• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

28 of April of 2012

4388days 21hours

Discussions

ChaosPixie
Dad Dilemma
ChaosPixie, 1 of June of 2016 at 15:59

Hi Ladies and Gents, I have a dilemma with my dad and really don't know what to do. It's a bit of a long complicated story but will try to keep it short and to the point. Bit of background: My Dad has...

Chapples, monday 8-Aug-16 17
M
Otter help needed re the D word
Macktheknife , 1 of February of 2016 at 15:08

Hello lovely Otters. I'm sorry to do this under an unknown username but given I know so many of you on the book of face and in real life I'd rather be anonymous for now. I'm in a bit of a pickle, it's...

Cooke-monster, tuesday 9-Feb-16 18
L
Advice on timeline for later afternoon ceremony
lee1a, 2 of February of 2016 at 12:03

Hi all, We have finally decided upon a venue and I'm just trying to sort out with them the order of the day. We have decided on a later ceremony with a BBQ buffet in the evening. We do not want the 3...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, tuesday 2-Feb-16 5
bliss_balloons
WWYD?
bliss_balloons , 8 of January of 2016 at 13:24

Parked my car on the side of the road last night just by our house. We had a heavy frost in the night and when I went to go to work this morning I found someone had written in ice on my winscreen in...

KinkyBride, friday 22-Jan-16 4
R
Before the ceremony
RomanticBlueFlowers251, 21 of August of 2015 at 09:21

Hi everyone, for those that are already married, I just wanted to ask, before the ceremony happens will the registrar need to talk to us? If so, what will it be about and how long will it take? Just...

Cupcake26, friday 21-Aug-15 5
S
Bar for a Garden Wedding
SunnyYellowDecor411, 14 of August of 2015 at 14:56

Hi We having a reception in the garden of my parents to try and save some money! With this in mind we have been thinking about not making our Bar free as this will cost us a fortune (our friends are...

Ash953, sunday 16-Aug-15 16
T
Falling apart.
Throwawayaccount, 3 of August of 2015 at 09:34

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I didn't want to post it anywhere else and get happy planning people down. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone else because doing so...

MadamRed, thursday 20-Aug-15 73
Calella
BM in trousers
Calella, 14 of July of 2015 at 14:38

Hello Hitchers! I'm hoping you can help me. FSIL is one of my BM's, and after having a chat at the weekend, I don't want to make her wear a dress. She said she'd do it for me, but I know it's not her...

MrsShep, wednesday 15-Jul-15 43
H
Arghhh.... Think someone has stolen my money!
HappyBrownDiamonds179, 22 of June of 2015 at 16:00

I ordered some LOVE letters and Centrepieces online during a sale, the company asked me to transfer the money to their bank to confirm booking. I did this on the 2nd of June and since then I have...

DreamsComeTrue2015, wednesday 24-Jun-15 28
charlie_rabbit01
Civil Ceremony - Any not had readings?
charlie_rabbit01, 22 of May of 2015 at 16:25

We're getting married in a hotel, and my h2b doesn't want readings which i'm kinda ok with but also wondering if it will make the ceremony really short and boring? I can understand his reasoning as...

pammy67, saturday 23-May-15 7
H
Dress Panic UPDATE
Holz_27, 21 of May of 2015 at 13:36

Please tell me I'm not the only one... I have tried on about 20 dresses and found nothing that I love enough to buy Getting married April next year and really worrying that I'm running out of time.......

LittleMissPanda, wednesday 27-May-15 26
P
What colour is this dress? Feeling insane
Purplecake, 27 of February of 2015 at 12:00

So i saw articles on this all over the internet this morning, and put it to the test in the office and on a whatsapp group and the results are strange! You will be in a camp that either sees the...

celticcurl, tuesday 3-Mar-15 27
daisymoo86
Harry Potter Studio Tours
daisymoo86, 27 of February of 2015 at 12:15

Has anyone ever been? Is it worth the money? Is it full of kids?

Erin8, monday 2-Mar-15 3
WickyWack
Holiday leave entitlement based on grade - HR question.
WickyWack, 30 of January of 2015 at 14:17

I've never really thought about this before now but a colleague is moving from a 'research and teaching' post to a 'administrative and professional management' post and asked me whether her annual...

Helenia, friday 30-Jan-15 7
Erin8
Where are you from originally?
Erin8, 16 of October of 2014 at 14:54

I am from Manchester originally went to Newcastle for university, then moved to London for a long time and l now live in Essex. I have been quite home sick lately which is weird after 15 years. I am...

Helenia, monday 20-Oct-14 64
Erin8
Shopping addictions / obsessions
Erin8, 15 of October of 2014 at 16:02

I thought l had 3 pairs of black Topshop Leigh jeggings but l counted today and l actually have 5 pairs -they all look the same. I have light blue and dark blue pairs of Leigh jeans. I am also...

Tizzie, monday 20-Oct-14 32
snow bride
Anyone going straight from ceremony to evening reception?
snow bride, 14 of October of 2014 at 18:48

So in an effort to save some pennies were thinking of having a later ceremony at about 3/4pm and then doing photos / drink reception with canapés. And then diving straight into the evening reception...

HeavyMetalMaiden, thursday 16-Oct-14 12
Pompey
My face hurts
Pompey, 26 of September of 2014 at 11:15

Can I have some sympathy? It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sat at my desk feeling sorry for myself. Netball in face last night - firmest pass EVER. Blood everywhere,...

Erin8, monday 29-Sep-14 19 1
*Mini*
Rightmove top trumps
*Mini*, 7 of July of 2014 at 21:26

Inspired by the competitive cheapness if houses on the budget thread I wondered what the cheapest house in your area is.rules are thus: must be on rightmove must be within a mile of your home pistcode...

Pompey, tuesday 15-Jul-14 100
smilesjp
Juicing
smilesjp, 30 of June of 2014 at 15:08

I started a juice diet today. I've now finished it two hours later. It was disgusting. It doesn't help that my juicer/blender is rubbish and created a horrible lumpy drink. I was mainly doing it as a...

InkedDoll, monday 30-Jun-14 3
AuntieBJ
painkillers *UPDATE*
AuntieBJ, 25 of June of 2014 at 21:41

The doc prescribed me co-codamol for my broken shoulder/osteoarthritis pain and sent me for physio some time back. The physio worked up to a point, but a recent near miss in the car left me with pain...

AuntieBJ, saturday 28-Jun-14 14
ClaireD*
Camping quandary - new tent for the festival?
ClaireD*, 23 of June of 2014 at 00:04

Husband and I will be going to a festival in August. We went last year together (first camping experience together), and it was great. Whilst he is a seasoned festival goer, I'm not and consider...

Erin8, monday 23-Jun-14 9
Erin8
Bathroom advice!
Erin8, 11 of June of 2014 at 15:32

I would love some bathroom hints and advice from you all. Our bathroom is a state! It's a tiny bathroom which the previous lenders installed a corner bath in which takes up 75% of the space in it....

Erin8, thursday 12-Jun-14 12
jen-lou
Gifts
jen-lou, 20 of May of 2014 at 15:47

Hi all, hope Tuesday is being nice to you ? Just looking for some ideas really. My OH and I have been asked to be god parents to out friends little boy when he gets christened in a few months. He will...

jen-lou, wednesday 21-May-14 12
W
am i being selfish?
wedding-maze, 9 of May of 2014 at 11:52

I know this is premature as he hasn't proposed yet (he will soon, but that's another story ?) but am i being selfish? both of us want a small intimate wedding, and i don't want a religious Church...

LuxuriousIvoryStatio, monday 12-May-14 14
bliss_balloons
Lets talk holidays...
bliss_balloons , 8 of May of 2014 at 11:26

So where's everyone planning on going this year? It's miserable outside and we can't afford a holiday this year so feel free to make me jealous with all your holiday plans!

Angel Wings, saturday 10-May-14 52
Rod
Getting to know you....(BT refs but not BT post)
Rod, 8 of May of 2014 at 10:30

So...Otters, new and old...lurkers and active posters...roll up roll up for the getting to know you thread... A lot of us know eachother from our WP days...but with an influx of new faces on Hitched I...

LalaC1988, monday 19-May-14 124
T
Liability insurance for friends to play during reception
Tashyboomboom, 7 of May of 2014 at 15:16

I've just been told that my two friends (who play the violin and the flute) who I've asked to play for an hour during the drinks reception for free as they are amateurs will now have to get liability...

miss_winter14, wednesday 7-May-14 6
WickyWack
Back boilers..
WickyWack, 7 of May of 2014 at 11:07

Does anyone have any experience of these?? We've been to see another house, but it has a 15 year old back boiler and I have absolutely no idea about it! Muchly appreciated x

*Mini*, wednesday 7-May-14 4
U
Outfits for a bestwoman
Uniquebride89, 20 of April of 2014 at 17:47

Hi, I am a bestwoman for my male friend two weeks after my wedding. Current suggestions are a dress with a jacket. Can anyone recommend any good sites?

Uniquebride89, tuesday 22-Apr-14 7
Pittabre
If you are re-doing a bathroom...
Pittabre, 15 of April of 2014 at 14:06

And moving plumbing around - do you def need a plumber to do it or could you do it yourself? I know with electrics you HAVE to have an electrician to do it but wasn't sure about plumbing?

Mrs Monkey, wednesday 16-Apr-14 19
Mrs Bass
Anyone climbed the harbour bridge in Sydney?
Mrs Bass, 24 of March of 2014 at 13:16

It's my BFF's 30th next month and I want to get her something special. Her and her fiance went to Australia a couple of years ago and loved it so they are returning for their honeymoon in September. I...

tayto, friday 28-Mar-14 9

General groups

Hitched article topics