Skip to main content
Fairyclown
Fairyclown

United Kingdom · From March 2007

Discussions

Gurzle
What do you think of these 'money as gift' poems??
Gurzle, 5 of February of 2011 at 23:24

Hi all, what do you think of these poems to go in invitations? I know some people think they are rude, but we are both 27 and bought our house a few years ago and so don't really need 'bottom drawer'...

knitting_vixen, monday 7-Feb-11 28
Fairyclown
Life Support
Fairyclown, 27 of September of 2009 at 22:44

Does anyone know how long it is safe to be on life support if not in a coma? today is the 14th day that my father has been on this and there doesn't look like any signs of him trying to cough the tube...

Smiley, saturday 17-Oct-09 15
Fairyclown
Intensive Care Unit
Fairyclown, 19 of September of 2009 at 23:19

My dad went into hospital last tuesday to have a tumour removed from hisgullet. The operation went well and he was sent to the high dependancy ward to recover. He seemed to be doing well and then last...

Fairyclown, monday 21-Sep-09 11
Fairyclown
just need to chat
Fairyclown, 9 of September of 2009 at 23:40

Hi all. not been on here for a while. my father has cancer of the gullet and after three 4 day courses of chemo is now finally ready for the operation. he is being operated on tomorrow first thing (8...

Fairyclown, thursday 10-Sep-09 11
lobster
Help with wording - any creative types about?
lobster, 2 of December of 2008 at 21:36

I'm creating a cocktail bar sign as a gift It's using this template http://www.simply-sublime.com/personalized_cocktail_lounge_sign.htm but I need something to replace the rather twee "Good Food, Cold...

*ginni of the lamp*, tuesday 2-Dec-08 3
RuthG
2009 ponderings, expectations and what you will be striving to achieve...
RuthG, 2 of December of 2008 at 13:36

As we're coming up to the end of 2008 I've been pondering over what has happened, and in summary it's been a bit crap ? I ruptured my L5/S1 disc and I am still suffering the repercussions of...

RachelHS, wednesday 3-Dec-08 22
Bohemian Raspberry
Let it snow!
Bohemian Raspberry, 2 of December of 2008 at 09:02

Has anyone else woken up to a thick blanket of snow this morning? We're just north of manchester and it's absolutely chaotic due to the 4 inch covering we've had. Most schools are shut, my work is...

Ashke, wednesday 3-Dec-08 15
Mrs Magic
When are we going all ho ho ho?
Mrs Magic, 2 of December of 2008 at 07:50

Can we change to our Christmas names yet? Are we even allowed to change our names on hitched any more? ?

Fairyclown, tuesday 2-Dec-08
AnnaBanana
sad about Christmas
AnnaBanana, 2 of December of 2008 at 07:47

This year I am not looking forward to Christmas. It will be the first time in my 27 years that I don't spend it with my family, I will be going to spend it at H's grandparents house, and his mum and...

AnnaBanana, tuesday 2-Dec-08 1
Gone With The Whinge
parenting a teenager
Gone With The Whinge, 1 of December of 2008 at 20:32

Is fecking hard, thankless work. Do you ever reach a point when you aren't telling them off/punishing them for something?! I am struggling. There, I have admitted it now.

Campergirl, tuesday 2-Dec-08 10
Fairyclown
Alfie
Fairyclown, 30 of November of 2008 at 21:42

I can't remember which of my email addresses I gave to Hitched when I registered. Although my user name says I joined whenever, I actually joined a long time ago and have since changed my user name....

Fairyclown, sunday 30-Nov-08 308
Jellicle
how do you remember birthdays?
Jellicle, 30 of November of 2008 at 21:03

I am really rubbish at remembering people's birthdays. This problem has worsened now people expect me to remember their children's birthdays as well! How do people do it? Do you write them all in your...

mrslf, monday 1-Dec-08 12
alfie
How do you cope with anxiety/panic attacks?
alfie, 30 of November of 2008 at 19:09

I would really like soem advice on how other people cope if you wouldnt mind sharing it with me. I have had them for just over two yeats now since my daughter was born and I got them in the form of...

whitty1, monday 1-Dec-08 34
DDiva
Who else has put their Christmas decorations up this weekend ?
DDiva, 30 of November of 2008 at 19:55

We did today - still dosnt feel like Christmas though ! Although very pleased our new kitten (6 months) has liittle if no interest in them - thought he might be a pain with them, esp climbing the...

allthatglitters, monday 1-Dec-08 32
Fairyclown
Oh the lid came aff the roses!!!!
Fairyclown, 30 of November of 2008 at 19:32

I've got several tins of Roses lying here for nieces and nephews christmas. Lid is off one of the tins, couldnt resist!! Help me! I've just scoffed 6 (yes 6!!) strawberry creams ?

