Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

30 things for 30th birthday

pandorasbox, 19 of March of 2012 at 13:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

OH's birthday is the day we get back from our honeymoon so I want to make sure I am organised in advance. As I want to get him 30 different gifts (ranging in all prices) I need to budget, plan and buy over the next few months! I have a few special things in mind and also been browsing Not On The High St and other such sites so got a few things earmarked to buy after payday.

Has anyone got any amazing, unusual ideas for men's gifts please?

15 replies

Latest activity by BriKonk, 26 of January of 2021 at 21:57
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I did this for Mr C...

Presents ranged from aftershave, socks, chocolate... to a watch and tickets to Anfield!

I also wrote to 150 celebrities to get personalised autographs and put them in a photobook.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a brilliant idea - did you get a good response from the celebrities?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes and No!

I got about 25 autographs, 15 were totally personalised.

Others were preprints and the others never replied!

Ed Byrne sent me an email after apologising that he had forgotten and asked for Mr C's number, he rang him backstage from a gig to wish him a happy birthday!!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw cool! I may steal this idea and start a wee project celeb autograph!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ok back to the matter in hand..

- Does he have a sport/team? Keep an eye on ebay for memorabila and novelty things relating to it?

- Shares in any particular team he supports

- CD of music from the year he was born/his youth

- Newspaper from day he was born

- Did he have a favourite toy from childhood? You could find one of them on ebay maybe?

- remote control helicopter/car etc.

- water bombs, water pistol? (but then I'm sad like that...)

- Books, CDs, DVDs

- Cinema Tickets

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I signed up to a website called MovieEye, it was free to register and people reported success rates...

It took on average 3-6 months for each reply.

Not sure if this will work but this was the final book...

https://www.photobox.co.uk/1xC8C8A7/creation/813084644?cid=puksecs001

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I also put his birth year into Ebay... got a soccer annual from that year...

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's brilliant MrsC, it's M's 40th in a couple of years, might try and get some stuff like that for his birthday

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH loves David Beckham - do you think he'd reply?! I may try to get hold of his autograph as a wedding present.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH loves David Beckham - do you think he'd reply?! I may try to get hold of his autograph as a wedding present.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I did this for my Mr C too, he had an armani watch for his main present, which was labelled number 30 so he opened it last, they all had sparkly number stickers on, to make it a bit more fun so he could look for the next pressie. Other things were a hoodie, aftershave, books, dvds, a photo album of him with a photo of each of the 30 years of his life, mexico football shirt(thats where we honeymooned), the music and lyrics of our first dance song, socks, beer, sweets, etc etc etc, I also had him a cake made with "him" sat on it on his laptop, that was number one, as I brought that up to him in bed with a glass of champagne in the morning!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant ideas, going to steal most of these, thanks everyone for all your suggestions!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I am so going to write to 'The Rock' and see if he will send a message for OH for the wedding!! He luffs him (sad I know)

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

I got H 30 gifts for his 30th, including aftershave, clothes and rollerboots he wanted and then lots of little things like choc, sweets, car bits, his fav drink and lots of other little bits. His brother bought him a selection of gifts that had something to do with the year he was born. H's bday is 29th dec so i did well in the sales!

• B
    Beginner August 2022 Hertfordshire
    BriKonk ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

What's about road trips? I organized this last year for John and it was wonderful! Select places that are important for you and made a road map with these places! I can also suggest you to read articles like this https://lifeinyour30s.co/30th-birthday-ideas/ . You can also combine 2 or 3 ideas in one big surprise! For example, have about the different events every tag one week before birthday?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics