Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

1st Anniversary gift ideas?

14 of February of 2012 at 16:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 19

Claire_lou has just got me thinking about my 1st anniversary.

Those that are recently married or have already has a 1st anniversary, what are you doing/did you do/what gifts did you buy eachother etc?

I have until August but dont want to do my usual and run around trying to sort something the day before.

Any ideas welcome!

19 replies

Latest activity by Ethan, 26 of June of 2024 at 18:51
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

TRADITIONALLY, isnt it paper to celebrate the first anniversary? If so, how about concert/theatre tickets?!?!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

On the paper theme...

I am making Mr C a paper cut out in a floating frame (a la Paper Panda but a fraction of the cost!) just need to decide on the words!!

I am also writing a traditional love letter on nice paper type stuffs.

I thought about a FYEO type shoot and giving him the photos but alas was too pricey...

Oh an a card!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest something paper too, some sort of tickets is a fab idea Flow.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I'm giving the Mr Moo the Beautiful Groom journal that I was meant to finish and give him on our wedding day before I lost it. It has since turned up..

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Oooo shall be watching this one with interest ours is in a couple of weeks. I know OH is getting me tickets (his ability to keep a secret is worse than c**p). I too was thinking about a traditional love letter. Was thinking of possibly getting the words to our first dance printed up large and in a contemporary style to frame - but not entirely sure how to go about it.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Ours is in April but we have visitors galore here this month and next, then we go to Koh Samui on our honeymoon over Easter so I had to get it sorted now.

As it's paper, I have started to pull together a scrap book of our first year in pictures. We've had such an eventful year that I have lots to put in it which means it is taking ages! I've also had Hs favourite wedding photo put on to a large canvas. I've booked a meal out at our favourite restaurant here at the end of March so that my parents will be able to babysit E for us. Our actual anniversary is on a Sunday which is a working day here so I guess I'll be spending it alone with E!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I pinched this idea from someone, possibly Rachel, I have made a photobook online of our first year in pictures, so hopefully il be able to keep it up evey year and will be great to look back on

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheeky! Yep, think we discussed on BT when I was stuck for ideas! I love the idea and sure our Hs will too.

• W
    Beginner February 2013
    wodanbrlam ·
    • Hide content

I was meant to finish and give him on our wedding day, Just had a quick look and I could get flights to Edinburgh and 2 nights hotel

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I've been wracking my brains over this one! i think i'm going to get him a personalised loo roll! h always jokes that his toilet time is his quiet time, and in the best mans speech at our wedding there was a whole slide (the speech was powerpoint) about how he loves the toilet.

gosh, everyone else is doing these lovely sentimental gifts and i'm giving my man sh1t tickets!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a brilliant idea! I wish I'd thought of that last year!

You should definitely do it SR.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gifts/shop-by-occasion/anniversary?filter[subcategories][]=1st-anniversary-paper&page=1

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wh

i wonder if i've left it late to get one made? anniversary is in 10 days! either that or i'll be spending my day off unravelling a loo roll and writing on it!

could do with the assistance of that andrex puppy!

• L
    LuxuriousPurpleConfetti73298 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I was looking for a birthday present for my boyfriend to be very original and inexpensive. Imagine that I found something like this under 10 British Pounds. You can have as a gift a real internet domain! You get a certificate with a tailored domain according your own suggestions (already paid for one year and on the certificate it is written that this domain is a gift from whom and for whom and for what reason (eg. their proposition was “stevemy.space” as for me ;-)) but it may be due to graduation or your first date ;-)) or anything). You can see for yourself - Here

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    SunnyRedCakes84523 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, definitely some paper works will do. i gave my husband a scrapbook for our anniversary and he gave me a ticket to attend some classical music concert with him ❤️

• H
    HappyRedDiamonds12919 ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on your day.

With regards a 1st anniversary gift idea i would certainly recommend Cordelia's House Of Treasures. They are an online gift shop that sells presents from British brands and artisans. They have a lovely selection as well as a wedding gifts section. These include gifts to say thank you for helping on the big day for bridesmaids etc.

It's worth having a look especially for anniversary and the wedding present

• S
    Beginner October 2017
    SunnyPinkBridesmaid81909 ·
    • Hide content

Perfect gift for Your wedding Anniversary is Take them out in a romantic place for a romantic wedding anniversary dinner.

• Chris
    Beginner April 2019 Bath and NE Somerset
    Chris ·
    • Hide content
    Hi. We sell lovely paper anniversary gifts. Completely bespoke.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/wolfhowldesigns/

• E
    New Jersey
    Eryn ·
    • Hide content

Since it's a paper wedding the gifts made of paper would work perfectly. I stumbled upon @miniyoudolls profile on Instagram while I was looking for something unique for my sister’s anniversary. The artist creates personalized movable paper dolls. And they really look alike!!! She also has a shop on Etsy. Here is the link to her shop Etsy Personalized Paper Dolls I literally recommend it to all my friends because by far it's my favorite gift I have ever given anyone. The attention to detail on individual features was excellent and the seller was so easy to deal with. I've also added it to the "wedding day survival box" I'm making for my guy on our wedding day.

1st Anniversary gift ideas? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics