• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

12 of April of 2014

3686days 2hours

Discussions

S
Barcelona wedding
sarah1243, 21 of August of 2015 at 19:38

Hello anyone getting or got married in Barcelona? My fiance and I got engaged here and fell in love with the city. Looking to maybe go over with a small group of family and friends. Any advice on...

**Claire**, sunday 23-Aug-15 5
laurafish
Help with my groom!
laurafish, 6 of August of 2015 at 12:08

Hey guys, Hoping to get some advice on a bit of a demanding groom. My OH seems very set on all of his grooms party (2 dads, 2 best men and 2 - possibly 3 - ushers) looking exactly the same. I am a lot...

Steepdene, monday 17-Aug-15 14
O
E-invitations
October2016wedding, 16 of August of 2015 at 19:20

Hi, I am looking for any recommendations on the best websites for e-invitations. I have printed invitations for day guests, but as we don't know everyone's address for the evening guests we wanted to...

**Claire**, sunday 16-Aug-15
G
Church scaffolding a week before my wedding :-(
GoldenIvory2015, 15 of August of 2015 at 19:07

Oh my goodness... Our wedding is next Sunday, we got an email from Our Vicar yesterday telling us not to panic when we see the church but they've had some scaffolding put up. More than she had...

BBC2B, thursday 20-Aug-15 16
J
Hen do bridesmaid advice- update
jesikab4u, 15 of August of 2015 at 21:20

Edit** I've just cancelled the whole thing! After a year of it being booked I've just decided to lose £200 and have something a little more local. Back to the drawing board! ** Hey guys just wanted...

Ash953, sunday 16-Aug-15 7
S
Bar for a Garden Wedding
SunnyYellowDecor411, 14 of August of 2015 at 14:56

Hi We having a reception in the garden of my parents to try and save some money! With this in mind we have been thinking about not making our Bar free as this will cost us a fortune (our friends are...

Ash953, sunday 16-Aug-15 16
B
Having my first wedding planning wobble (venues!)
BBC2B, 10 of August of 2015 at 14:12

Afternoon all Just thought i'd pop a little message here as I hope someone else has been in the same situation! We have just provisionally booked our venue for next winter, but I am now having serious...

**Claire**, thursday 13-Aug-15 16
S
How did you/will you choose?
Steepdene, 6 of August of 2015 at 21:29

I saw on a website somewhere that sugared almonds are the traditional choice for favours, So I decided that we'll have sugared almonds for ours, well we're having a sweet table now, but that's another...

misslynx, monday 10-Aug-15 13
Daisy Bell
Married name email address - help me decide (PP)
Daisy Bell, 4 of August of 2015 at 16:28

I know this topic is probably a bit pointless and some may roll their eyes (like my OH, ahem) but it has been on my mind quite a bit, and I have less than three weeks now till the wedding so it might...

Jayne E, friday 7-Aug-15 20
F
Food logistics
FutureMrsMarshall, 23 of July of 2015 at 15:18

Probably getting lost in details way too early... but I'm wondering how everyone arranged for any DIY food to be served? We're thinking of having a hog roast done by a caterer, but then have a desert...

InkedDoll, tuesday 28-Jul-15 3
M
Guest Transport & Church choice
Moonbeam88, 23 of July of 2015 at 15:50

We have the choice of marrying at one of two churches local to our venue. one is at the end of the drive, (a 5 minute walk), the other is 2 miles away (a 6 minute drive) I am so undecided which to...

Karen84, friday 24-Jul-15 4
M
Name change headache
mkw, 23 of July of 2015 at 15:16

I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to be doing with my name once I get married yet, but I know I will be incorporating OH's surname into my name somewhere. However, the logistics seem to be...

Scottish_Sarah, saturday 25-Jul-15 9
I
Feeling a bit deflated - BMs
imabusybee, 21 of July of 2015 at 22:34

Hello everyone Getting married in Jan 2016, aside from a bridesmaids lunch I haven't had my BMs together & we're in the process of sorting dresses via online orders & whatsapp. I have 1 BM...

Justkeepswimming, thursday 23-Jul-15 7
missmoore
Am I missing something?!
missmoore, 5 of March of 2015 at 12:28

Hi everyone, We are getting married on the 16th December this year and feel so 'relaxed' about everything when I'm sure I shouldn't be. Pretty sure we just have missed something right? We've got our...

**Claire**, saturday 7-Mar-15 6
H
New wedding arrangement idea...
HeavyMetalMaiden, 29 of December of 2014 at 11:23

Ok, I am on a mission to make the day simpler and cheaper at the mo! Basically, I am thinking that we have our ceremony at our original venue, everyone spends a good couple hours there witnessing our...

HeavyMetalMaiden, wednesday 31-Dec-14 23
T
wedding website - with RSVP
trewsie, 23 of December of 2014 at 16:26

Hi, I know the wedding website question has been asked many times before but I am looking for a website that the guests can RSVP on but also add their menu choices. I got most of the way through doing...

Little_MrsA2B, wednesday 24-Dec-14 10
miaajane
Save the Dates - Advice Please.
miaajane, 18 of December of 2014 at 13:37

Hello Everybody Me and my fiance are getting married on 11th September 2016. It feels like ages away :'( I am really excited and want to send out "Save the Date" cards. 1 question; 1. Whens the best...

rambosmum, sunday 21-Dec-14 12
L
Australian planning on marrying in UK
livingthedream, 15 of December of 2014 at 03:01

Looking for information on visas. I plan on marrying my girl who lives here in the UK. Im Australian and currently on a tier 5 youth mobility visa which expires DEC 2015. Do I need to apply for...

yorkshirekiwi, monday 15-Dec-14 3
S
Cold feet about our plans- need advice!
Sums2b, 11 of December of 2014 at 19:00

I am having a big stress about all our plans and am not sure if we are going about things in the right way! Our situation is quite complicated- I have been married before and my family are very, very...

**Claire**, saturday 13-Dec-14 7
MrsCWB
Anyone else get weirded out?
MrsCWB, 29 of October of 2014 at 08:23

My wedding was amazing, totally perfect, I loved every second of it. Next day, I suddenly realised my name was changed and I felt like I was a different person that I just didn't know. I totally...

ah123, sunday 3-May-15 21
soraneko
Christmas brides
soraneko, 6 of December of 2014 at 12:36

First of all, please let me just say there is no judgement in here, just curiosity (I get this misinterpreted a LOT and I know emotions can run high on this forum!) I just got an e-mail from one of my...

soraneko, tuesday 9-Dec-14 17
Cache13
What are you going to do the day after?
Cache13, 3 of December of 2014 at 20:34

We get married on a Saturday and fly out the Monday morning about 6am for our honeymoon in Indonesia. what do you do the day after that isn't such a bump back to reality? We have exclusive use of the...

Elizabeth806, friday 5-Dec-14 21
J
Oh nooo, friend dilemma!!
JLLS, 27 of November of 2014 at 23:32

Oh now I feel bad! Just given an invitation to a friend who I've known since I was about 3 who is currently invited to the evening but is on our reserve list. I was completely upfront with her about...

Chloepumpkin, sunday 30-Nov-14 3
L
Don't tell the bride - ponderings!
Little_MrsA2B, 28 of November of 2014 at 14:45

I am only in the very early planning stages as we only recently got engaged, so I may be entirely clueless and wrong, BUT... Now I'm starting to wonder.... How 'real' is DTTB? For instance, now I am...

Helenosaurus, friday 28-Nov-14 9
km329
Invertation Help needed...
km329, 20 of November of 2014 at 12:23

Im trying to find invertations at the moment and am struggleing. i like the idea of pocketfolds with different cards/sections but to have them made the way I want it's going to cost a fortune! Ive...

km329, thursday 27-Nov-14 13
Paul & Dawn
Dress
Paul & Dawn, 23 of November of 2014 at 09:05

Hi All, A little bit of background... I have been dress shopping on and off since June, been to about 5-6 shops and started off not being able to tell the difference between styles/colours to knowing...

jen-lou, sunday 30-Nov-14 20
Chucklevision
what a fiasco!
Chucklevision, 22 of November of 2014 at 21:09

Silly ninny that am I only locked myself out the house putting the rubbish out, wearing the OH's trainers & looking like a right state- No phone no nothing. OH had gone to London. Had to impose...

SillyWrong, wednesday 26-Nov-14 10
G
Bespoke wedding ring .. help please!
GCL2015, 14 of November of 2014 at 13:50

I was browsing for my wedding ring yesterday, and had intended to just buy a wedding band from a high street jewellers. However, I was told by the shops I was looking in that I wont be able to find a...

**Claire**, tuesday 18-Nov-14 17
Cache13
Getting ready in the morning for a 1.30pm ceremony - Those married and photographer advice welcome
Cache13, 18 of November of 2014 at 21:43

What time would you start hair and makeup? we get access to our venue at 9am (Ceremony and reception at same location) and we need to do some setting up. I have 5 adult bridesmaids so plenty of hands...

Scottish_Sarah, sunday 23-Nov-14 21
amihohu
More House Questions!
amihohu, 16 of November of 2014 at 13:27

Hey all, We are on our first time buyer house hunt. We saw one yesterday, which was a great size. The main downsides for us were that it was near quite a busy road. The actual road it's on is a...

Mrs C, friday 21-Nov-14 10
M
Don't want to upset my bm but her dress isn't going to fit!
MrsB2015, 11 of November of 2014 at 18:26

When I ordered my dresses 1 bm asked for a smaller dress as she wanted to loose weight. The problem is the girl in question is a bit unrealistic in what her actual size is. I'm having a girlie night...

MrsB88, tuesday 11-Nov-14 7
S
Online Slideshow of Wedding Photos/Selling them
soontobemrsmoseley, 23 of October of 2014 at 16:42

This is a bit complicated, so I'll start slowly - Our photographer has given us our photos on a USB drive, as well as given us the copyright - which is really useful! We have been toying with the idea...

Wayne La, thursday 13-Nov-14 2

General groups

Hitched article topics