Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blonde Viki
Beginner July 2012

6 weeks to go and I've got plantar fasciitis! :(

Blonde Viki, 30 May, 2012 at 17:00 Posted on Planning 0 28

Fortunately only in one foot, but all the limping is giving me a sore knee as well. I seriously can't put my right foot down on the ground, it's incredibly painful.

I'm giving it a week on anti-inflammatory meds and if they don't clear it up then I'll head to the doctor again.

However, this puts a dent in my pre-dress fitting exercise schedule. I guess making sure I can walk down the aisle is the most important thing though!! *wails*

Let this be a lesson to anyone doing last minute intense pre-wedding exercise - my doctor has partly blamed the 30 Day Shred for this - he said he was concerned that I wasn't giving my body enough of a break and that this can happen as a result.

Please keep your fingers crossed the meds solve it and soon! I don't want cortisone injections in my feet and I want to shift a few more pounds before my dress fitting on 15 June!

28 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_imp, 1 June, 2012 at 10:51
  • Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Crossing fingers, toes and all!! Sending sympathy too as ive just come off crutchs from pulles ligaments in my ankle and your right it hurts the other leg just as much cos your limping!

(though mine was a drunken fall down the stairs not excercise! hee hee)

xx

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear this is the last thing you need! fingers crossed the meds help xx

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

S x

• D
    Savvy September 2012
    delphi13 ·
    • Hide content

Having had this before I can highly recommend getting some MBTs or fit flops. It got rid of it for me within about a week.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! You need to concentrate on your foot getting better young lady, not about continuing exercise!!

*fingers crossed* it heals in time

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, BV! I will be checking over the wall at Tottenham Hale tonight and I will be VERY cross if I see you run past! You poor girl - I'm sure you will look just perfect in your dress, and you still have some time so don't worry too much. Could you cut out all treats while you're not able to exercise? Just to help you feel like you're still 'doing' something really, as I have no doubt you look (and will look) absolutely lovely.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the sympathy!

I'm going to stay put on the sofa as much as possible, which sadly means the dinner making and tidying will fall to OH for a few days. He is also lined up for medicine fetching and foot rubs.

Hopefully it won't impede the weight loss too much, as you say I can cut out a few biscuits extra. Maybe a few stomach and arm exercises will be ok too.

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

The gel heels worked for me. They aren't too expensive. Boots sell them in the health dept.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a shame! ? Seriously though, it is awful you have this to cope with right now.

If you're worried about weight, maybe you could have those meal replacement shakes or something for a couple of days just to lose a couple of pounds?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will send OH out to Boots to look for the gel heels, thanks for the recommendation!

The pain in the butt thing is I was more concerned about toning up than the pounds (after all, all anyone's going to be able to see when i'm in my dress is my arms!) so I'm hopeful I can do some situps, weights still. At the moment, my foot is aching so much I can't face doing much at all - but the shakes are a good idea thanks! I have 16 days until my dress fitting, so if I'm still hurting after the long weekend (which I shall spend on the sofa mostly!) I shall use them for my Plan B Smiley smile

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Oh no Viki, you poor thing. You definitely have to concentrate on getting better, I'd be careful even doing sit ups and arm exercises as they could put extra strain on your feet/knees. Maybe you could get one of those electric belt things that supposedly give you a six pack while sitting watching the tv ?

I was a bit concerned about doing the 30 day shred every day so I'm glad I decided to to keep some rest days in my exercise routine.

As others have said just cutting out some treats should keep the weight off. Weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise anyway. Going low carb for a couple of weeks can shift a few pounds if you really need to.

Hope it gets better soon!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Ah bv I hope you feel better after your few days rest and like others have said cut things out and just do arm exercises! Why don't u get weights or tins of beans lol and do toning exercises whilst sat on sofa! Also get ur oh to run around after you.

When you mentioned that about 30 day shred when I was doing it all time I got a pain in right ankle which was really bad I was told it was just strain from exercise and to be careful as could cause more damage! I stopped doing the DVD and starte going to boot camp and eventually the pain stopped so sounds like I may have had a lucky escape!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicki,

This week I have almost stopped my exercise routine - just too much pressure. I was doing the 30day shred but I didnt do it every day. I did run 4miles on Sunday morning but it was hard as I was so tense and I thought I would pull something!!

R I C E treatment and anti-inflams should help and get you down the aisle to your man ?

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I had this when I was about 9 or 10 and it really is horrible. I just had the pain in my heel though and couldn't put that down so was on crutches (it's so long ago that I can't remember if it usually is just the heel or not). I was able to cycle though as I just used the ball of my foot on the pedal so that's how I got to school. Would that be an option if you really wanted to keep exercising? Don't do it though if there is the slightest chance it could make it worse!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what plantar fasciitis is but really hope it gets better soon as it sounds painful and a nusiance!!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god! I had to look it up, I'd never heard of it, but it looks horrible!! I hope it gets better and all you need is ibuprofen.

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, that sounds awful and such bad timing. I hope you recover very soon!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Oh no BV!

*sending get better soon vibes*

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the sympathy!

The anti-inflammatory tabs have kicked in today and whilst i'm still uncomfortable, I can put my foot on the floor without wincing too much at least!

Smiley laugh what is RICE treatment?

I completely stand by my initial message to all of you doing 30DS or any other high frequency exercise before the big day - don't injure yourselves doing it! I didn't think I was pushing myself too greatly, but look where I've ended up Smiley sad

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that sounds unpleasant! Hope you recover soon BV!

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Ouch! I've had this before too - I'm sure the doctor showed you the stretches to do - at first I was sceptical that they wouldn't help but honestly they helped me so much. If you're not doing them already then definitely give them a try!! ?

Beginner July 2013
    *Loula** ·
    • Hide content

Sorry about your foot. My mam had it really bad last year and she spent hours on the internet trying to find a cure. She ended up buying a night splint off internet that was great (even after 1 nights use she could put her foot on the floor when she got up) it is a bit weird to look at and she said it was strange wearing it for bed but the difference it made to her was unbelievable. It had many excellent reviews and is used by athletes and runners. She had been taking naproxen for weeks and was so pleased with the relief she got from her plastic splint. It is definitely worth googling "night splint for plantar fasciities". Hope your foot gets better very soon.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

How you doing BV? Hope OH is spoiling you!

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Sounds very painful indeed. Hope you start feeling better soon BV x x

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The anti-inflammatory meds are doing a great job, I've been able to potter to work and back ok - but after a long day, the ache is coming back again. I'm hoping the long weekend will mean I can rest up properly and be fixed next week! The foot exercises, and rolling my foot over a frozen bottle of water really helps too Smiley smile

OH is apparently losing interest in giving me foot rubs...

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aaah - great! I shall try my best to comply with this Smiley smile

Though I have to confess I was hoping for something more along the lines of the chicken fried variety ;P

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Aww hope it gets better soon!! Smiley smile

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I really sympathise with you, I had it last year and it was agony. Mine went after about 2 weeks, I took plenty of ibuprofen and wore shoes with bridge support in them, mostly trainers- which I hated but it was neccessary!

I hope you feel better soon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics