Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

Anal

Ali_G, 1 February, 2013 at 10:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

No, not that you dirty bunch. As in the personality trait.

Is there anything you are meticulous about? Anything that has to be done a certain way?

I'm definitely anal about my documents. I have a folder for everything. One for car, one for household, one for mortgage, one for work & pensions etc. Everything in those folders has to be in the right order. e.g. my car folder has to go 'Insurance' > 'accident claim' > 'licence' > 'V5' > 'other'. To top that all off, every folder has to be in alphabetical order in the box.

Also, books on my bookshelf have to go in height order. I can't have a tall one, followed by a short one, followed by a tall one.

Tell me you're anal about stuff too - make me feel like I'm not abnormal.

25 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 1 February, 2013 at 22:07
  • MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Bed time. I lay, spread my legs and they have to reach so far otherwise it means I haven't got enough room, the duvet has to be shared perfectly equally, he is not allowed to venture onto 'my side' whilst asleep. If I get up for the loo in the middle of the night and the duvet is more on one side than the other I move it. I can't bear the extra weight when I lift my leg if I have too much and I can't bear my leg going into the cold if he has got too much. We would be better in single bed to be honest because I get rage if it isn't how I like it.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Books have to be grouped together by author and release date from first to last. But also in height order. I can't explain the feeling I get when an author publishes a book that is a different size to the others. Also if I have a few books by an author I have to buy th books in the same format. Even if means waiting a few months for the paperback version.

DVDs on the shelf are all in alphabetical order and god help anyone that changes the order or takes a DVD out and doesn't put it back in it's order. Again films in a set have to be in the correct order i.e. Harry Potter...1-8, TV series have to come first too, not mixed in with normal DVDs.

Photos on the computer....all in seperate folders for events and each photo is renamed to express what it happening!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So I read the title, skimmed the original post, and then read this

?

I have nothing that I can think of

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I'm very fussy with how my kitchen sides are cleaned. If H does them, I have to re-do them.

When I was pg, H didn't do them right, so I chucked him out. (I also chucked him out when he didn't fold my fajitas "right")

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

That made me giggle ER! I so thought this was going to be a far more revealing thread! I am anal about the bed being made. Even if I have to dash for a train and don't have time to make it (which is rare as I 'have' to tidy before I leave the house) and get back at midnight and need to head straight for bed, I will still make it before I can unmake it to get in! x

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pft, always one to lower the tone. ?

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such filthy minds!!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to be fussy about a lot of random things but since boyo moved in I started not to be so bothered..

This made me giggle!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

When H "makes" the bed, i always have to re-do it to my standard as i cannot get into an unmade bed.

Toothpaste................. H makes the tube all squishy but i like it nice and even - VERY sad!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I'm disappointed with the direction of this thread, I thought it was going to be much more interesting ?

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SNAP! I am quite obsessive by the pillows on the couch being straight every night before bed or if I'm going out. I generally like complete order in the house and don't like letters, books or piles of things gathering where they don't belong. The insides of drawers and cupboards can be a riot and I don't care much but as long as visually everything is neat then I'm happy! ?

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be fair...you started it pretty much rock bottom (snigger) and dragged it up from there ?

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Are these things not standard human behaviour ? I have never thought I was anal for any of the above !!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you on the books thing. It drives me mad when my H takes a book off the shelf then doesn't put it back in the 'right' place.

Can't think of anything else!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I so thought this was about something else!!

Only thing is that cushions are "right" on the couch \and beds. Oh and cant be doing with doors left open, any doors, cupboards, door doors, wardrobes. If you lived with my H you would understand the frustration...

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ALWAYS leave the wardrobe door open, haha.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am anal about stuff like the duvet and pillows need to face the right way. Generally I like all clutter out of sight. But everything else is pretty haphazard, fridge and freezer contents, drawers and books etc.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Now H has spotted this thread and wonders "what the bloody hell you girls discuss on that thing?!!" Waaahahaha!?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How very disappointingly bland for him!

Maybe we should start a real anal thread.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

*is disapointed by the content of this thread*

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

EVERYTHING has a place, even my sons toys. If I find the "wrong" toy in one of them I have to go though them all if not i get really annoyed.

Bed has to be made before I get dressed.

I put the washing machine on at the same time everyday even have an alarm set on my mobile.

If the pillows are not on correctly, correctly means the pillow protectors have to be ironed and the folds have to match the folds for the pillow case, if that makes sense.

I have loads of these "weird" behaviours.

but I swear I am normal lol

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

I'm not really anal about much. In fact H is the one who complains that I don't shut cupboard doors or drawers fully and I leave things untidy. But we have glass jars with pasta, rice, tea, coffee etc in. They are lined up at the back of the work surface in the kitchen. I have to make sure the jars are the right way round, is the writing facing the front and they are in the right order height wise. I also can't leave the toilet roll the wrong way on the holder, ie the flap has to hang down the front not the back.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Living with H has made me become a lot less obsessive about little tidiness-related things! ? If I have clean clothes, there are some clean dishes in the cupboard and I can cook without getting food poisoning, we're doing well!

I get very anal about academic stuff and grammar though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics