• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

5 of September of 2015

3175days 8hours

Discussions

Shelly70
How Many Days Off Before the Wedding?
Shelly70, 25 of September of 2015 at 13:46

I'm starting to plan my holiday from work and just wondering how many days off before the wedding people are taking off. I was thinking of just taking the one day off before but not sure if I need a...

nancyh, tuesday 29-Sep-15 24
M
OMs! What did you do with all of your wedding stuff?!
Milly_Bride, 13 of September of 2015 at 11:41

Hello! I got married on 5th September, and currently have a house full of wedding stuff! We did a lot of DIY decorations, so as well as wedding cards we have reams of paper bunting, candle holders,...

InkedDoll, monday 14-Sep-15 5
daisymoo86
OT introductions
daisymoo86, 8 of September of 2015 at 12:35

Hi All I've just posted a thread over on WP to try and get more brides (and grooms) to wander over here. In the hope that it may be successful I thought I would start an OT getting to know you thread....

LittleMissPanda, tuesday 15-Sep-15 45
C
How have you personalised your wedding? Flashes welcome!
Cat D, 7 of September of 2015 at 01:24

Hi all, It's getting closer and closer to my wedding now (less than 8 weeks) and I am now looking for those personal touches that make a wedding unique but that keep within your chosen theme. Any...

KinkyBride, sunday 13-Sep-15 14
Soon2b_MrsJohnson2016
Small initmate wedding venues
Soon2b_MrsJohnson2016, 8 of September of 2015 at 20:08

My partner and I have decided to have a small intimate wedding for many different reasons. We just want it to be us and our children and possibly our immediate family. Does anyone know of any venues...

Soon2b_MrsJohnson201, wednesday 9-Sep-15 8
zoe@hitched
What music did you/will you have at your wedding ceremony
zoe@hitched, 4 of September of 2015 at 11:53

Hi and happy Friday! I'm working on a piece to inspire couples choosing their wedding ceremony music. If you could let me know what music you had or are planning to have at your ceremony, I'd love to...

MagicEdit-Videos, sunday 4-Oct-15 34
M
We are now married *flash*
MrsEdisToBe, 6 of September of 2015 at 21:20

Well I am currently sat enjoying a nice glass of wine on our first evening in as a married couple! Had an absolutely amazing day and we are both really happy! Will try and write a report when I get...

AKWedding, tuesday 8-Sep-15 13
mustard_mitt
September 2015 brides
mustard_mitt, 9 of June of 2014 at 14:25

I know there's a few of us getting hitched in September 2015, so this thread is for us! We're getting married on 12th September at a gorgeous country venue in Warwickshire. So far we have the venue,...

Sevenyearhitched, wednesday 30-Sep-15 287
M
Bar crisis!
Milly_Bride, 2 of September of 2015 at 21:10

So we're getting married in 3 days... and the bar company we have hired have just informed us that they rang the council to check on the status of the Temporary Events Notice application and were told...

Mrslh2b, friday 4-Sep-15 10
M
Marquee is ready eeekkkk*flash*
MrsEdisToBe, 4 of September of 2015 at 07:39

Yesterday was spent decorating the marquee and I think we are now ready to go! Eeekkk!! i am getting my nails done this morning and then back to the venue to decorate the hall (as we don't get access...

MrsEdisToBe, friday 4-Sep-15 4
J
Do I need chair covers?
jellybeanbride , 3 of September of 2015 at 19:00

Hello, I'm not a huge fan of the usual chair white covers and sashes particularly but will get them if necessary. Do you think I need them? The pics below are of the chairs which I found although this...

Daisy Bell, friday 4-Sep-15 10
S
Small 2+2 legal ceremony - what to do afterwards?
soggyPringle, 2 of September of 2015 at 18:48

Hi all! I'm new to the site We gave notice to get married on 29th Jan 2016 yesterday! Yah! we are having a simple 2+2 legal ceremony as we don't want a big fuss, the thing is we get married at 9.15am...

Jayne E, thursday 3-Sep-15 3
R
Miss, Mrs or Ms???
RomanticEmeralds, 26 of August of 2015 at 00:46

I think I have pretty much decided not to change my name (but won't be offended if I am referred to as Mrs OH name). My question is this, with regards to my title will I remain Miss or become Mrs? I'm...

SunnyPinkConfetti310, friday 28-Aug-15 26
MrsPowellToBe
A few questions for past brides and bride to be's...
MrsPowellToBe, 22 of August of 2015 at 10:26

Hi all, I have that issue where I have lots and lots of questions I was wondering if anyone could answer, but obviously I don't want to start multiple threads so hope it's ok if I put them into one...

nic-90, sunday 30-Aug-15 15
M
Essential group shots for photographer?
Milly_Bride, 25 of August of 2015 at 18:51

Hi all! We're in the final stages now (11 days to go woo!) and need to send a list of group shots we want to our photographer. I don't want to send some huge list that will take hours to achieve as a)...

Vicki2015, friday 28-Aug-15 8
DovahQueen
Asking Bridesmaids?
DovahQueen, 8 of June of 2014 at 17:09

I'm just wondering how other people asks friends to be bridesmaids? I'm out of ideas and wondering if anyone did anything unique/special?

Nims, wednesday 19-Aug-15 26
L
Think my MoH is upset with me... Hen Do this weekend
LuxuriousRed285, 17 of August of 2015 at 14:42

I'm unsure, she sent me an email after a booked a table for lunch on our weekend away saying she felt like a rubbish MoH and that she hasn't done anything. I've organised my hen you see, and of course...

I-go-by-many-names, tuesday 18-Aug-15 5
A
Guilt over not inviting cousins I haven't seen in years...
abi3009, 11 of August of 2015 at 11:49

Hi there... my fiancé and I have only recently got engaged, but are looking at getting married June next year... I've already upset my mum as we don't want to get married in the village church where I...

pink & glitz, wednesday 12-Aug-15 14
Nims
*Wedding Report!* Best. Day. Everrrrrrr
Nims, 9 of August of 2015 at 10:05

Karen84, friday 21-Aug-15 28
Justkeepswimming
Overwhelming! Behind? Normal?
Justkeepswimming, 9 of August of 2015 at 03:30

We have finally chosen a venue and a date (July 2016). Just waiting for confirmation that we can get the time off work and the registrar is free before we pay our deposit and secure the venue. But I'm...

Justkeepswimming, tuesday 11-Aug-15 16
S
Reading
SH2bSM, 6 of August of 2015 at 21:02

I'm sure there have been hundreds of these threads, but we are looking for one non-religious, 'quite fun' reading for our civil ceremony. We are both quite 'booky' but we dont want anything too heavy....

SH2bSM, friday 7-Aug-15 2
S
Who pays for the Hen?
Sondy, 6 of August of 2015 at 17:00

Hello! I'm pretty clueless over here having never been to anybody's hen do. My friends are located in opposite ends of the country so I'm going to end up having two hen dos - one in the north and one...

Fleur88, friday 7-Aug-15 12
B
Anxious Groom-to-be??
becki5328, 5 of August of 2015 at 16:37

Hi All, This is my first post, so please do bear with me if this has already been covered in another thread somewhere. I'm after a little bit of advice. My fiancé (still not quite used to that)...

Pooba, friday 7-Aug-15 8
D
Help Please x Wedding venue needed for less than 20 people, UK or abroad x
djfrost, 5 of August of 2015 at 15:59

❤️ Hi All Please can you help me, I am looking for a wedding venue for less than 20 guests, I still want it to be beautiful and special, as I am flying out my immediate family from NZ - but I have...

djfrost, thursday 6-Aug-15 17
M
Feeling low
MrsSDtobe, 4 of August of 2015 at 11:46

Hey, this is a bit of a vent, I'm feeling quite low at the moment, not sure how to get myself out of it. I seem to have lost motivation for sorting anything out. My hen do plans seem to have gone down...

BubbleBees, friday 7-Aug-15 16
L
Do you pick your H2Bs suit together?
Little_MrsA2B, 2 of August of 2015 at 11:26

Hi Hitchers! Just wondering if people normally pick the groom's suit together or whether you just leave them to it? I said we should do it together but he says it's the same ad my dress (!), that he...

MrsV-wasMissB, monday 3-Aug-15 18
K
Feel like I should be doing things...
KatyC2, 1 of August of 2015 at 15:29

Hi sorry this is my first post apologies if there are loads like this. My boyfriend and I got engaged in March. We've booked our venue for May 2017 and picked the bridal party..... aaaand that's about...

Danteborderterrier, saturday 1-Aug-15 3
M
Three days to go am i missing something?
Mrsmalpass, 31 of July of 2015 at 08:34

Well we have as the title says three days until the wedding, i am currently suffering a head cold and hoping it shifts by tues! I feel really weird about everything... Aren't you supposed to be...

HelenSomerset, friday 31-Jul-15 3
H
How much is too much £
HEAL2016, 28 of July of 2015 at 19:41

Hi, I've just been quoted £2,500 for a band for the reception, this is tI set up at 5pm but would take 90 minutes to set up & sound check so wouldn't start until 6.30. It does include a DJ...

BrideMMD, wednesday 29-Jul-15 14

General groups

Hitched article topics