• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

16 of April of 2011

4782days 7hours

Discussions

cosmictrout
evening timings - thoughts?
cosmictrout, 31 of July of 2014 at 23:47

We currently have a schedule of events for the evening as follows (as recommended by the venue/caterers): 7.30pm evening guests arrive (after wedding breakfast/speeches - bar will have been open since...

TeamJamiesonLowe, friday 1-Aug-14 5
L
Wedding Ceremony
LuxuriousBlueDiamonds138, 28 of May of 2014 at 14:09

Myself and my fiancée are looking to get married next summer. However we are looking for somewhere for ceremony only. We are in the Betkshire/Wiltshire area and are really struggling to find...

LAR.2.LAA, wednesday 28-May-14 7
Forever&always
Changing my surname advice
Forever&always, 16 of March of 2014 at 19:18

Hi, we have set a date for Sept 2015 and I'm thinking about booking our honeymoon soon to go to America. I was hoping to book it in my married name and as my passport expires in June 2015 I was going...

LittleLocketanco, monday 23-Mar-15 6
daffodilly
wedding plans. ...non starter
daffodilly, 10 of March of 2014 at 18:25

Evening all. Hope you're all well. Sorry but this is a bit of a depressing post so I apologise in advance. H2B pproposed on xmas day after 15years, 3 house moves and a beautiful daughter. He was 8k...

Chucklevision, monday 10-Mar-14 8
PinkButterfly
Am I being unreasonable?
PinkButterfly, 9 of March of 2014 at 22:51

So I don't have the greatest of relationships with my SIL2b I don't get the impression she likes me very much and I always feel very awkward/uncomfortable when she is around. of course I've told my OH...

Aykay, monday 10-Mar-14 34
smokesignal
Has anyone planned a budget wedding in < 6months?
smokesignal, 22 of February of 2014 at 13:49

OH and I are planning to get married in July 2015, but we're not sure if we'll be able to get a flat, as we'll need to do that in January 2015, and I'll still be a student and he won't know about jobs...

AuntieBJ, monday 24-Feb-14 14
A
Registry Office asking for so much information
abimh87, 21 of February of 2014 at 14:18

Hi Ladies, I am more of a 'reader' than a 'writer' on here, but I feel I need to vent and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We are getting married at a beautiful civil ceremony venue,...

Helenia, friday 21-Feb-14 8
M
Sisters Boyfriend
murphy88, 21 of January of 2014 at 15:03

My mother and me are at a bit of lock heads with my sisters boyfriend. I need your advice and all opinions welcome :p my sister is my MOH and at the moment i have not met her boyfriend - well call him...

*J9*, friday 24-Jan-14 30
Miss Twizz
12 Dates – please help with ideas ladies?!
Miss Twizz, 21 of November of 2013 at 17:47

Hi everyone, I saw a wonderful idea mentioned on here a few months ago that I would like to do for my OH. I want to give my OH, as a present on the morning of the wedding a box on 12 dates.......

jen-lou, monday 15-Sep-14 32
P
Advice needed MOH
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 23 of November of 2013 at 15:44

We bought our wedding forward by about 9 months. My MOH response was she might be going on holiday that week (not booked) and would rather go abroad than stay here for my wedding, I am a soft touch...

Ohwhatatuesday, sunday 1-Dec-13 27
S
Venue dilemma - advice needed!
SunnyIvoryFlowers26, 30 of August of 2013 at 16:34

Dear all, I am planning to get married on 27 December so need to get a venue booked ASAP! But I am in a bit of a dilemma: We are having a civil ceremony in a hotel and then the reception in the same...

SunnyIvoryFlowers26, saturday 31-Aug-13 1
S
Parents Ruining My Wedding - Help
Stephie_Kent, 10 of July of 2013 at 09:52

Hiya, I need some advice and guidance. My family are ruining my big day. Everything I do is wrong, I've tried involving them but at the moment they aren't coming. my mum didn't want a night do so...

tayto, thursday 11-Jul-13 22
Merigold
Small wedding for older bride - venues don't seem to want me:(
Merigold, 27 of June of 2013 at 14:17

My partner of 7 years finally popped the question in May. I'm elated as had given up that it would ever happen. We have quite an age difference and different attitudes towards marriage - he always...

Elixia, friday 28-Jun-13 14
MrsBoo
Reception over by 10.45pm
MrsBoo, 26 of June of 2013 at 20:08

Hi everyone, We are in the early stages of planning our wedding and today have found a venue we love! It is a beautiful barn conversion and exactly what I have been looking for. It's a great price of...

Sandysounds, friday 28-Jun-13 14
emilyvportlock
another problem :(
emilyvportlock, 11 of June of 2013 at 15:20

I posted afew weeks back about problems i am having with my dad and step mum, she was giving him greif about my wedding, I got some good advise off the lovely ladies on here and I spoke to my dad and...

Icklefee, friday 21-Jun-13 20
L
What to do, opinions please :o)
LVDM, 8 of June of 2013 at 09:25

Good morning brides, I would love some opinions from you. I'm originally from England but now live In Australia with my H2B. We are getting married next year in England. We had originally decided to...

