Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HotDiggityDamn83
Savvy August 2021 Cardiff

Any March 2021 Brides?! No idea what to do ...

HotDiggityDamn83, 26 of October of 2020 at 12:27

Posted on Planning 89

Hi all I'll probably get laughed off the forum, but we're supposed to be getting married end of March next year, but everything's just been on hold as we don't know what to do re the current situation. We should have had invites out by now (it's only a small wedding and we've let everyone know the...

Hi all

I'll probably get laughed off the forum, but we're supposed to be getting married end of March next year, but everything's just been on hold as we don't know what to do re the current situation.

We should have had invites out by now (it's only a small wedding and we've let everyone know the date) but it'll be a bit embarassing if they ask us to reduce numbers and we then have to un-invite people.

Also - the hotel have a policy now, if people book a room in advance for the wedding there's no refund. The majority of our guests would be from out of town.

Just wondering if there are any brides-to-be here with weddings quite early in 2021 and how are you planning for them?

89 replies

• Laura
    Curious November 2021 Essex
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

That's how I feel, have all my fingers and toes crossed for more people. Trying to prepare for 15 but it's so difficult, i'm struggling with a table plan idea!

• Sarah
    Beginner September 2021 Co Fermanagh
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Our date is also in March, and I'm fairly resigned now to just close family, Though our venue has done a risk assessment and says they can accommodate 100 with social distancing. Most of my guests will have to travel/ferry/fly (we are getting married in Northern Ireland) and I feel bad even asking them!

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also April 2021. Recent update from Boris: https://www.guidesforbrides.co.uk/wedding-ideas/will-my-wedding-be-affected-by-coronavirus/

If he thinks weddings will be normal in summer, then they've got to be getting there in spring. You can't go from 15 guests to whatever, that makes no sense.

• D
    Missouri
    Dany ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations to those who will wed in March! Hoping all the best with you and your spouses, hopefully, Covid-19 won't be as devastating then as it is today.

• N
    Beginner April 2021 South West London
    Nel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Urghh glad I am not alone. We have our wedding planned for April 2021 but in South Africa ? Are we mad for going ahead. Travel restrictions have been lifted but quarantine rules are still in place.

Hope you will have a better time planning over the next few months as the vaccine comes in.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I actually feel very positive especially now that London has gone into tier 3 for Christmas. I’m now thinking the governments next step will have to be lifting restrictions in the New Year because people kickoff. as long as they do that by February I think we’ll be okay.

Am I being naive? Do you think I’m crazy? Or am I just an excited bride who really wants my special day to go ahead. ????????
  • N
    Beginner April 2021 South West London
    Nel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not at all! I think we are all at a point we’re we think life must carry on at some point. There is only so much postponing you can do and cancellation.

Remain positive!! We have to! And will have to deal with things as they come. Good thing everyone is used to late changes to if you had to make any people should be understanding!?
  • T
    Beginner November 2021 West Central London
    Tracey ·
    • Hide content
    Hello we’re getting married 1st May 2021 & we have sent out all our day Invites as I’m not allowing the Government who’s delayed tactics ruin 2020 put me down about organising my day. I’m positive with Vaccine we should all be done in the next couple of months. STAY POSITIVE xxx
  • Rhi
    Beginner April 2022 Devon
    Rhi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya, we're supposed to be getting married on exactly the same day! Smiley smile We have spoken to our venue and they have asked us to make a decision mid-January. As it stands at the moment I think we will postpone as we don't want to restrict our numbers. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can have at least 30 guests in March!!! Xx
  • L
    Beginner November 2021
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes73675 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya, its so frustrating isn't it! we will probably need to do the same although mid january is a little harsh i think as things change so quickly! ahh i don't blame you, i think now we'r just so frustrated we just want to get it done haha! our venue did contact us about a 2nd date so we have a preliminary date booked for later in the year, but its not OUR date you know? good luck with everything xx

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally agree. There’s only so much postponing you can do. At some point we will all want to move on and get married - big party or not! And like you said, our guests will I’m sure be very understanding of any changes in plans due to Covid restrictions. Our venue would only let us postpone, not cancel, so if we have to I think we would probably still get married on our originally May 2021 date but have the big party whenever it’s possible...
  • J
    Beginner July 2022 Dorset
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I am a July 21 bride to be! I've created a "Covid" guest list and a "Normal" list and gave people a heads up in case we have to cut people out etc. I was feeling optimistic but now I'm not sure how things will be
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content

Hello again - thanks to everyone who's commented on the thread. We've decided to postpone. It's a shame as I specifically picked that date as it was the weekend before the Easter holidays and I'd chosen lovely bright spring flowers.

Our contact at the venue has kindly moved the date to August and kept the price the same - unfortunately though the registrar can only do 10am or 4pm on that date, so we're going for a late afternoon wedding. It means the evening do won't start til 9pm which seems kind of late, but what can you do?!

It's allowed me a bit more time to plan and lose weight!

We're almost in 2021 now, so best of luck to you all in your wedding planning Smiley smile

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Good luck with your new date.
    We’re still holding on to our April date. Depending on how things look end of jan/early feb we may need to rethink but for now remaining optimistic that this lockdown will end in 4 weeks and as we approach spring restrictions lift. I can’t see the government allowing these lockdowns last a full year for the optics alone . ??I’m right
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks AprilBride2Be! I am
    Positive with the vaccine.
  • H
    Beginner
    HappyIvoryHair6003 ·
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your wedding , have you thought about a Facebook group instead of invites ? My friend was to be Wed in August last year and done just this as wasn’t sure what would happen and did not want to buy invites just incase . She did end up postponing for a year and was much easier to post that on the group also.
  • M
    Beginner May 2021 Lothian & Borders
    May 2nd 2021 ·
    • Hide content

Feeling totally lost, stressed and sad about our May 2021 wedding in Edinburgh. I was so optimistic about the vaccine until recently. I think January February is going to be so much worse than anticipated, weddings may not open up again until the Summer. We are debating postponing but cannot bring ourselves to do it. Does anyone think postponing say 4 -6 months would help much? I personally think there will still be social distancing , masks and limited numbers for some time Smiley sad Or is it just better to push back to 2022? No idea what to do !

For those that have postponed, how did you manage to get a date that your venue could do as well as all your suppliers. I am terrified of how difficult this task would be!!

Hang in there everyone!! xx

• HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea!
  • Expensivepinkconfetti697
    Beginner March 2021
    Expensivepinkconfetti697 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    We were due to marry back in September 2020 but had to postpone to 9th January which sadly now can't go ahead due to being in tier 4! We've now postponed it to the 27th March 2021. After the news of a second vaccine and Boris saying that by april at the latest all the vulnerable will be vaccinated I do feel positive about it, but after having to postpone our wedding twice now I'm so worried that we may be back in the same position by March.
    We've been so lucky with each date we moved the wedding to as so many people have pushed their weddings back all our suppliers have been available (our photographer has had all his weddings cancelled until the end of april!) We had to uninvite so many guests and it was such a hard thing to do but everyone was so understanding and I'm hoping that by the end of march we may be able to reinvite some of those people!There is a light at the end of this very long tunnel..
  • Sunnybluebride3107
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    Sunnybluebride3107 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a July 2021 bride, and we’ve decided that if there are still restrictions we’ll have the ceremony of 15 or 30 and then postpone the reception and everything to July 2022 for our one-year anniversary. I’m sure everyone will understand and are vendors all offer postponement at no extra cost.
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our venue only had 3 Saturdays left this year and a Thursday. It seems everyone who postponed earlier in the year has tried to get in later in the year rather than wait to 2022.

I had only booked the flowers, venue and registrar - I amStill waiting to hear from the florist it’s now going from off peak to peak wedding season so I really hope he can still do it!
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea - having the reception on yo anniversary!
  • Sunnybluebride3107
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    Sunnybluebride3107 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I’m hoping then that people won’t feel left out as much that it’s not “the big day”.
  • Laura
    Curious November 2021 Essex
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

just to let you know, we have decided today to postpone from 27th March to November this year. I just think with the situation deteriorating by the day and Boris is due to speak tonight (god knows what he will say this time!) its the right thing to do for us, it feels like a weight has been lifted!

• S
    Beginner May 2021 East Sussex
    Shaw2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I needed this today Smiley shame Xxx

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    How are people feeling about today’s announcement? I’m honestly at a loss. My fiancé still feels optimistic for end of April ( says after March lockdown weddings of 30 went ahead etc) but I’m exhausted and not sure what to do for the best.

I bought my dress on 31st Oct ahead of lockdown 2.0 and though it’s now come into the store I’ve had to cancel trying it on 2 times. At this rate the 1st time I’ll get to try it on will be my fitting.
    How are other March/April/May brides feeling?
  • May(Be)21Bride
    Beginner April 2022 West Yorkshire
    May(Be)21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's not looking good is it Smiley sad but your fiance could be right and things could look very different in April. If the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated then the death rates will be a lot less scary.
    It's just so difficult to know what's the right thing to do isn't it. Our venue hasn't been very communicative and it seems so odd that we're paying all this money to feed so many people when it's definitely not going to be possible to have the big day we originally planned. Do you think you'll have a cut off point when you'll make a decision?
  • ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fed up, to be honest! I'm sort of thinking if restrictions are lifted it'll just be going back to tiers and even in tier one, weddings are only 15 guests! I'm gutted because although our first wedding date of April 2020 was no way able to happen, our second date of September 2020 would've been 30 guests! Wish we'd never cancelled the Sep one.

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we’ll make a decision mid- late March - we need to provide service orders etc to the venue and confirmations to other suppliers 4 weeks before. Will triple read all the contracts as don’t want to risk losing money.
    We are supposed to have an engagement photo shoot 5th Feb but given lockdown that has probably been cancelled. So much up in the air right now.
    With Boris king of the U turn it’s so hard to know know what he’ll decide.
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m gutted for you. Honestly it is so hard to tell. We could get to end of Feb and Boris n Co announce 30 people plus receptions (they’ve done it before).

Nobody could have foreseen this especially after 10months of lockdowns ...
    We will get our wedding days x
  • May(Be)21Bride
    Beginner April 2022 West Yorkshire
    May(Be)21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a plan. By then I think you'll know either way. Fingers crossed!

We're all definitely having to live with uncertainty at the minute, that's for sure.
  • April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ??????

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics