• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

1 of June of 2013

4011days 7hours

Discussions

Mrs Mack
Kids party bags
Mrs Mack, 19 of April of 2012 at 11:14

Following on from a previous similar post, is anyone having little activity packs to keep the kids occupied during the meal, speeches etc? The kids at my FSILs wedding were running about mental, and...

*Funky*, friday 20-Apr-12 17
Chidders
Mass dress flash
Chidders, 14 of March of 2012 at 17:06

Please. We haven't had one of these for ages, pile in and flash us your dress. Model Me

Buy, thursday 26-Oct-23 965 2
HatTrick
How do you cheer yourself up?
HatTrick, 4 of April of 2012 at 18:57

I am feeling thoroughly ***. I am home alone, H is at work til half 9 and I have already eaten two of these: I have just scrimped some dosh together to order some form of takeaway but wasting money...

willumino, thursday 5-Apr-12 40
F
Some make up questions...
Flickerty, 29 of March of 2012 at 21:20

Since deciding to do my own wedding make up, I've been doing some research and tried a fair few products (loving all the foundation samples, they last ages!) and I've decided on... Smashbox primer,...

Juliet Cunnington (M, sunday 1-Apr-12 12
filoftus
Invitations
filoftus, 26 of March of 2012 at 23:25

Hey can someone please advise me on invitation question please I am making the invitations myself, pocketfold, what is the best way to fold them cleanly?! I am going to be printing the inserts, But...

filoftus, wednesday 28-Mar-12 5
V
**Flash** my centrepiece sweets!
Vintage84, 25 of March of 2012 at 22:09

Sorry if the flash is a bit small, I've been putting together my ideas for my centrepiece sweets, we'll have three different sized jars, so three different varieties. I'm drawn towards flying...

sian-tiffany, monday 26-Mar-12 8
Perfection Weddings
sing to fiance on wedding day
Perfection Weddings , 26 of March of 2012 at 11:17

Hi girls, my h2b has been begging me all year to sing to him on our wedding day. ive said no all along but am feeling bad about it because he really wants me too. 1. i get stage fright 2. i can sing...

Helenia, monday 26-Mar-12 26
xMissyLoux
Teeth Whitening Advice
xMissyLoux, 24 of March of 2012 at 11:18

Has anyone tried any form of teeth whitening before and was it successful or unsuccessful? I'm interested in hearing about any type of teeth whitening but in particular has anyone tried any home...

ExpensiveIvoryFlower, thursday 1-Feb-18 16
Kadence
Some more bits sorted! *flash*
Kadence, 24 of March of 2012 at 12:05

Bit by bit I'm ticking more off my to do list! Bridesmaid shoes and hair comb to go with their black dresses - Chair covers/sashes Post box for cards

willumino, sunday 25-Mar-12 15
50's pin up bride
Updated hair flashes!
50's pin up bride, 23 of March of 2012 at 20:48

My dress is just below knee length, 50's style with a modern twist, cross-over neckline and wide shoulder straps. I originally planned on a beehive style up-do, but I've been trying on my veil tonight...

miniloopie, tuesday 3-Apr-12 10
Going2theChapel
Need some input.. wedding invitation
Going2theChapel, 24 of March of 2012 at 17:39

A little background. I decided to have a play around with our invites. With a year to go, plenty of time to experiment and get something we are BOTH happy with. We dont have a lot to spend on...

Going2theChapel, saturday 24-Mar-12 7
mrsgreatbatch2b
Help. Losing patience and will to live.
mrsgreatbatch2b, 24 of March of 2012 at 13:40

I'm so stuck right now. I wanted a vintage/country garden theme wedding. My bridesmaid dress is vintage green, my bouquet has dusty pink and cream roses in it with minimal green. My dress is a the...

schiocco, tuesday 3-Apr-12 11
teapotty
Creative ideas needed!
teapotty, 21 of March of 2012 at 16:12

I was thinking that instead of buying my BMs shoes, paying for makeup etc I might give them some money and they can put it towards whatever they wish. I want to ask them to wear the same colour shoe...

willumino, wednesday 21-Mar-12 2
lady_lyla
My AWESOME wedding shoes
lady_lyla, 21 of March of 2012 at 12:05

So, after lots of debating about dresses I think I've decided to go for a shorter dress.... (I wanted short 50's as it's more my style but my Mum said she'd always dreamed of me in a long wedding...

Peppr Potts, thursday 22-Mar-12 25
Barefoot
For my next challenge - shoes! Low, block heel needed- UPDATE :)
Barefoot, 17 of March of 2012 at 18:44

Today is a planning day, hence loads of questions. I had wanted to ask you all about this for a while but we went to the wedding show at the NEC today and I hoped I'd find sthg. I am looking for the...

Barefoot, wednesday 28-Mar-12 13
Barefoot
Invitation wording dilemma
Barefoot, 17 of March of 2012 at 17:02

Hi there, hope someone can help. We're marrying abroad, then have a UK reception. It's in a village hall, but the hall is actually like a mini stately home from the outside and the inside has the main...

Barefoot, saturday 17-Mar-12 11
gemma.iles
Unusual place cards - please help!
gemma.iles, 15 of August of 2009 at 11:30

We are getting married in October and are starting to think about decoration of our venue and how the tables will look. One thing we can't figure out is how to to our place cards. We want to do...

debs35, saturday 17-Mar-12 15
moonpie1985
How much will my hair grow in 15 weeks?
moonpie1985, 17 of March of 2012 at 16:08

I currently have very straight hair down to just past my shoulders. I usually have my hair very short and have been growing it since getting engaged hoping for long hair on my wedding day. I am...

BatsGirl, tuesday 20-Mar-12 5
willumino
Anyone on Pinterest?
willumino, 17 of March of 2012 at 00:59

I have been on the waiting list for ages and read online today that if someone invites you personally you can sign up straight away? I want to use it to bring some order to my expansive but very...

tybalt, sunday 15-Apr-12 28
willumino
Does anyone know where this dress is from?
willumino, 16 of March of 2012 at 16:04

Saw this dress on the cover of Brides magazine and love the detailing on the shoulders, but can't find where it's from anywhere. Have done a google picture search but no joy so thought I'd see if any...

willumino, friday 16-Mar-12 4
AllyMcBear
Mr & Mrs (or similar) beach towels
AllyMcBear, 16 of March of 2012 at 23:45

The OH and I would like some towels for when we go on honeymoon. We are not bothered if it says Mr & Mrs or Bride & Groom. I have looked on e-bay and found some great ones from the States but...

BlossomJ, friday 16-Mar-12 3
teapotty
I think I have found my wedding hairstyle....
teapotty, 16 of March of 2012 at 16:32

westlakedesignsbasic, wednesday 21-Mar-12 8
B
Wedding blogs that AREN'T vintage/shabby chic?
BigRedCandle, 16 of March of 2012 at 19:21

Recommend me some wedding blogs please! Having trouble finding many that aren't filled with vintage/shabby chic stuff.

Kath @ JohnCharltonP, saturday 17-Mar-12 5
venart
The on-going saga of the perfect dress **flash**
venart, 15 of March of 2012 at 23:04

Following on from last week's post about the sub-par lace sourced my my ex-dressmaker and my decision to buy a cheap off the peg dress and have something made to go over it, I think I may have found...

venart, saturday 17-Mar-12 21
L
Out of town bridal boutique - good idea or not?
lucilledd, 14 of March of 2012 at 22:18

Hi All I'm a bride-to-be (July!) and have really been infected with the wedding bug so I'm looking to open a bridal boutique! I'm in the process of trying to buy one in a town centre near me but I'm...

kharv, saturday 17-Mar-12 16
J
Sun bed or fake?
Jlo84, 15 of March of 2012 at 10:08

Hi all, I have just over 10 weeks to go so I am now looking in to tanning. I am not a fan of fake tan and a lot of them don't react very well with me so I am thinking of the sun bed route. I know they...

Hawk, saturday 17-Mar-12 50
S
Help needed!! Trying to find bridesmaid dresses...
sazzle82, 12 of March of 2012 at 21:49

Hi All, Hope you can help... I am having 3x bridesmaids (1x size 20, 1x size 12 and a 16 year old) I'm struggling to find dresses in Midnight blue that would suit all three and not cost the earth. Any...

Bride123, tuesday 13-Mar-12 8
Mrs*W*2B
Who went with you dress shopping?
Mrs*W*2B, 12 of March of 2012 at 21:09

Hi Ladies, I am not dress shopping until jan next year, we are still in the very early stages of planning, still no venue (even though we have viewed about 12/13!!) I have told OH's sister and my...

venart, tuesday 13-Mar-12 29
JayneyB
I chose my Dress!!!! Finally!
JayneyB, 12 of March of 2012 at 20:21

Well, after looking since August, trying 45 dresses in 9 shops I chose my dress on Saturday, I took my Mum, Sister, Dad and niece with me and I am elated!! I keep looking at the pictures and I'm still...

sugarbox, tuesday 13-Mar-12 11
willumino
Help! How to flash.
willumino, 12 of March of 2012 at 17:46

I feel like I am being particularly useless but I cannot for the life of me work out how to flash... Anyone got any handy hints or a link to something that will help me? I can't find a how to...

BumbleBrat, monday 12-Mar-12 3

General groups

Hitched article topics