Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tizmelou
Beginner September 2012

Alfred Angelo help please? - with flashes of the dress

tizmelou, 9 of October of 2011 at 10:59 Posted on Planning 0 17

I've got a wedding dress - not for me - Its been given to me to raise money for homeless dogs which I help out with. Anyway its an Alfred Angelo but all other details on the label which I've googled and gets me no where! it says UK1976W, 010BB (or it might be 810BB) and 89857! The dress itself is lovely - has loads of pearl details on the bodice, thin straps that fasten at the neck, a full skirt with big underskirt and train. It has little pearls all over with almost an embroidered daisy dotted around with the pearl being at the center! I'm going to take pics of it but wanted to try to find it on line so I've a good picture to help raise as much money as possible! Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

17 replies

Latest activity by tizmelou, 18 of October of 2011 at 13:26
  • 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

Have you had a look on Alfred Angelo's UK website?

http://www.alfredangelobridal.co.uk/collections/collectionhome.aspx?categoryid=e0a7a8c8-dd5b-494c-8f79-0df134589090

a picture would probably help, i've had a wee look using the description you've given and i can't find anything either!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thanks yes I've looked at loads! Keep getting distracted by ones i like for myself lol

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

If you take a photo of the dress and post it, people will be much more likely to find an official photo of it.

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I will do, have just taken it round a friends who has more room to hang it up - broke the curtain rail it was too heavy to hold it - whoops!

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

I've been on the Alfred Angelo site. Its not coming up so it's probably a discontinued design. I was looking at a couple of AA designs for myself that i tried on in store but the shop said that if they are not on the AA sitre anymore its becuase they already are, or will soon be retired. You should be able to google alfred angelo and the style number and get an image. The style will be 1976 (the W just means its a larger size)

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Thank you I will try google again and post pics when sorted!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Not got pics of whole dress yet but heres a close up of the detailing

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

So pretty!

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Anyone recognise it? Or guestimate what it would have cost/what we can sell it for? It's for a little dog rescue in Bristol called Happy Tails.....

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Great cause and beaut dress - unfortunelty i aready have mine but im sure you will find a buyer soon Smiley smile

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

WE've not advertised it yet as I really dont know what to ask for it - need as much as possible for the charity really it would be aweful if we asked 200 and found out it was like really expensive new!

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

How about sending the pics to Alfred Angelo HQ and ask them? I'm sure they should be able to help.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Why didnt you email Alfred angelo explain why you've been given the dress and see if they can name it for you - most people are willing to help out if its for charity. they might even give you more dresses for a wedding dress fashion show for the dogs Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content

I found an old post on a USA sales board from 2003. Someone had brought it brand new for $900.

so I think you need to be looking at the 2003 ish alfred angelo collection.

Regardless of its age or anything it is a beautiful dress. I hope it raises a lot of money for you.

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness thank you very much! It is actually stunning, the pics don't pick up the detail plus it doesn't fit me so I dont do it justice!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful dress, and a great cause to be selling it for too. Hope you get lots for it ?

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking we could ask 500 and accept 400? does that seem about fair?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics