Skip to main content
Tillybean
Tillybean

United Kingdom · From December 2006

Discussions

Tillybean
Recommend me a florist for Brighton/Hove area
Tillybean, 12 of July of 2011 at 19:03

My gorgeous male friend who is as camp as Christmas and 65, has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He is chipper about beating (or at least managing) "Adolf" as he has christened his tumour and...

stripeyrache, wednesday 13-Jul-11 1
celticgoddess
whats your ambition in life, if any?
celticgoddess, 8 of July of 2011 at 15:31

Mine has always been to write a book and have it published..........jk rowling stole my idea though! maybe i should start now seeing as im incapacitated........hmmm maybe i might find some inspiration...

Chidders, monday 11-Jul-11 47
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Most disgusting thing you've ever eaten
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 1 of July of 2011 at 12:58

Prompted by reading a QI book of facts last night, where Stephen Fry asked this. Alan Davies' response was "Ear wax". Mine is okra. Someone gave it to me at a dinner party. I'd never tried it before...

Tray1980, monday 4-Jul-11 35
CupcakeQueen
Weekend Good/Bad Thread
CupcakeQueen, 1 of July of 2011 at 09:46

Good: Going for an Indian and LOTS of drinks tonight ? Good: Have a friend staying tomorrow (more drinks) Bad: Expect a killer hangover Sunday! ?

WhiteSparkles, sunday 3-Jul-11 9
Arquard
Favourite made-up words...
Arquard, 27 of June of 2011 at 16:55

You know the ones... they're not reeaaaaally words at all, but they've wormed their way into your vernacular and spread among your friends. Mine are: Mahoosive - like, really big, man. Amazeballs -...

1234ABC, thursday 30-Jun-11 30
Mitzi50
What do you do?
Mitzi50, 21 of June of 2011 at 12:22

I need a break... Im in HR and am currently trying to write my coursework for my CIPD and its hurting my head! What do you do?

Helenia, thursday 23-Jun-11 71
Spangler
My name is Spangles...
Spangler, 20 of June of 2011 at 08:52

And I'm disgusting. Had a lovely weekend with friends and on the way home I was sick AAAALLL over myself whilst driving. I was on the M25 and there was no hard shoulder, so there was nothing I could...

Tillybean, thursday 23-Jun-11 67
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Loo etiquette
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 22 of June of 2011 at 14:36

Upon entering a ladies loo and finding the only cubicle to be occupied, one should leave that loo and seek other facilities, rather than wait and therefore pressurise the occupier of said cubicle to...

NikiST, thursday 23-Jun-11 20
Flowmojo
Main Course Help!
Flowmojo, 4 of February of 2011 at 12:11

I know most of you ladies are marvellous cooks and very creative so looking for some inspiration! me and my girly mates are having a dinner date next weekend (OH is away!) and wer each doing a...

Saisi, thursday 10-Feb-11 15
crafty em
hitched book club
crafty em, 6 of February of 2011 at 13:16

Hi all, so excited about this, always wanted to be part of a book club ok first book is going to be 'The Black Dahlia' by James Ellroy The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy is an exquisitely written book...

TheNinjaPigeon, wednesday 2-Mar-11 73
cola
just blown nearly £100 today.....
cola, 7 of February of 2011 at 15:52

Not on anything nice, i just filled up the car that cost £73, then went to chemist and got my prescription that cost £21.60. Its so depressing the price of things lately, i could have got something...

CupcakeQueen, tuesday 8-Feb-11 9
Weather Girl
What do you have for lunch when at work? Inspire me.
Weather Girl, 7 of February of 2011 at 13:00

Today I've got 3 seed mini breadsticks and cheese. Last week I had pasta salad most days. Tomorrow might be beans on toast I think.

Tillybean, monday 7-Feb-11 10
crafty em
yeyyyyyyyyyy its friday, whats everyone up to this weekend
crafty em, 19 of November of 2010 at 15:43

Eldest two are not going to their Dads this weekend, but youngest is off on a sleepover at grannys on Saturday although quite tempted to send all three of them!! planning on a mass clear out, paint...

Tillybean, friday 19-Nov-10 14
Weather Girl
NYE Plans
Weather Girl, 15 of November of 2010 at 16:01

Has anyone decided on plans for NYE? I'm not usually a big fan of NYE, it kinds feels like a bit of a let down. For the last couple of years H and I have stayed in and before that we'd go to my BIL's...

*JLS*, thursday 18-Nov-10 20
Tillybean
Help needed for Christmas presents that I can order online
Tillybean, 8 of November of 2010 at 13:20

Hi - am looking to sort out my Christmas presents over the weekend and get everything ordered, but am looking for some new inspiration. I tend to rely on the wine/champagne combo or something from the...

Mrs C, tuesday 9-Nov-10 4 562
Houdini
Follow up to recipe share
Houdini, 7 of November of 2010 at 15:22

I made the lemon drizzle cake Spangles posted and it's yum! You were right, it was easy!

Spangler, monday 8-Nov-10 10
Tillybean
Got my Kindle
Tillybean, 20 of October of 2010 at 20:53

Title says it all. Deliberated between a kindle and an ipad but realised that i really did only want it to read, so ordered a kindle. Its fab. Sigh, I love it.

MrsH29.06, friday 22-Oct-10 6
Weather Girl
Turkey - yay or nay?
Weather Girl, 20 of October of 2010 at 14:00

Who has turkey for Xmas dinner? I know it's tradition but I'm not a big fan. I much prefer chicken or lamb.

MrsH29.06, wednesday 20-Oct-10 14
A
is anyone studying at the mo?need a study buddy for motivation!!
amythest76, 12 of October of 2010 at 16:51

I am currently doing a baby massage teaching certificate and last night began a reflexology course...which seems pretty hard going lots to learn and lots of homework-homework has NEVER been my strong...

Sshh, thursday 14-Oct-10 3
Pittabre
What film have you seen and hated?
Pittabre, 11 of October of 2010 at 13:57

Started watching 'The Wolfman' and it was pants and stopped watching it. You?

LuLu_x, wednesday 13-Oct-10 28
Tillybean
Weekend activities - what is everyone up to?
Tillybean, 9 of October of 2010 at 15:01

The weather is finally starting to cool down here, so I spent yesterday out driving in the desert which was fab and ended with a BBQ in the middle of nowhere. Fantastic sitting watching the stars and...

Tillybean, tuesday 12-Oct-10 7
FIONATS73
Where in the world would you most like to visit?
FIONATS73, 8 of October of 2010 at 12:21

I have dreamed of going to Australia since I was a little girl. I think it is because my anut and uncle live in Brisbane. But the hubster is scared of flying so not sure I will ever get there. He says...

Sherrie H, saturday 9-Oct-10 8
MarieMarie1980
What do we all want for christmas.....?
MarieMarie1980, 7 of October of 2010 at 15:34

So far, 6 people have asked me what I want for christmas. Apart from "to win the lottery" (unlikely) I dont really know what I want - So I'm looking for inspiration..... Tell me what you want for...

GemmaLouise1986, saturday 9-Oct-10 21
crafty em
further to 10 things about me thread......whos met/related to anyone famous....
crafty em, 5 of October of 2010 at 21:08

I'm related to christopher fry, think he was my grandads uncle (playright) I've never met anyone famous though

Sherrie H, saturday 9-Oct-10 23
Tillybean
Relying on something to get you through - when does it stop becoming a crutch and become a necessity
Tillybean, 4 of October of 2010 at 19:58

This is a conversation I was having with my friends over the weekend and it got a little heated, so I thought I would post and see what you think. For me, its been a rough couple of years, and whilst...

nanny plum, thursday 7-Oct-10 1 493
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
Who was a Brownie or Girl Guide?
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 2 of October of 2010 at 20:56

It seems to be a child hood tradition thats dying out. I loved attending and guide camp was always filled with pranks and the odd sneaked bottle of cider......... I have in my posession my first ever...

Sandie, friday 8-Oct-10 27
The Sock Chicken
What's everyone having for tea tonight?
The Sock Chicken, 2 of October of 2010 at 16:56

I am about to start making a lasagne which will be served with chips and onion rings ?

Storky, wednesday 6-Oct-10 32
Tillybean
Divorce lawyer recommendations - West London/Home Counties preferred
Tillybean, 15 of August of 2010 at 09:28

As the title says really. Looking for a good and hopefully not too expensive lawyer who can handle my divorce. I would need to be able to email or call them as I am not resident in the UK. Many thanks...

TheNinjaPigeon, sunday 3-Oct-10 3
Tillybean
Japan - anyone been?
Tillybean, 16 of September of 2010 at 19:33

Am thinking about going to Japan in October for a couple of weeks and am a little daunted. Just wondered if anyone had been and if so, what recommendations they had, particularly for lodgings for a...

Tillybean, thursday 16-Sep-10 198

General groups

Hitched article topics