Chippet, sunday 9-Jun-13 15
erincat
Menus in wedding invites
erincat, 8 of June of 2013 at 12:30

Hi looking for a bit of help... my reception hotel is requesting we send menus with the invites (not a particular fan of this but hey ho!) This weekends task is to do ours....we have two choices for...

kharv, monday 10-Jun-13 14
Mrs*M
Has your relationship with people changed since planning your wedding?
Mrs*M, 10 of May of 2013 at 17:11

Just pondering really... Before we got engaged I had a great relationship with my inlaws they were lovely and kind and generally nice to be around, but the nearer to the wedding we get the worse they...

deguwrangler, saturday 11-May-13 10
L
Help family issues!
Loulou10, 8 of May of 2013 at 13:52

Dear all fellow brides to be, I wonder if anyone can offer any unbiased advice. I am due to get married in August. We are having a very small affair, about 20 of us which consist of close family...

emilyvportlock, thursday 9-May-13 4
D
Ceremony Start Time - Help? Any suppliers opinions?
dollydimple88, 30 of March of 2013 at 23:45

Got the call back from the registrar today about penciling in our ceremony time! (Missed their call so will have to call back next week but gives me time to think!) They have rearranged their ceremony...

Icklefee, thursday 25-Apr-13 17
Morwin_Nerdbane
Mother of the bride issues.
Morwin_Nerdbane, 25 of April of 2013 at 14:30

Hey guys, I tried to post this a second ago and I don't think it's worked so if this thread comes up twice then I apologise. I'm getting married in Vegas in about 14 months and I've been planning for...

golden, sunday 28-Apr-13 17
Chickster
Bridesmaids - arrgghh!!
Chickster, 18 of April of 2013 at 07:20

Sorry guys - need to vent!! I've got 7 bridesmaids, so getting them altogether is a massive organisational operation - especially as one of them lives out in Abu Dhabi (let's call her "P"). Backgound:...

mrsrh*, thursday 18-Apr-13 1
Fireflies
Best man wants to do thanks yous and gifts!?
Fireflies, 13 of April of 2013 at 21:11

My OH has 3 'best men' (don't get me started on that, I'm picking my battles..!) one of whom is his 22 year old brother who doesn't know anything about weddings really - nor in fact does my OH or his...

Sandysounds, tuesday 16-Apr-13 8
snow bride
Engagement Party - Nibbles or not?
snow bride, 12 of April of 2013 at 10:11

As we're so skint (lol) we weren't going to do an engagement party but were thinking of doing a meal out with family and friends (would need to do 2 meals as both have very different tastes /...

pandorasbox, friday 12-Apr-13 5
C
evening reception back home after wedding abroad...getting guests there at the start
cath4512, 10 of April of 2013 at 11:37

Just the two of us are going to Jamaica to get married. We are having an evening reception back here when we return. I would like all the guests there before we arrive...how can I ensure this? I...

cath4512, wednesday 10-Apr-13 4
2013_Bride_
Have you been to a wedding where the reception drinks...
2013_Bride_, 10 of April of 2013 at 11:15

Were wine and thats it? OHs one request, bless him, is to have copious amount of wine for our guests (during reception and breakfast) We attended a wedding where this was done and everyone had a great...

mickeyandminnie, wednesday 10-Apr-13 17
D
Families......or more to thepoint - OH's family!!
Doddyclaire, 9 of April of 2013 at 12:38

Just need to vent a wee bit....so we're quite limited on numbers at our venue for the ceremony/meal part, three weeks ago OH asked if his SiL's (grown up and only met them once) kids wanted to come...

Doddyclaire, tuesday 9-Apr-13 5
G
menu tasting... when should it be done?
Gumibear85, 7 of April of 2013 at 09:24

Something that was big on my list was having a nice menu for the wedding breakfast. I want my guests to be able to have a choice of what they eat. So I need to (at some point) go to my venue and do a...

Jennifer, thursday 4-Jan-24 7
B
Best wedding planning advice?
butterfly2016, 6 of April of 2013 at 20:59

What is the best bit of wedding planning advice you've been given/realised yourself? I'm hoping these will make me think/help me be even more organised!

mrsrh*, sunday 7-Apr-13 4
C
Wedding or house? Help!!
Cupcakebex, 6 of April of 2013 at 11:49

Hi ladies, just wanted some opinions please. My partner found out a few weeks ago that he is going to be receiving inheritance so we are now properly looking into buying a house. There isn't enough to...

mrsrh*, saturday 6-Apr-13 9
J
Groom is being a 'mare!
Jobesaurus, 5 of April of 2013 at 22:14

Apologies if this is long or jumbled or both! So me and OH have been together for 8 and half years and we're getting married in August. The OH is being a bit of a bloody nightmare about certain...

Barefoot, tuesday 16-Apr-13 17
P
Should I have an evening buffet?
peridotxx, 3 of April of 2013 at 22:13

Hi ladies I just wanted to few opinions on whether its worth having an evening buffet? We are getting married on the 1st September 13, and my dad is paying for the venue. However, my parents separated...

vickywil5, monday 8-Apr-13 19

General groups

Hitched article topics