Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

August 24 Bride
Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny

Am i crazy looking at a 2025 date?!?!?!?!

August 24 Bride, 12 of May of 2022 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 1 39

Hi all B2B's,

Please tell me - Am i being extremely premature for booking a venue in 2025???

I'm currently looking at February 2025 for my wedding date but keep thinking to myself am i being too dramatic planning so far in advance. I'm actually in the weddings industry myself and even at my own work place we are not really taking 2025 bookings at the moment.

Thinking of it its 2 and a half years away which to me doesn't seem that far away, but my worry is all the suppliers i have my heart set on at the moment may have packed up or gone by the time 2025 comes along?

For me, I've always wanted the big white wedding and being in the industry seeing everyone's different styles and decor only adds more and more to my wish list making the money side of things expand way above the budget agreed.

I just want to ask if anyone is thinking the same as me? in the same position or am i just being stupid and need to bring it forward??

All comments welcome x

39 replies

Latest activity by Wayne, 11 of June of 2023 at 22:12
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you're being silly, maybe take the time to think about what you really want i.e. colour schemes and themes, and start saving up money if you know that it's going to be over budget.

One of my bridesmaids is getting married a month after us and shes not really started planning yet whereas all our major things are done and we've still got just under 2 years to go! It all depends on what type of person you are x

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww thank you!!! My thought process was to find the venue, book and then take a step back from it and just enquire to a few suppliers for pricing and do the little bridesmaid / groomsman proposal things. I’m thinking more towards money coming out bit by bit and not in one massive chunk and it all be a hot mess organising everything at the same time. It’s inevitable trends are gonna change but I think it’ll be better for me to just keep adding to my scrapbook xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think you have picked a good time it gives you more time to plan your dream wedding and you want it to represent you and h2b not all the other weddings you see but i totally get your worry about suppliers especially with covid causing a lot of places to close Stick to your scrap book and enjoy your planning x💗
  • August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww thank you!! Making me feel so much better about my thought process 😇 x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem i came on here in 2021 wedding isent till next year but its best to start early i think gives you more time to plan all the decorative ideas which i think take the longest xx Can i ask what you do job wise x💗
  • August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly!!! I see new ideas every single weekend that I take inspiration from, so it’ll be hard to chose what I want for my own. I have no problem you asking - I’m a wedding & events coordinator so the venue part of a wedding I’m confident in with what I need to ask and do but everything else is completely new to me which I need to start looking at🙂 xx
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    If you've found a place you like but don't necessarily want to put money down, you could do what we did. We asked them to pencil in but let us know if anyone is after the same date so we could give the deposit before another person nabbed the date. A bit more of a risk but it worked for us Smiley smile

If you are certain about a place then I say book it but if you are still getting ideas on what you want i.e themes and colours ect, maybe hold off on booking places until you have a firm idea on what you'd both like. Opinions change and things happen (like money!) over time which could alter things. Just something to keep in mind. However 2025 is not an obscene amount of time not by a long chalk! Smiley smile Good luck!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want your job i would have loved to have been a wedding planner you will get so much help on here everyone is wonderful just take your time and enjoy the planning process one step at a time x💗
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was our thought process too and then within 2 months of booking the venue we had the photographer, florist and cake booked 🤣 it’s definitely a lot easier having more time to do payments etc! My friend also said I’d change my mind loads but I’d rather have time to change my mind on the small details if we want to! Xx
  • S
    Philippines
    Sky ·
    • Hide content

You're not being crazy or anything, it's better to get ahead of things. It's a lot easier to be ahead of the payments as well. And you could change small details if you change your mind because of the time and days ahead of you.

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm didn't think of asking this, thank you for your comments and i will definitely bear them in mind Smiley smile

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha, it has its good and bad parts but i love it Smiley heart and exactly, thank you for your comments x

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have my favourites in mind with lots of suppliers at the moment so will see once venue is booked how i will be , thank you for the advice Smiley xd xx

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww thank you!! Feeling so much better about thinking of 2025 date now Smiley ring x

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any time here to help just remember to take ypur time xx💗 And remember what matters is what you both want xx
  • J
    Beginner July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    No I don’t think so at all go for it 😊 to be honest you can’t win either way! Both me and my partner have just had a significant pay rise therefore thought why not and booked for 2023 last week, I’m having massive wobblers daily now worrying it’s too soon and will I have to compromise on suppliers as either unavailable or the cost keeps mounting! Only think I would say is if you have your budget try still stick to it as I imagine the longer to
    Plan the easier it is to add bits here and there xx
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you are being silly. I got engaged in December of 2020 and booked my venue for June 2023, so that was 2.5 years in advance. Things do book up fast and if you have a venue and date in mind, there is no harm in booking it to ensure you get what you want. Go for it Smiley smile

• August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed I’m in that position 🤞🏼 But thank you for your comments, I’ll try my hardest to stick to budget - don’t think my fiancé will let it go a penny over 🥲 x
  • August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Being in the industry I know that first hand so I’m thinking secure the date and secure/query the best suppliers and sit back and relax then 😇 thank you for your words of wisdom x
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s perfectly reasonable! 2025 isn’t that far away when it comes to wedding planning and especially when it comes to saving! Best place to start would be decide on your venue, colour schemes, theme, style etc and it’ll give you plenty of time to be certain of what is right for you both and what you want.
  • B
    Beginner June 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Bianca ·
    • Hide content
    You’re not being dramatic! We booked our wedding January 2021 and we’re getting married June 2023! Trust me you’ll need the time to plan and save, best decision we made was taking out time and saving for what we wanted x
  • Courteney
    Beginner August 2023 Essex
    Courteney ·
    • Hide content

Not at all! We booked our wedding for August 2023 in Sept 2020. We wanted August Bank Holiday so knew it had to be done in advance. It's meant we have more time to save and plan. My only advice would be to make sure you roughly plan when you're going to do things so you don't leave everything to last minute. We're 15 months away now and although most of our main suppliers are booked we've still got lots to do because we kept saying how long we had. Enjoy planning! x

• Holly
    Beginner May 2024 Northamptonshire
    Holly ·
    • Hide content
    We have agreed on a 2025 wedding too. We're not in a rush to book something, but we're going to look around here and there and if there's a place we like and they'll take a booking then we'll book it. I think it's good to have plently of time to think about things
  • J
    Beginner September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    If you’re wanting a weekend date it’s definitely not too early, I work in the wedding industry and dates are booking up well in advance. My best friend (and maid of honour) is a wedding planner and only has a few weekend dates left in the summer of 2025 at their venue.

Once you’ve booked the venue you can relax and bit and pick up planning closer to the date.
  • A
    Beginner April 2025 Shropshire
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi lovely! I have booked my venue only last month for my wedding in April 2025! There is definitely nothing wrong with booking early as it ensures you get the dream wedding venue you want and you have so much time to pay it off without having to worry about your finances. Just book the venue girl and all the suppliers who give you the best quotes and prices you are happy with. I wish you all the best with your wedding planning 🦋🤍✨
  • August 24 Bride
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone who has commented on this forum, i really appreciate every ones comments and input and i have definitely been put more at ease thinking of a 2025 date... to me it seems some venues aren't even publishing 2024 dates let alone 2025 so we'll take it as it comes. Thank you again Smiley ring Smiley cake Smiley heart xxx

• S
    Beginner April 2025 Tyne & Wear
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content

I have just booked the registrar for my April 2025 wedding! I had the same thought process as you, worrying it is too far away, but I am going to use my time to research different suppliers and save (weddings aren't cheap as you are probably aware).

I just want to start planning! Smiley laugh Smiley heart

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

We booked our wedding for September '23 about 3 months ago, and still couldn't get our preferred date as someone else had already booked it! We still found a date we were happy with though, so all's well Smiley smile

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve provisionally reserved a venue for May 2024, until my fiancé can see it next month (has to be an evening or weekend due to his work so we have to wait until their open evening/wedding show). They’ve pencilled us in. They didn’t have many bookings even for next year (I originally wanted September 2023) and neither did another place I looked at. I called the registrar today to check and they were completely free, too. I was surprised as I thought everyone would be fully booked due to covid!
    I don’t think it’s too soon. I’ve worked out how much I can save each month to have the money there a few months before, and it’s less pressure on you with the planning etc! Once our venue is booked, I’ll book the hairdresser, MUA, photographer, DJ and florist then do everything else slow time. There’s a lot to plan with weddings, you won’t run out of things to do :-) x
  • E
    Beginner April 2026 Kent
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in 2026 and we have already booked our venue. We are having a 2 day wedding (English traditional and an Indian wedding) so there is plenty to do! But we definitely don’t think we have done it too far in advance when we think how much we have to do!

It’s only 200 weeks away and when we think we probably have 200 + things to sort it can be split in to manageable sections!
  • K
    Beginner October 2025 Somerset
    Kerry1703 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there! You're not crazy at all Smiley smile I've booked my venue for Oct 2025, we waited for quite sometime since my fiancé was finishing university and he wanted to be settled in his job, also covid was thing and we were worried about the wedding boom.

Also the most importantly we need to save. We currently have some money saved but in our banking app we have a budgeting option and goals so we've set our goal/overall budget and are on track to hitting our goal Smiley laugh

• Kirsty
    Beginner June 2026 Surrey
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Not premature at all! I only just got engaged last Sunday and planning to get married June 2025, but have been contacting wedding venues already, as I know they are likely to book up quickly! I don’t do well under pressure, so would rather start early and take my time to make sure it’s what myself and my partner want, then rush into it. There’s so much to plan, at least once we have our venue booked, we can then plan for all the other things! 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics