Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HotDiggityDamn83
Savvy August 2021 Cardiff

Any March 2021 Brides?! No idea what to do ...

HotDiggityDamn83, 26 of October of 2020 at 12:27

Posted on Planning 89

Hi all I'll probably get laughed off the forum, but we're supposed to be getting married end of March next year, but everything's just been on hold as we don't know what to do re the current situation. We should have had invites out by now (it's only a small wedding and we've let everyone know the...

Hi all

I'll probably get laughed off the forum, but we're supposed to be getting married end of March next year, but everything's just been on hold as we don't know what to do re the current situation.

We should have had invites out by now (it's only a small wedding and we've let everyone know the date) but it'll be a bit embarassing if they ask us to reduce numbers and we then have to un-invite people.

Also - the hotel have a policy now, if people book a room in advance for the wedding there's no refund. The majority of our guests would be from out of town.

Just wondering if there are any brides-to-be here with weddings quite early in 2021 and how are you planning for them?

89 replies

• Paige
    Beginner March 2021 Shropshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content

What a day! We are currently due to get married 27th March 2021 (our only and original date) and after today's announcement, we've actually decided to cut our losses and cancel our wedding (until this is all a distant memory and we can have the day we want, a much smaller wedding than what we originally booked, funnily enough). We were fully intending to go ahead with 15 people and a meal reception but this looks like it's becoming less and less likely due to Tier 3 and now national lockdown. I personally think Feb half term is very optimistic for things to start easing. Postponing would really tie us in and we've now realised our original plans are much bigger than what we'd like (hindsight is fun!)

We're incredibly sad, but we've been so stressed and down about it all for the last couple of months and it's really ruined the experience for us. This way we can focus on other life plans and when we can have the planning experience and day we want with everyone there, we'll plan again. The only thing we're keeping is our Cornwall mini-moon in case we can still go by then, or we'll move this to later in the year as something to look forward to.

Crossing my fingers for you all for your weddings!

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I hope so. I think we're going to go ahead even if it is just 15 as I've no idea if we'll be able to get any other date in 2021 now. Only problem is, our limited guest list sits at 16. And that's literally just family members. How does Borris expect us to choose which family member to cut? My uncle lives in Thailand and has already booked his flight but I guess if things are still bad then he won't be coming over anyway so that takes it down to 15.

The wedding industry is huge, I feel for everybody whose business has been affected! I'm self-employed myself but luckily, I own a fish & chip shop and we've been able to trade throughout, but I've got a mate who does magic at weddings and he's not had much work at all. I just keep thinking that surely the government has to take into consideration all these people whose livelihoods are weddings.

• Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are the 18th April, feeling quite anxious although we are only having immediate family. I have my dress as got a sample sale but need it taking in and now stressing when I'll be able to get that done of things don't lift much before March ?

• M
    Beginner July 2021 Cumbria
    Milltowngirl ·
    • Hide content
    We are 21st March but just an elopement wedding just the 2 of us in the Lake District, so was hopeful it would still be able to go ahead....until about a week ago!!! Now not expecting Cumbria will be back in tier 2 by then which is what we’d need for our wedding to go ahead as planned, unless the guidance changes. I know lots of people have had to postpone but in deliberately planning such a small key event I would be a bit gutted if we have to postpone and wait a year until we can get another date!!
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Https://uk.surveymonkey.com/r/making-weddings-happen

I saw this survey on guides for brides- the outcomes are going to be sent to the government. Completed mine this morning.
  • M
    East London
    Maryam ·
    • Hide content
    Hi guys, my wedding date is 5th March 2021 !! What do u think I shud do ? By 15th feb Boris will
    Make announcement around easing .. any suggestions ?
  • B
    Beginner May 2021 Central & Glasgow
    bride2021 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello! I am also a March 29th 2021 bride! At the moment we are stuck on what to do - whether to postpone to hold out longer? We have planned for a while now of only having 20 because of the tiers - so that’s the only number we want. However things doing seem to be getting any better which breaks our hearts as we want to get married in 29/3 so badly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would wait until just over 6 weeks before your date (or shorter if you can). Things could improve/progress by mid February especially if you only have 20 guests planned. There’s no way of truly knowing unfortunately Smiley sad but we have to keep *some* hope ??
  • B
    bride2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it’s the unknown which is the worst! We have postponed putting out our invites as we have spent a lot of time and money designing them. But I just feel like we won’t be at a place in March to have 20 with the way things are in Scotland just now ?
  • Hannah
    Beginner July 2021 Lothian & Borders
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Just saw your post and we are also planning to get married Don 27th March. Feeling so unsure at the moment, we have planned for a tiny wedding hut it still feels unlikely. We've just set a back up date with our suppliers for July this year but it's a Tuesday, and w ejust want to get married and get on with it. How are you feeling? Have you made any decisions? X
  • Laura
    Curious November 2021 Essex
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Heyy, we have decided to postpone to 12th November, it was just to uncertain for us and i was getting so stressed worrying about it and how the restrictions will impact us (i.e. no hugging family) that we made the call. On a positive note, they are progressing really well with the vaccine so by the end of March it may be a much stronger position, i think having a back up date is really good and it made me feel much better to know we had a plan B, hope that helps xx
  • Mercy
    Beginner April 2021 West Midlands
    Mercy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm also an April 24th bride?

I've also prepared for a few guests too
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! Great news on your new date. We've managed to move to August now so gives a bit longer to plan things.

• HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great - what type of wedding are you having?

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks hun i tried to message you back but my private messages arent working for some reason!! Glad you managed to move too feel so much better do you?
  • B
    bride2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey!!

We were due to get married on 29th March and today we decided to postpone. Totally breaks our hearts because we had decided to plan a small wedding or 20 for March but at the moment restrictions only permit 5 and we don’t see them being lifted in time for us in March ? so we are now 27th May 21
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I personally think its a good decision, it looks as though restrictions will still be in place but at least you only have to wait 2 months after that, wev still got another 10 months to go lol!!
  • B
    bride2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know and thank you!! It was such a hard choice to make as we never ever wanted to postpone and sometimes you feel like you have no control ?. We don’t want to wait any longer so if by May it needs to be the two of us then so be it! Hopefully by your date things will be so much more relaxed!! How are you feeling?
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is the most annoying part of the whole thing, there is just no idea when this will end!

I'll be honest i'm feeling a bit worried, when i first postponed I was thinking this will be fine by November everyone will have had vaccines and everything should be pretty back to normal and now i'm hearing rumours there could be restrictions in the winter so i'll be FUMING if i have to wait another 10 months and we're in the same position lol!!

How about you? how many have you invited? x

• B
    bride2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it totally is - we feel like we have everything else on hold at the moment for this. My partner and I have just agreed that by May if we can’t have 20 we will get married just the two of us. We are just having 20 people our closest family and a few friends x
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 Cumbria
    Milltowngirl ·
    • Hide content
    We have postponed until the 26th July. I couldn’t see that our venue (hotel) was going to be able to be open by March. I feel much more optimistic for July. Our venue barely had any available dates left for 2021 so I felt if I hung on any later we’d end up waiting until 2022 which we didn’t want to do.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Following Boris announcement we’ve bitten the bullet and postponed to 10th July. Our vendors have been amazing and done so free of charge.

We are still thinking of legally marrying on 24th April but we’ll see if that works cost wise etc.

Feel really good now. Good luck everyone else. X
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so glad you've managed to move your date, you must feel loads better!

Good luck to everyone with their moved dates!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey hun, have tried to priv message you back it wont let me grrrr!!
    Happy would be wedding day for saturday??
    Are you celebrating? I was positive for November but defo getting less confident as time goes on! How you feeling? Xx
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Happy would-be wedding day to you too!

It's strange, our venue have said it will be 15, 30 or 50 guests depending on what tier we're in which doesn't help with getting the invites out.

They've said though that there are to be no evening dos for the rest of the year, but I guess at least that saves some ££.

Trying to book hair, make up and stuff and just carry on and hope we will be ok!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics