Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hugo Brambles
Beginner August 2002

Alternative songs to walk down the aisle to

Hugo Brambles, 23 of November of 2009 at 19:44 Posted on Planning 0 32

OH likes the Pachelbels Cannon in D thingie which I like, but has anyone got any alternative suggestions? I saw a programme on TV and think she walked in to Damian Rice The Blowers Daughter which I thought was lovely. OH thinks to go away from a piece of classic is a bit chavvy?? I think if you get the right piece of music its a nice way to add a bit of personality.

Anyone doing anything modern or different?

32 replies

Latest activity by Nikki1888, 2 of December of 2009 at 23:52
  • Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i know I wont have anything classical. Favourites at the mo are 'all time love' - will young, 'iris' - googoo dolls 'gravity' - embrace

I too would also be interested in know what are having.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I reeeeally want to walk down the aisle to this (or at least part of it)

Wait for the piano to kick in ?

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Very nice! im interested in what people have to say on this cos i need some ideas too.

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Actually this is what I really want, OH has said no way (and he's a bigger fan of them than me) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaLXZ-Go_Q

• sazelbean
    Beginner February 2010
    sazelbean ·
    • Hide content

I've decided on sweet child o mine - but a piano version. I think it was someone on here that mentioned it and i listened on youtube - love it!

Was also thinking bout iris and thinking about gravity for first dance

x

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Ooh love it !! I'm a big GnR fan!!

• MrsShepherdtobe
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsShepherdtobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I also like the Pachelbel canon in d but im heading slightly towards this a bit more now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du0NSnJnoEY

Lx

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh......love that song!! Love the film, its the bit at the end isn't it when they're on the beach with Elvis?

• MrsShepherdtobe
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsShepherdtobe ·
    • Hide content

Yeah sure is ? love it too just think its beautiful

Lx

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Im close to SazelBean, but Im having an piano instrumental of the start of November Rain. We had a guy record us a version of him playing it on the piano, It's really lovely x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I am walking down the aisle to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFo1pu4q7Q

Eva Cassidy Songbird

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

Its a tough one Hugo, i took months to decide and ended up going with a version of love song by the cure with inxs never tear us apart for signig resgister.

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Eva Cassidy. This is beautiful and I like Somewhere over the Rainbow.

I can't be any help i'm afraid, i've got a string quartet booked so i'm having Canon in D!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I love her stuff and so does my dad so it's perfect. I like Somewhere over the Rainbow but I always think of it as a sad song but I love the lyrics of Songbird and the tempo / sound etc seems to fit with the mood.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to walk into 'Can't help falling in love with you' by Elvis - it's partly tribute to my Mum who's a big Elvis fan but she won't be able to be with us on the day unfortunately and partly I love the lyrics too!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh, we might be having that for our first dance! I'm likely to have a piano version of a bizarre pop song that sort of got us together - we hate classical so it seems wrong to have classical music!

• C
    Beginner
    Cle ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Great choices everyone. Hugo, I'm having The Blowers Daughter. It makes me cry everytime I think of it!

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh are you? Which part are you having as its a long song (I love the last bits where that woman cranks up too!)? Are you having lyrics or just an instrumental version?

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Like RAEF we are having Songbird, but by All Angels.

Walking out as Mr and Mrs are causing a few arguements at the moment tho he he

• Keelz
    Beginner
    Keelz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I'm walking down the aisle to, fingers crossed anyway.

We are getting married in a hotel & they said the registrar won't let any music with religious words in be used in a civil ceremony & apparently they are really strict about it & it says Heaven in this song so we have to check it with the registrar when we next see them.

My 2nd choice is Queen - Somebody To Love.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking in to Stand by Me by Ben E. King and out to All You Need is Love by The Beatles.

Keelz, some registrars are stricter than others so hopefully you'll have one of the more laid back ones!

• S
    Beginner May 2010
    shwayney ·
    • Hide content

We're having All i ask of you from Phantom of the opera played by a lady on a harp....cant wait x

• brienne
    brienne ·
    • Hide content

Wow that could be something new for the wedding song, alternative rather the traditional love song... well if you would choose an alternative love song that's a great one too. i kind of like the idea to have an alternative song in your wedding day. i have a couple in my mind i hope this might help you. bright eyes - first day of my life, nitin sawhney - breathing light, the cure - love song.

Bijou Wedding Venues

• A
    Beginner
    Anir ·
    • Hide content

Eva cassidy is always a great choice!

• Mogwai
    Beginner October 2009
    Mogwai ·
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to the Muse version of "Feeling Good" and we left the chapel to "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows".

I don't think it's chavy at all to have songs that reflect your personality. We were big on personalising our ceremony.

• Mogwai
    Beginner October 2009
    Mogwai ·
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to the Muse version of "Feeling Good" and we left the chapel to "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows".

I don't think it's chavy at all to have songs that reflect your personality. We were big on personalising our ceremony.

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The goo goo dolls is the one i want too and was worried about the word Heaven - was even thinking about dubbing it out but think that will sound a bit silly. its so confusing because some married friends have said their registra was really stirct and wouldn't allow even one word like that, where as another friends was told Angel by Robbie williams was ok because it wasn't religious per say. might have to check with my particular regitra to se if she'll accept it.

• U
    Beginner December 2009
    Umbrellacademic ·
    • Hide content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ILQDIGgBI This is what I'm walking down the aisle to in a mere 20 days......

And at the end it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnY9ea_q3nI

Nothing classical, nothing we've heard other people having. Ours.

UA X

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure everyone's seen this - would love to do something like this but OH is too traditional Smiley sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DCt3Lmi28

• Keelz
    Beginner
    Keelz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooo fingers crossed!!

• F
    Beginner December 2009
    fvj199 ·
    • Hide content

After much begging and hair pulling our registrar has agreed to let us have an instrumental version of Hallelujah (providing we don't name it). Our friends are playing this for my processional on a guitar and electric violin. It sounds great, I'd show it to you, but I can't figure out how to put a WMA on here...

• Nikki1888
    Beginner June 2011
    Nikki1888 ·
    • Hide content

Im havin Yiruma- kiss the rain to walk down aisle to...its so beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSe66pWNmc

and havin pachebels canon in d major for the signing of the register

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics