ashke_again
ashke_again

United Kingdom · From January 2009

• Beginner

Discussions

R
Best nail treatment after removing artifical nails
RedBerries, 20 of October of 2009 at 12:15

I recently removed my artificial nails after a fairly long time, and my nails are a bit of a state. They are very weak and just keep nicking at the sides meaning I have to file/cut them down. I bought...

seojoy, thursday 8-Apr-10 4
jessica.rabbit
slow cookers - a few questions!
jessica.rabbit, 12 of October of 2009 at 09:29

I am considering getting a slow cooker, but H says why don't you just use the oven on a low temperature? So, I wanted to ask those of you who have a slow cooker, Which one do you have? Do you use it a...

sauce boat, tuesday 1-Dec-09 7
*Kitty*
The bank sent H's new debit card to our old address and.....
*Kitty*, 28 of August of 2009 at 01:15

Someone used it ? Im furious. We moved house over six months ago and actually went into our local branch on the day we moved to tell them. Ive phoned the bank and been on to the fraud dept who said...

Mrs S*, tuesday 1-Sep-09 10
ashke_again
recommedations for Pub lunch near Bristol? Thornbury way...
ashke_again, 24 of August of 2009 at 20:09

Meeting with friends in that area a week on saturday as we're camping in Leominster, and going to the fireworks comp at Eastnor in the evening. Need somewhere for us to all meet up and be decent...

I love Cake, wednesday 26-Aug-09 6
Braw Wee Chanter
And we thought Hitched had no more loopers.
Braw Wee Chanter, 20 of August of 2009 at 15:54

Https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/132224.aspx ? All 300 of his employees were offended at the use of the word fookers. Probably not advisable to call him a cunt then? x

flissy666, friday 21-Aug-09 27
Melancholie
Registering to vote
Melancholie, 20 of August of 2009 at 19:00

Just seen one of those register to vote adverts and suddenly realised we'll need to register again now we've moved. Does anyone know if you can do this online?

Melancholie, thursday 20-Aug-09 2
Michpuss
Would you give someone a copy of your passport (photo page)?
Michpuss, 18 of August of 2009 at 09:52

I've got a job interview tomorrow and they have just sent me an application form to complete and to take with me. It says to attach a copy of the photo page of my passport but I am uncomfortable doing...

ashke_again, tuesday 18-Aug-09 14
Flump
What's actually worth watching on telly these days?
Flump, 17 of August of 2009 at 18:29

I am so out of the loop with telly-watching these days. Soaps take up too much time, but apart from that I don't know what good series there are at the moment? I'm not a 24 or Lost kind of person, I...

Stazzle, wednesday 19-Aug-09 40
E
jumping a ring size
elf, 17 of August of 2009 at 23:05

Does having a ring enlarged make it any weaker? Can you tell by looking at it? I'm thinking about getting my engagement ring enlarged, but a bit worried about doing so. Thanks all ?

elf, sunday 23-Aug-09 2
WelshTotty
Finding out the council tax band of a property
WelshTotty, 16 of August of 2009 at 12:08

Is there somewhere online that will give you the council tax band of a specific property? Ive googled and it isnt coming up with anything thats useful, just what different bands cost, Im looking for...

WelshTotty, sunday 16-Aug-09 10
MrsMcB2B
Completely un-cheesy readings for wedding ceremony (X Posted)
MrsMcB2B, 14 of August of 2009 at 19:36

I need help! My man doesn't want any readings other than the legal minimum for our wedding ceremony. He's not in the slightest bit sentimental and doesn't want any hint of fluff. Now I don't want...

Faruk, sunday 20-Mar-22 30
Mrs Magic
Share your weird and wonderful food combinations
Mrs Magic, 11 of August of 2009 at 11:54

I mentioned this on legless' dinner thread but it's still making me chuckle so thought I would ask for any weird and wonderful things/combinations you have eaten recently. Mum and I were at my...

babygreenuk, wednesday 12-Aug-09 77
penguin1977
More cuteness...
penguin1977, 10 of August of 2009 at 17:56

/edinburgh/baby-seabirds-end-up-at.5538358.jp Who knew a baby puffin was called a puffling! So cute I could ?

penguin1977, monday 10-Aug-09 4
ashke_again
\o/ I start my new job today!
ashke_again, 10 of August of 2009 at 07:51

After just short of 8 months I start my new full time job today at 9. My OH keeps telling me to chill and "you'll be fine" ? I'm not nervous, just excited and glad to be having a job and getting paid...

ashke_again, monday 10-Aug-09 7
Sare
Do you leave windows open at night?
Sare, 8 of August of 2009 at 18:57

And if so, are you currently plagued by insects? I've been leaving large windows open and moths are everywhere, which I understand, but lately I'm plagued during the day and night by beetles, flies...

Sare, sunday 9-Aug-09 13
B
car insurance help
bobbi, 8 of August of 2009 at 13:33

Does anyone have a website of a really cheap car insurer, I'm talking seriously cheap (i've tried confused.com) TIA

flissy666, sunday 9-Aug-09 11
Cosmopolitan
Dinner thread
Cosmopolitan, 8 of August of 2009 at 19:21

So whats on the menu this evening? I'm following Weight Watchers at the min and due to the Indian I had on Thursday I'm very low on points. We're having sandwich steak in pittas with roasted veg. Let...

Cosmopolitan, saturday 8-Aug-09 12
Rache
Scottish Hitchers: mince and tatties
Rache, 6 of August of 2009 at 15:00

It's my turn to make supper tonight and to my shame I realise I've never given my children mince and tatties. We used to have it every week with doughballs (dumplings) made by my gran. So..... fry off...

JasmineJ, friday 7-Aug-09 69
tahdah
Remembering Books
tahdah, 5 of August of 2009 at 12:16

Not sure if there's anyone else similar to me... This is really inspired by the 'Lovely Bones' thread - I read the book in a weekend & enjoyed it, but the only thing I could tell you about it is...

Melawen, thursday 6-Aug-09 13
Gryfon
Campers :o)
Gryfon, 5 of August of 2009 at 12:18

I'm just revising my camping check list. Was wondering what the things were that you find you need when you're there and you've forgotten? And also what you tend to take with you and never use? My...

Gryfon, thursday 6-Aug-09 20
legless
economy gastronomy
legless, 5 of August of 2009 at 20:05

How much????

Skittalie, thursday 6-Aug-09 27
Daffy B
Do you have a religion/faith/belief system?
Daffy B, 5 of August of 2009 at 11:36

When I was younger I was quite interested in the supernatural, afterlife, pondering about whether there was a God and all that type of thing. For a short time I considered myself a spiritualist and...

CBear, wednesday 5-Aug-09 31
ashke_again
Jam tarts, which jam....
ashke_again, 5 of August of 2009 at 10:22

Do you like in yours? I'm thinking of making some jam tarts today and need to go buy jam but can't decide if it should be raspberry or apricot jam that goes in them, or another flavour. Jo

Unique at last, wednesday 5-Aug-09 12
Mrs Magic
Your perfect (not much effort) picnic?
Mrs Magic, 4 of August of 2009 at 11:15

We're having a picnic with five adults and two children (a toddler and a preschooler) as definites and possibly another two adults, a newborn and preschooler on Sunday. It's likely to be very busy...

Flump, tuesday 4-Aug-09 11
HeidiHole
Do airport shops get paperbacks early?
HeidiHole, 3 of August of 2009 at 15:13

I'm pretty sure you can get newish books in paperback from Airport shops before they go on general release in paperback, but Mr Hole thinks I'm 'having a moment'. There's a book I'd like but it's in...

Sunset21, wednesday 5-Aug-09 15
ashke_again
Cleaning a whiteboard...
ashke_again, 3 of August of 2009 at 14:32

I have a white board in the kitchen and it's been a while since the pen has been wiped off and now it won't budge with the erasers that come with the pens. Any know the best way to take it off please?...

sdaisy22, monday 3-Aug-09 6
SophieM
Weekend plans thread
SophieM, 31 of July of 2009 at 11:58

Since Chicken seems to be AWOL... LOML is in Newcastle so I have a solitary weekend planned. I'm off to the private view of a friend's exhibition on Oxford tonight (much less glam than it sounds!) -...

Tillybean, saturday 1-Aug-09 47
Flowery the Grouch
Takeaways
Flowery the Grouch, 31 of July of 2009 at 10:17

How often do you have takeaways? On the cost of food thread lots of people were talking about one or two takeaways a week. The last time i had a takeaway was April 28th 2007 ? Living in a small, rural...

poochanna, friday 31-Jul-09 42

General groups

Hitched article topics