Mattdonna, sunday 30-Nov-08 13
Bowski
Swollen Glands - How to stop them hurting
Bowski, 30 of November of 2008 at 18:44

I have swollen glands just under my chin, I know they are as a result of having a bad cold/ possible throat infrection. The one on my left side is really hurting when I move my head to either side....

DaisyDaisy, sunday 30-Nov-08 5
Diefenbaker
Does anyone else live alone? Bit random / morbid...
Diefenbaker, 28 of November of 2008 at 21:57

I've been living alone for almost 4 months now and managing fairly well. However, a couple of friends and acquaintances have had accidents recently (minor and fatal) and it's made me think. I started...

Diefenbaker, saturday 29-Nov-08 33
Fairyclown
Perfume lovers, please help
Fairyclown, 28 of November of 2008 at 15:30

Each time I discover a new fragrance that I want to make my own, my best friend ends up buying it too! The last one was Soir De Lune by Sisley. There's been Ghost Cherish, La Perla, Ralph Lauren...

anna belle, friday 28-Nov-08 16
Secret Lemonade Drinker
Dealing with colleague when you know something that you shouldn't
Secret Lemonade Drinker, 27 of November of 2008 at 17:27

Gah I am finding this week difficult. We have a new girl working in our department, in his particular area - we'll call her Cowbag (sorry, sorry). Our colleague Chris has been off work sick with an...

Fairyclown, friday 28-Nov-08 54
Fairyclown
Mrs Magic - help!!!
Fairyclown, 25 of November of 2008 at 19:21

Following on from your tablet thread, I've just given up with the beating! I followed your instructions to a tee, but it's very very runny and unlikely to set. What do you think I've done wrong?...

Fairyclown, tuesday 25-Nov-08
Fairyclown
aaaargh!!!
Fairyclown, 25 of November of 2008 at 09:43

I've just seen a post on another section of this site which began "Hiya hun" I actually felt myself tensing up to the point that I wanted to scream at the screen! I can't do "hun" ?

English Girl in Bang, tuesday 25-Nov-08 3 529
Jaffa cake
If you were asked at a job interview..
Jaffa cake, 25 of November of 2008 at 08:40

.. to give three words that your work colleagues would use t describe you, and three words that your friends would use to describe you, what would you say? thanks

Doughnut, tuesday 25-Nov-08 6
Redbedhead
Those who have a theme for their Christmas decorations
Redbedhead, 25 of November of 2008 at 06:35

Do you change it every year? And does that mean you buy new decorations every year?

Bohemian Raspberry, tuesday 25-Nov-08 21
LittleStar
Funny/Cringing Christmas Stories?
LittleStar, 24 of November of 2008 at 14:04

Every family has dramas at Christmas that are mentioned every single year afterwards, so no-one ever gets the chance to live things down. What's yours? My stepdad works for a Japanese company, and one...

Helen**, monday 24-Nov-08 11
Mal
Over familiar neighbour?
Mal, 22 of November of 2008 at 14:06

Or is it just me? My new neighbour rang my doorbell 4 times in a row, banged the letterbox, then rang the doorbell another twice. Next thing, I see her face peering in at me through the window. I...

KJX, saturday 22-Nov-08 11
Chicken
Swallowing tablets
Chicken, 21 of November of 2008 at 14:59

Why is this so difficult. Even big tablets have to be smaller than some pieces of food that you end up swallowing, no? I'm ok with the sugar coated nurofen types but those capsules are rank. I can...

Fairyclown, friday 21-Nov-08 22

General groups

Hitched article topics