• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

26 of July of 2014

3583days 11hours

Discussions

Childhood-Sweet<3
So I'm Married!!! *flash*
Childhood-Sweet<3, 15 of July of 2014 at 11:46

Well we had the most wonderful day on 5th July (also hope my date twins did too!) Here are a few little flashes from our friends as we don't have any pro ones yet! EDIT - Photos removed ...

SecretlyEloped, thursday 17-Jul-14 29
emabee
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! VENUE NIGHTMARE! UPDATED - new venue booked!
emabee, 14 of July of 2014 at 16:38

So, with 6 weeks today until our wedding, our venue have just emailed me to say that there is scaffolding going up all over the building which will remain there for our wedding day. The venue has...

MrsDJG, monday 21-Jul-14 93
C
Flower girl and page boy gifts?
caromb, 10 of July of 2014 at 14:11

Please can someone can give me some inspiration for my little ones? Both aged 2 and a half... I have made up some favour/boredom bags for the small guests (girls - fairy tutu, wings, wand, activity...

caromb, friday 11-Jul-14 6
P
Still having dress wobbles - Please help me
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 1 of July of 2014 at 13:58

I love my dress, I love my dress on me, and I have posted before about this and got lots reassurances but I am just not sure the dress meets what people will expect me to wear nor the low key wedding...

I-go-by-many-names, thursday 3-Jul-14 19
MrsGreen-27/9/14
crying cos we can't afford a tog- why are you SO expensive?
MrsGreen-27/9/14, 3 of July of 2014 at 12:08

I'm in floods of tears cos the apparent 'normal' cost of a photographer is £400 for a few poxy group photos after the ceremony. WHY????!!!!!!!!! I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!! OH (and me for that matter)...

hallowedding, wednesday 10-Sep-14 43
D
Fake tan for wedding day- opinions/experiences pls!
Daisycat12, 2 of June of 2014 at 22:33

I'm thinking of having a fake tan for my wedidng day, as I'm quite pale and would like a bit of a glow. What are other people doing? Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'm just worried about it...

Paranoid_Pixie_:), tuesday 17-Jun-14 22
k.j.w
Sweet buffet & favours
k.j.w, 10 of June of 2014 at 22:00

Hey everyone. Just starting to think about a budget for our wedding and we want to do a sweet buffet.... Did those of you who had/having one have favours as well or did your favours incorporate the...

k.j.w, tuesday 17-Jun-14 17
lovelaurajane
just had the money conversation!!
lovelaurajane, 12 of June of 2014 at 13:27

...with the bridesmaids that is! I know its quite normal practice for bridesmaids to pay for their own dress these days, but my goodness I felt awkward!! We have offered to pay for their hotel the...

Hoddy, saturday 14-Jun-14 10
.A.S.
second dress madness
.A.S., 10 of June of 2014 at 13:23

Just went mad and bought this dress on ebay for £150 BNWT... It's a mark Lesley, as is my main dress but a tenth of the price!!! All this hot weather got me so nervous about dancing and sweating and...

MRS RB, friday 13-Jun-14 8
M
Affordable bridesmaid dresses without the horror stories
missmoody, 5 of June of 2014 at 20:07

Hello, I'm not sure if anyone is having the same issue as me, but i decided to have my 5 best friends as bridesmaids! so now i am fretting about how i'm going to be able to afford to dress them for...

missmoody, tuesday 10-Jun-14 19
Lizzywills
HOW much for the children's meal?!?
Lizzywills, 2 of June of 2014 at 23:25

I'm in shock. Have just had email from venue confirming that children between 3-11 can have a children's meal ie sausage and mash for half the cost of adult meal. That means it's going to be £22 for...

TreacleTart, wednesday 4-Jun-14 25
Kate22
Best men!! Rant sorry!
Kate22, 22 of May of 2014 at 16:09

The OH goes on his stag in 4 weeks. Hi brother and best friend are the best men and not one of them have sorted anything!! I had to find the hotels for them and then ended up booking them! I feel so...

becca030713, friday 23-May-14 6
W
Shocked at prices
wedding-maze, 21 of May of 2014 at 17:42

OMG i can't believe the prices of things for weddings! think i must be looking in the wrong places. professional photographers most start with a price of £750, cakes start over £250, DJ's aren't cheap...

Bruce Neville Photog, thursday 22-May-14 27
O
Honeymoon cancelled.
owlalice, 18 of May of 2014 at 09:19

After ages finding our honeymoon with the right mix of adventure and relaxation, Thompson have cancelled our honeymoon to Kenya because of the terrorism Does anyone have any advice about where to go?...

Pompey, tuesday 20-May-14 7
AmyandRoss
Help with hair.... No idea what to do with it and my hairdresser wasn't overly helpful yesterday either. Flash included.
AmyandRoss, 16 of May of 2014 at 11:35

I cannot find anything nice to do with my hair for the big day. All I seem to stumble across online for long hair is half up, half down with curls. It looks lovely (for anyone that is having that) but...

BeccaM2b83, friday 16-May-14 8
P
Unusual wedding guests suprise for H2B
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 13 of May of 2014 at 15:38

Hello all H2B is a massive superhero fan and although the wedding is suprisingly un superhero themed, I wanted to, as a suprise maybe have a few special guest appearances from superhero's I thought it...

Bruce Neville Photog, tuesday 13-May-14 4
Nyssa82
Wedding Presents/Money/Vouchers??
Nyssa82, 13 of May of 2014 at 10:20

Hi I'm in the process of getting my invites done and my partner is adamant he does not want to include anything about presents or money etc. He doesn't like it when people put a poem in asking for...

Nyssa82, tuesday 13-May-14 10
P
Cake topper recommendations
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 2 of May of 2014 at 11:03

Hello I am looking for someone that can make a cake topper with The Flash superhero as the groom Thanks

MrsDaysh2b, monday 5-May-14 5 1,625
ClaireD*
What are you doing the day BEFORE the wedding?
ClaireD*, 28 of April of 2014 at 20:35

I ask because I am in a slight panic. I've added up some numbers, and realised that I've told more than 15 people to 'drop by' for a drink or whatever, the day before. Eeeeekkkk! I probably shouldn't...

goofycat, tuesday 29-Apr-14 31
AuntieBJ
step-kids
AuntieBJ, 27 of April of 2014 at 19:15

Some of you will remember that last week I posted about OH's son saying he didn't think he wanted to come to the wedding. OH's other son has now said the same thing. This one says its because his dad...

Suzie88, tuesday 29-Apr-14 31
icklesal
Groomsmen cufflinks ideas
icklesal, 27 of April of 2014 at 11:18

So my h2b is having a real stress over cufflinks for his groomsmen (bless him!), he doesn't want matching ones but he wants a theme. For example he was thinking of footie teams but then he realised...

mariannechuaphotogra, tuesday 29-Apr-14 12
P
Drink vouchers for day guests
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 27 of April of 2014 at 18:29

Hello all A bit of advice, we are not having drink packages, because I didn't like any of them Anyway, the venue has agreed to open the bar and we are creating 2x drink vouchers for each person. I...

alabastamasta, monday 28-Apr-14 9
M
DIY wedding favours *flash*
maybeachbride, 27 of April of 2014 at 18:51

Hello, 4 and half weeks to the big day :-) I have finally started making my wedding favours. Here's a flash of half way through :-) Just need to decide what to print on the scrolls and name tags to...

maybeachbride, sunday 27-Apr-14 2
SoftKitty
Budget wedding tips?
SoftKitty, 24 of April of 2014 at 19:31

We're having to pay for our wedding ourselves, and neither of us has a huge amount of money, so we're (if we're lucky) looking at a budget of around £2,500. Any tips/hints will be much appreciated....

mariannechuaphotogra, monday 28-Apr-14 41
P
Budget Wedding Decor - Anyone used them?
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 22 of April of 2014 at 15:19

Hi all Has anyone used Budget Wedding Decor for seat cover and sash hire? How was it? They are very cheap and a google search doesn't bring up any reviews at all. Thanks

Paranoid_Pixie_:), sunday 27-Apr-14
M
Wow I'm really sad! ( not upset sad)
Mrslizziew2be, 27 of April of 2014 at 17:58

My MIL to be has the best printer out of everyone I know, so today on the way back from a 5 hour food shop ( yes I'm now brain dead) we stopped by to collect it! Iv never been more excited to have a...

Mrslizziew2be, sunday 27-Apr-14 2
P
3 months to go flashes :)
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 25 of April of 2014 at 12:20

Venue Bridesmaid dresses Cake Centrepiece Eeeeek!! so exciting

miss pickle, friday 25-Apr-14 6
P
Readings - please help
Paranoid_Pixie_:), 24 of April of 2014 at 15:31

Hello all Can anyone help with readings? My daughter and maybe my son (he is still deciding) are doing a reading for the wedding (non religious) we are going to be a blended family, but my partner is...

CrazyRatLady, friday 25-Apr-14 3

General groups

Hitched article topics