morning, I am starting to think about Save the Dates, we are getting married on the 1st May (2010), which is also first Bank Holiday weekend. Did anyone send any other info with the Save the Dates ?...

Amethyst, tuesday 31-Mar-09 13
leni
Those serving a set menu...
leni, 31 of March of 2009 at 15:04

If your serving a set menu, are you making the guests aware of the menu prior to the day so they can inform you of any dietry issues such as allergies, vegatarian etc We're looking at serving......

AliLindsey, wednesday 1-Apr-09 14
summer_sparkles
AIBU/WWYD So cross!
summer_sparkles, 26 of March of 2009 at 08:49

H2B and I went to our friends wedding yesterday. They had a best man, one bridesmaid and one usher, and OH was the usher. He got a phone call from the groom to say they weren't going to have an usher...

Turnham2b, friday 27-Mar-09 13
B
Tips on finding a hairdresser
BlurpImpala, 24 of March of 2009 at 13:45

Hello I am getting married on a Sunday, so the hairdresser at my venue (it is a hotel in the country - so not near to lots of hairdressers) isn't open. Does anyone have any tips for finding a mobile...

Sharonhair HIB, wednesday 25-Mar-09 3
laraluv42
Best for 32E/F bras??
laraluv42, 24 of March of 2009 at 10:58

Just wondered if theres anyone with same kind of bra size as me, looking for some nice undies for the honeymoon at the moment. Normally I can find the odd bra that I like and actually fits me. But I...

laraluv42, tuesday 24-Mar-09 17
WeddingPrincess
£13,000 Wedding Budget - is it possible?
WeddingPrincess, 15 of March of 2009 at 19:02

Hi guys! Just need a bit of reassurance about wedding budget. We have decided on £13,000 (possibly £14,000 at a push) inc honeymoon (nothing fancy) and i was completely happy with this but just...

Spudmurphy, wednesday 25-Mar-09 50
FIONATS73
To everyone who has made their own invites?
FIONATS73, 13 of March of 2009 at 09:28

I have made 110 day/evening invitations. How many thank you cards did you make? I would like to get these done, prior to the wedding whilst I may have a bit more time. Thanks in advance x

FIONATS73, friday 13-Mar-09 3
Kazmerelda
How do you deal with people letting you down socially?
Kazmerelda, 11 of March of 2009 at 12:01

Just a general one really.. Arranging to meet my friend whom I haven't seen for ages, she used to work with me so mentioned it to some other people I work with and they were up for seeing her too....

Dooby, wednesday 11-Mar-09 8
Fozzy Bear
Menus - choice or none?
Fozzy Bear, 10 of March of 2009 at 13:32

Thinking about putting in with the invitations a note, along the line of, you're having beef unless you ask me to sort something else out for you... What have you done, given people a choice or just...

bluewater, tuesday 10-Mar-09 16

General groups

Hitched article topics