hkj

United Kingdom · From February 2009

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

5 of June of 2010

5081days 20hours

Discussions

C
Can I borrow two minutes of your time please? I could do with some help!
clarebear007, 23 of December of 2010 at 14:24

I am a student at the moment, and part of my module is to build up a business plan. I decided to do my business plan based on the idea that I was to be a wedding photographer. I have some market...

MrsPenguin, monday 3-Jan-11 18
Spangler
Recipe sharing
Spangler, 5 of November of 2010 at 12:28

Who fancies sharing one of their (or pinched) recipes once a week? I was thinking on a Friday we could each post a recipe and report back with pics (if you want?) I want to get everyone cooking! I...

Naboo, friday 4-Mar-11 60
W
Passport name change Issues - any advice?
Wifeysoontobe, 9 of November of 2010 at 11:40

Hi All, I am getting married next July 2011 and am going on holiday with the family in Portugal next September. My auntie who is organising it all has booked my plane ticket in my maiden name and says...

Little Madam, monday 15-Nov-10 4
JessieE
honeymoon contributions as a wedding gift?
JessieE, 11 of November of 2010 at 14:52

We need the money since we really want to take a long holiday for our honeymoon and we'd like very much to travel to a number of countries, but is it cheeky to ask for honeymoon contributions as a...

Sarah Jenson, tuesday 23-Nov-10 2
J
Honeymoon June Advice
jlclewlow, 8 of October of 2010 at 20:57

Hi all Am looking to book our honeymoon soon for 6th june 2011, anyone know the best places to go in June? Any recommendations based on experiences?? Also has anyone seen any bargains anywhere just...

hkj, saturday 13-Nov-10 3
WelshBride-ScottishGroom
photographer at wedding day prep
WelshBride-ScottishGroom, 11 of November of 2010 at 20:39

I've had a lot of feedback about having a professional tog at the wedding prep. some say that the tog gets in the way a bit and some say it gave the best pictures. i'm still undecided - i could get...

Mrs C, saturday 13-Nov-10 13
gsijane
HELP!!! First dance nightmare!!
gsijane, 25 of September of 2010 at 20:25

Hi guys!!! Ok, now this may sound very petty to some but i've already started my argument with my fiance about our first dance!! (our wedding isn't till sept 2011!!) I thought we had the same idea but...

hkj, sunday 26-Sep-10 10
Shnarfy1
Need your ideas please!
Shnarfy1, 25 of September of 2010 at 21:42

I need help choosing a best man gift. He doesn't drink or smoke so engraved hipflasks/lighters are out the window. He's kinda geeky and likes computer games, does anyone have any ideas? I'm not...

atlonglast, sunday 26-Sep-10 16
Vikster79
How much are you spending your wedding cake?
Vikster79, 23 of September of 2010 at 16:07

We were going to get cupcakes from M&S and jazz them up a little, but i have been looking at the gorgeous chocolate wondernesses that you can buy and im considering blowing the budget to have what...

Em1982, monday 27-Sep-10 55
Cheeky_pie
Honeymoon in Las Vegas help with hotels!!!
Cheeky_pie, 24 of September of 2010 at 13:19

We are currently in the process of trying to organise our honeymoon to Las Vegas. We are looking at 2 different hotels but just just wondering if anyone has any comments on them??? They are the MGM...

Sloan-R, wednesday 29-Sep-10 23
lizzyleek
I had my Final Fitting today! ***Flash***
lizzyleek, 24 of September of 2010 at 23:23

Hello Ladies, I had my final fitting today Could have gone a little better but trying to not let it ruin my mood! I am happy with the dresses tho so that is the main thing! My Bridesmaids Me in Mine!...

atlonglast, sunday 26-Sep-10 9
Blackkat
Preserving flowers & wedding dress
Blackkat, 21 of August of 2010 at 13:51

The day after the wedding my mum asked if I'd planned to do anything with my flowers. I hadn't given it a single thought! So mum took my bouquet and my Hubbies button hole to be preserved. They've...

Sherrie H, monday 27-Sep-10 3
laineywhu
Guess this is where I belong now!
laineywhu, 11 of July of 2010 at 20:08

Hey everyone, I just got married on saturday, just thought I would come along and introduce myself :-)

brianna63, monday 25-Oct-10 7
E
Top Tips.....Should have's.....I wish I'd....
emmamac73, 3 of July of 2010 at 19:42

Hi As newlyweds are there any pearls of wisdom you can offer those of us still planning? Is there anything you would have done differently? Or anything you are really glad you did? Splashed out on? Or...

dangriffin123, monday 6-Dec-10 10
M
A multitude of questions.....
MrsDicken2b, 24 of September of 2010 at 18:26

Hi! I've been starting to work out whats needed on the wedding invitations and due to this I have a few questions... Do you put the actual time of the wedding on the invitation or do you put the time...

hkj, friday 24-Sep-10 3
H
Much belated N&P for Prettywild!
hkj, 24 of September of 2010 at 21:10

It is Friday night, hubby is off on a stag do and I have the house to myself for the first time in 2010! As it is so unlike me to be twiddling my thumbs i suddenly had inspiration to see how all the...

crafty em, saturday 25-Sep-10 383
nayso
I've just bought my wedding dress!!!! Update with *flash*!
nayso, 31 of May of 2010 at 10:51

Would anyone like a peek? ?

jen52637, friday 4-Jun-10 38
Mrs_T2B
Jamaica anyone?
Mrs_T2B, 27 of May of 2010 at 21:06

Evening Ladies Have any of you been to or plan to go to Jamaica? We are hoping to book our Honeymoon on saturday but wanted to see if we could get come reviews first? All the ones on TripAdvisor are...

KEBO Jewellery, saturday 29-May-10 11
H
Hitched sixpence?
hkj, 26 of May of 2010 at 18:55

Hello, I was on the list for the hitched sixpence, but i havent heard anything from the organiser or the bride for me - is it still going round? The big day is scarily very nearly here and I would...

hkj, thursday 27-May-10 1
itgirlno1
5th June 2010 - do I have any date twins?!
itgirlno1, 1 of May of 2010 at 22:14

I would love to know if I have one! ?

itgirlno1, sunday 9-May-10 13
H
Check list - can anybody give me a list to tick off?
hkj, 5 of April of 2010 at 10:59

I remember seeing a really comprehensive to do list on here in response to a newbie post in the last couple of weeks - and have just realised that it would be really helpful to run through it as we...

hkj, saturday 10-Apr-10 6
F
Invite timing - does this sound ok?
Flowerfairy, 5 of April of 2010 at 10:08

Hi all, We're getting married at the end of August (on a Friday) and we've just written our first batch of day invites (we're over on numbers so are sending out the invites we think/know will be...

fiona1984, monday 5-Apr-10 2
Steelgoddess
My shoesies! *Flash*
Steelgoddess, 3 of April of 2010 at 21:20

Thought I'd take a pic of the real thing I love them sooooooo much!!!

Charlotte12, tuesday 6-Apr-10 15
thefuturemrsclarke
happy, with a rant!
thefuturemrsclarke, 3 of April of 2010 at 07:56

I just went outside for a cigarette and there was a parcel stuffed behind my recyling bins. must of come yesterday and iv only just seen it. bloody royal mail. anyways, its the discs to put my photos...

hkj, saturday 3-Apr-10 12
missdeedee
***Good Luck Thread - DumbleSpud - 6th April!!***
missdeedee, 30 of March of 2010 at 12:45

I can't believe how quickly the last year has gone and that it's your big day already! Your one of the hitchers I remember from when I first joined and you made me feel so welcome. I hope you and Mr...

Juicymelons, tuesday 6-Apr-10 47
The BFG
FLASH hair trial FLASH!!! - warning snap happy stylist!
The BFG, 3 of April of 2010 at 11:39

I had my trial this morning and am quite happy with it, the stylist was unable to get 'all the height' she would on the day as it would have meant using lots of spray and she said that it would then...

The BFG, sunday 4-Apr-10 28
S
Dress fitting today!
shwayney, 3 of April of 2010 at 09:36

I have my first dress fitting in approx 45 mins!!! am the most excited ever! Seems so real now and is only 4 weeks tomo...eek!

Gillsy, saturday 3-Apr-10 12
Lola88
Hitched Sixpence- it's up and running!
Lola88, 1 of April of 2010 at 16:09

Hi all, Following on from a thread the other day, I just wanted to post and let everyone know the hitched sixpence is up and running again! So far I only have 2 brides who have requested the sixpence,...

Blackkat, wednesday 30-Jun-10 30
H
Is H2B allowed to see the wedding shoes?
hkj, 3 of April of 2010 at 07:02

As the title says really! I am obviously keeping the dress a big secret, but what are you all doing about the shoes and wearing them in?

teeheeyoucrazyguys!, saturday 3-Apr-10 8 997
H
Please can you flash your tiaras?
hkj, 27 of March of 2010 at 08:05

I have been looking at lots of websites but none of them seem to show pictures of people actually wearing their tiaras so it is really difficult to tell what they will look like on! Any photos of OMs...

Broody_wife, sunday 28-Mar-10 13

General groups

Hitched article topics