Skip to main content
cherry_bomb
cherry_bomb

United Kingdom · From April 2007

• Beginner

Discussions

mimimouse23
Old marrieds please help timings of the day.
mimimouse23, 18 of August of 2009 at 15:52

Ok so just trying to put together the day in my head. I really don't want people hanging around and getting board. We are having a church service and then the reception venue is aprox 20mins away, how...

teeheeyoucrazyguys!, tuesday 18-Aug-09 5
teeheeyoucrazyguys!
OT anyone ever been hypnotised?
teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 18 of August of 2009 at 16:48

Hi Dont mean the pub laff variety but properly hypno'd for health issues etc??? H and I were discussing last night about my getting hypnotherapy for my driving. Just wondered if anyone had experienced...

teeheeyoucrazyguys!, tuesday 18-Aug-09 4
WifeyLind
Unsolicited applications
WifeyLind, 12 of August of 2009 at 19:48

I sent out an unsolicited application to a company here who are in a similar industry to what I worked in before coming to Denmark. I got the name of the Marketing Director from a friend whose...

cherry_bomb, wednesday 12-Aug-09 4
SophieM
60 best books of the last 60 years
SophieM, 4 of August of 2009 at 13:04

Http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article6735478.ece Hmmmm. There are some absolute stinkers in that list imo. The Time Traveller's Wife? Twilight? TWILIGHT???...

Flowery the Grouch, wednesday 5-Aug-09 37
penguin1977
Favourite Romcoms / Wedding related film
penguin1977, 4 of August of 2009 at 13:16

We're having a discussion in the office about this at the mo - whats your favourite Romcom of all time? My colleague is having a night in with her best pal and needs some serious cheering up!!!!!...

Daffy B, tuesday 4-Aug-09 37
P
Misconceptions about where you live
Pint&APie, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:32

R-A's earlier comment "I see the parks and my Lido and the fab diversity and sense of community where other people see the gun crime and used syringes" got me thinking about how certain areas develop...

Mollycat, monday 3-Aug-09 174
ashke_again
What's your average spend on food in a month?
ashke_again, 30 of July of 2009 at 18:00

Just trying to work out budgets and looking at the last few months we're probably spending nearly £260 (on average) on food for 2 of us. That's a bit much isn't it? Caught the start of the article on...

PoppetK, saturday 1-Aug-09 64
Chicken
Bad FB status updates
Chicken, 29 of July of 2009 at 09:29

Show your worst. xxxx xxxxx: say's i aint a killer... but don't test me... revenge is the sweetest think next 2 getin *** ! Oh dear.

ashke_again, thursday 30-Jul-09 38
Hyacinth
Following on from the 80s wedding thread
Hyacinth, 20 of July of 2009 at 13:09

What do you think our kids will laugh at from our noughties weddings? my vote is fascinators. Take them out of the fashion as we know them and you will have rows of wedding guests in pictures with...

Hepburn, thursday 23-Jul-09 15
Hugo Brambles
Can I find out what my area's demographic make up is?
Hugo Brambles, 22 of June of 2009 at 13:19

As per those rankings 'ABC1' if that makes sense?

tahiti, monday 22-Jun-09 2
SophieM
Share your irrational hates here
SophieM, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:41

I've just been sent a "gift book" to review at work. It's a collection of quotes from famous people about getting through hard times. I fucking hate gift books - they give the rage. So for some reason...

Spring, saturday 20-Jun-09 146
Knownowt
Small things that make you happy
Knownowt, 19 of June of 2009 at 07:38

I've just bought a new dressing gown- it's a waffle one from the White Company and it's LOVELY. Just putting it on makes me feel like I'm a White Co catalogue dweller, surrounded by crisp linen and...

lyni, wednesday 22-Jul-09 74
jaz
"Settling down"
jaz, 18 of June of 2009 at 14:08

This is just a pondering really and I guess the definition of settling down is a varying one. What age were you when you "settled down" or have you not yet ?? Did you consciously do it or just drift...

R-A, wednesday 24-Jun-09 23
cherry_bomb
Holiday reading recommendations?
cherry_bomb, 17 of June of 2009 at 15:18

Has anyone got any recommendations for good books they've read lately - I went into Waterstones to look for some holiday reading but as I didn't really have anything in mind couldn't make a decision...

Houdini, wednesday 17-Jun-09 11
Knownowt
Dinner near Gt Marlborough St/Oxford Circus
Knownowt, 17 of June of 2009 at 12:39

Can anyone suggest somewhere nice for a quickish dinner? H and I are going to some engagement drinks round there but want to eat first- we'll have about 1.5 hours so time for a proper meal but not...

Spamboule, wednesday 17-Jun-09 10
claires
Falling asleep while having a tattoo done
claires, 17 of June of 2009 at 09:35

/ Oh dear ?

Ginger, friday 3-Jul-09 105
Hepburn
Opinions on this dress please!? Updated
Hepburn, 16 of June of 2009 at 12:09

SIL's wedding in 10 days, I need a new frock! What do you think of this? https://www.reiss.com/shop/womens/dresses/amberly/papaya/ Either with Black accessories or Silver....? TIA x

Clare _ M, thursday 18-Jun-09 28
oldspeckledtam
Ridiculous things you've done in your sleep.
oldspeckledtam, 12 of June of 2009 at 22:36

I was just clearing out my phone texts and came across this one from my brother. "Girlfriend has excelled herself. Apparently she was dreaming that she was being made to eat worcester sauce, onion and...

crystal-k, monday 15-Jun-09 58
F
when is too late to hoover?
Fimble, 14 of June of 2009 at 21:18

I live in a semi and need to hoover the house - do you think its too late now? (she says kind of hopefully)

sdaisy22, monday 15-Jun-09 34
cherry_bomb
BBQ food suggestions?
cherry_bomb, 12 of June of 2009 at 14:16

H and I have decided to have a bbq this Sunday as it looks as though the weather will be good. I'm trying to think of some interesting/different food ideas other than the usual sausages, potato salad...

anna belle, friday 12-Jun-09 9
SophieM
Dinner thread
SophieM, 11 of June of 2009 at 16:27

Enough of the technology, people. What's for supper? I am having toasted polenta with black mushrooms cooked with garlic and pancetta, and salad.

alison76, thursday 11-Jun-09 32
hay
How was your journey to work this morning?
hay, 10 of June of 2009 at 09:29

Got on the 6am train which had its own problems with signal failure on the line. Got into Euston and walked from there to Bishopsgate. At my desk by 7.40.

cherry_bomb, thursday 11-Jun-09 29
Hyacinth
Name and Shame train fare evaders- what do you think?
Hyacinth, 10 of June of 2009 at 21:04

During my very long journey today I went to a national rail station and my flabber was gasted to see a large poster in the entrance. It read "NO excuses for fare evasion. Would you like your family...

hay, thursday 11-Jun-09 15
cherry_bomb
Anyone got any positive stories following being late for an interview?
cherry_bomb, 8 of June of 2009 at 17:47

I'm so, so cross with myself. I had an interview today for a fantastic job, but had written down the location wrongly and went to the wrong office, halfway across London to where I was meant to be -...

mothership, monday 8-Jun-09 11
Ostrich
OMG. I'm mortified.
Ostrich, 2 of June of 2009 at 12:24

I was on the train to work today and feeling a bit hungover and bloated. I was stood awkwardly because I was feeling queasy so I sort of had my tummy stuck out and my hand resting on it, and someone...

Hepburn, tuesday 2-Jun-09 19
cherry_bomb
I think I've ruined some woman's day
cherry_bomb, 2 of June of 2009 at 09:19

....by offering her my seat on the tube when she wasn't pregnant ? To be fair, she really did look pregnant - fairly slim all over with a 4-5 month sized 'bump', which she was resting her hand on top...

Janjabean, tuesday 2-Jun-09 16
Hyacinth
Exercise thread- ask your questions here!
Hyacinth, 1 of June of 2009 at 12:47

I was going to post some questions I have here- then realised I have a few and they aren't really connected. So should we start a exercise question thread where we can ask our questions and help each...

MarineGirl, tuesday 2-Jun-09 47
MBK
WWYD
MBK, 28 of May of 2009 at 14:27

I want to cold call some businesses to see how long it takes them to answer their phones - Any suggestions what I say when they answer?

cherry_bomb, thursday 28-May-09 8

General groups

Hitched article topics