Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

August 24 Bride
Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny

Am i crazy looking at a 2025 date?!?!?!?!

August 24 Bride, 12 of May of 2022 at 13:22

Posted on Planning 39

Hi all B2B's, Please tell me - Am i being extremely premature for booking a venue in 2025??? I'm currently looking at February 2025 for my wedding date but keep thinking to myself am i being too dramatic planning so far in advance. I'm actually in the weddings industry myself and even at my own work...

Hi all B2B's,

Please tell me - Am i being extremely premature for booking a venue in 2025???

I'm currently looking at February 2025 for my wedding date but keep thinking to myself am i being too dramatic planning so far in advance. I'm actually in the weddings industry myself and even at my own work place we are not really taking 2025 bookings at the moment.

Thinking of it its 2 and a half years away which to me doesn't seem that far away, but my worry is all the suppliers i have my heart set on at the moment may have packed up or gone by the time 2025 comes along?

For me, I've always wanted the big white wedding and being in the industry seeing everyone's different styles and decor only adds more and more to my wish list making the money side of things expand way above the budget agreed.

I just want to ask if anyone is thinking the same as me? in the same position or am i just being stupid and need to bring it forward??

All comments welcome x

39 replies

• Jeanette
    Beginner April 2024 Merseyside
    Jeanette ·
    • Hide content
    I booked our wedding venue over 2 years in advance. I booked everything else ( e.g florist, make up) just over a year ahead. My thought was that I wanted to get in ahead of those people who wanted their wedding within a year of getting engaged!)
  • C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

Hey there, I'd say fair play to you being that organised and you get to enjoy all the planning and choosing for ages! Enjoy it!! If you work in the industry too I guess you see a different side of it! We chose this Jan to get married this summer and amazingly got an incredible reception venue as they opened up a date they hadn't already had available, there was one couple ahead of us, they pulled out so we took it as a sign from God / the Universe to go for it!! That particular venue is already nearly fully booked for next year, and when we were viewing the guy showing us round told us he was doing viewings for folks getting married in 2025 so I don't think it's that unusual!! Best wishes with it xx

• J
    Beginner April 2026 Derbyshire
    Joanne ·
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in October 2022 and have just secured our venue for 2026. I think the earliest you can get things booked the better.
  • A
    Beginner August 2025 Lothian & Borders
    Ashleigh ·
    • Hide content
    I've just booked August 2025 and there were only 5 dates left for that year! Places get booked up so quickly nowadays so do not worry about feeling premature!
  • C
    Beginner June 2025 Caerphilly
    Casey ·
    • Hide content
    My partner n i are getting married in June 2025.. and picked a date, looking At everything now., we feel its a-little crazy but prepared and relaxed.. enjoying it.. is better than stressing and worrying there will be no time! 2023 is going by quick enough as it is! 2025 will be here before we know it x
  • M
    Beginner March 2024 East London
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content

Hello there,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It's never too early to start planning, especially if you have a specific vision in mind and want to secure your preferred suppliers. In fact, booking a venue for February 2025 is a wise decision, as it gives you plenty of time to plan, research, and make informed decisions.

The truth is, popular wedding vendors tend to get booked up quickly, sometimes years in advance. By booking early, you increase your chances of securing your preferred suppliers and ensuring that your wedding day is everything you dreamed it would be.

Furthermore, starting your planning process early allows you to take your time, consider all options, and make informed decisions that fit within your budget. It also gives you ample time to make adjustments as needed, ensuring that everything is in place well before your big day arrives.

So, rest assured that you're not being premature in your planning. In fact, you're taking a smart and proactive approach to ensuring that your wedding is a success. Best of luck with your planning, and enjoy every moment of this exciting journey!

• W
    Beginner September 2025 West Yorkshire
    Wayne ·
    • Hide content
    We booked our venue and paid £1000 deposit in March 2023 for September 2025, first week in September the venue price drops, and also they’ve locked in all prices for everything that they cost today

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics