• Beginner

Discussions

NeoShoegal
dull: home insurance providers
NeoShoegal, 10 of September of 2008 at 13:27

Any recommendations?

marquis, wednesday 10-Sep-08 4
Mrs Magic
Hotel in Scotland or North of England help please (sorry)
Mrs Magic, 2 of September of 2008 at 16:02

For two people, budget up to about £800 for 2 people and for 4 nights in October. (Mon-Fri) It's with my mum and we're thinking of a hydro style hotel that we really don't need to leave. ? It needs to...

Mrs Magic, wednesday 3-Sep-08 23
KEG
Honeymoon in Paris help!
KEG, 25 of August of 2008 at 22:40

Hi all, anyone been to paris? Trying to plan a suprise honeymoon for my fella and I, have booked the flights, but need suggestions on where to stay, for romance, sight seeing, nice bar restaurants....

Zooropa, wednesday 27-Aug-08 11
lollyxx
Coffee machines... recommend me yours..
lollyxx, 11 of August of 2008 at 23:03

I am looking to buy hubby a new coffee machine for joint xmas / birthday present.... we have a very basic one at the moment but I'd like to upgrade it as he loves his coffee!! But I am a bit clueless...

marquis, tuesday 12-Aug-08 10
Knownowt
Waxing- timing
Knownowt, 4 of August of 2008 at 14:25

If I have a bikini wax on 16th August, will it have grown back enough to have it redone properly 6 September? I'm not madly hairy- just normal.

Rosencrantz, monday 4-Aug-08 6
Safari
Car? Honda Civic
Safari, 4 of August of 2008 at 09:46

Does anyone here own a Honda Civic hatchback? I'm thinking of getting one but have read really mixed reviews about them. The main issue that people tend to slate the car is on the rear spoiler, as...

marquis, monday 4-Aug-08 3
Mal
Does anyone have hardwood flooring?
Mal, 27 of June of 2008 at 10:13

Mr Mal and i were looking at it yesterday and it is really lovely, far nicer than our current laminate flooring. Well, it should do at the price. Anyway, the laminate is excellent as any spills or...

Skittalie, friday 27-Jun-08 9
Puss
Where to buy beautiful bedding?
Puss, 20 of June of 2008 at 10:36

Bedroom is getting an overhaul, I have lovely wallpaper in duck egg blue with a nice simple pattern on it (finally found it despite DHL being gits). I need gorgeous bedding to complete the look... but...

marquis, friday 20-Jun-08 13
Spring
Recommend your knives please?
Spring, 16 of June of 2008 at 20:15

I'm sick of putting all my weight behind mine to cut something so i would like to buy a decent set that cuts through things with ease. What do you use?

Hitched in Paris, tuesday 17-Jun-08 9
Gryfon
Sky magic eye/remote receiver thing, anyone got one, need some help!
Gryfon, 12 of June of 2008 at 09:00

At the moment we're sorting rooms out (again) and we'd like to have the Sky box in one room but be able to change channels in the other room. Dad suggested a magic eye so I had a search but of course...

jaz, thursday 12-Jun-08 6
Diamond Star Halo
Epilators - updated
Diamond Star Halo, 9 of June of 2008 at 16:04

Firstly, are they really terribly awfully painful? I am used to waxing (although fed up with the faff of it). And I wouldn't be using it anywhere except my legs. Secondly, can you recommend any...

marquis, monday 9-Jun-08 9
Braw Wee Chanter
Buying & selling in Scotland - Estate Agents/offers over/ general confusion!
Braw Wee Chanter, 4 of June of 2008 at 18:58

We are looking to sell both ours and PIL property and buy one for us all to live in together. I held valuations at PIL on Monday (2 more tomorrow) and valuations at ours today. We've found a property...

Braw Wee Chanter, thursday 5-Jun-08 11
Koshka
Last minute holidays ques
Koshka, 30 of May of 2008 at 09:25

Where is the best place to look (either online or high street) for a last minute holiday on a very tight budget (£400 each). Is it best to wait right until the very last minute, like the week or day...

marquis, friday 30-May-08 11
K
Two Cars
Kegsey, 30 of May of 2008 at 09:27

I'm interested in couples/families who have two cars and how they are used. Is one car pretty much only used to get one of you to work and the other car used to get the other one of you to work and...

Hyacinth, friday 30-May-08 47
A
Barcelona restaurants - need ideas ASAP pls
alison76, 2 of May of 2008 at 11:43

My sister is off to Barcelona later today for a mate's 30th birthday. There's a group of 7 of them and none have been there before. Unfortunately the birthday girl has decided to book a tourist trap...

bostongirl, friday 2-May-08 5
Doughnut
Eternity ring Qs
Doughnut, 1 of May of 2008 at 21:15

I want one but I'm not sure how you're meant to choose - I have looked around but I wonder if you're meant to get the same cut stones as your engagement ring? I have 3 princess cut diamonds. I quite...

Consuela Banana Hamm, friday 2-May-08 32
A
New car - recs/ opinions please!
AmandaPanda, 2 of May of 2008 at 09:33

Well, after 10 hard years and 130,000 miles, my old Peugeot 206 has bitten the dust and I need to buy a replacement. I want something bigger, more comfortable: a 5-door diesel. I'm booked in for a few...

Natasha., tuesday 13-May-08 20
PhoebeBuffay
When you cook dinner for people
PhoebeBuffay, 23 of April of 2008 at 14:08

Do you listen to their needs/wants etc? I'm having friends round for dinner tonight, a couple and a single friend of ours. I'm not cooking anything fancy it's just spag bol. However one of the group...

marquis, wednesday 23-Apr-08 22
deedee
puerto rico Gran Canaria
deedee, 21 of April of 2008 at 15:39

Hi We are looking into going to Puerto Rico in May/June this year. I went there years ago and stayed quite a way from the centre. Can anybody recommend any hotels/apartments which are not to far from...

SAM83, monday 21-Apr-08 5
Clare _ M
Kitchen worktops.
Clare _ M, 21 of April of 2008 at 15:48

Heeeeeeeeelp!! I'm so fed up with changing my mind I'm starting to send myself crazy. We've decided on the cupboards (MFI Space range in white) and had decided on a dark oak solid wood worktop with a...

malteser, monday 21-Apr-08 7
Mad Cow Fuzzynutz
flights to new zealand
Mad Cow Fuzzynutz, 18 of April of 2008 at 13:07

My husband and I have been invited over to christchurch in new zealand and we're thinking of going in October time, I have been looking on the net and the cheapest flights I have found are about £1800...

Mad Cow Fuzzynutz, friday 18-Apr-08 7
jerseymonkey
Tinted moisturiser recommendations?
jerseymonkey, 14 of April of 2008 at 17:57

I'm looking for a good tinted moisturiser. Very pale skin, dryish to normal, moisturiser should have SPF15 or above ideally. No particular budget - cheap's great but willing to pay more for a good...

marquis, tuesday 15-Apr-08 12
M
Reasonably priced Champagne..
mariets, 11 of April of 2008 at 15:11

A friend needs some for next month, but doesn't want to spend a fortune. I don't like it myself so I can't help, but I'm sure some of you experts out there can guide her in the right direction. She...

Champagne, friday 11-Apr-08 18
~HP Fruity~
What can I do with Sweet Potatoe
~HP Fruity~, 11 of April of 2008 at 11:25

Bough a couple Sweet potatoes when i went shopping last night but have no idea how to cook them or what to serve them with- anyone have any recipe ideas for me please? ?

marquis, friday 11-Apr-08 15
deedee
Canary Islands - May
deedee, 10 of April of 2008 at 14:37

Hi We are looking to go away for a budget holiday mid may. I am looking at the Canary Islands at the moment. Want somewhere warm, self catering, in a fairly busy resort (but not lager loutish!) with a...

jozzym, thursday 10-Apr-08 7
A
Long haul flights - upgrade?
allthatglitters, 8 of April of 2008 at 13:17

Would you upgrade on a long haul flight (11 hours ish)? http://www.thomsonflysenses.co.uk/ normal and premium options here, it's looking at £600 all in to upgrade? The other options are thomas cook or...

marquis, wednesday 9-Apr-08 32
muffins
Do you reverse park or drive in...
muffins, 8 of April of 2008 at 19:50

I always reverse my car into a space, so that I can get away quicker? and I think it is safer as the space you reverse into is usually enclosed ( either by cars or painted lines) but if you are...

jelly baby, wednesday 9-Apr-08 27
feathers
Lily O'Brien Chocolates
feathers, 4 of April of 2008 at 11:22

There is no point to this post really. I was bought a box of these chocolates and they are gorgeous. I have made myself feel really sick through scoffing so many. As I say no point, I was just sat...

lillybet, friday 4-Apr-08 15
sal1
lasagne.......
sal1, 4 of April of 2008 at 11:28

Anyone have a favourite recipe that i can pinch to use for tea tonight? ?

marquis, friday 4-Apr-08 5
Petal
Sky TV - Why?
Petal, 2 of April of 2008 at 14:10

Right, I am trying to get Sky TV. But why do they offer a deal of Sky, BB and Telephone for £26 per month and then when I enter my telephone number they can't do it at that offer and in fact I have to...

Petal, wednesday 2-Apr-08 1
Ms. Scarlett
children named after parents
Ms. Scarlett, 2 of April of 2008 at 09:31

An interesting question from a student of mine got me thinking about children having the same first name as their mother/father (it seems very strange to them, probably as most Turks didn't have...

Lili Donkey, wednesday 2-Apr-08 34
M
Holy communion gift ideas needed
marquis, 31 of March of 2008 at 10:55

Hi, My friend's daughter is making her first holy communion and I'm in need of gift ideas. I'd imagine she will receive bible, beads etc so wanted something a bit different - any ideas? She's a girly...

Mrs Magic, monday 31-Mar-08 3 188

General groups

Hitched article topics