Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Anyone been to a wedding dress sample sale?

minniemouse2, 30 April, 2010 at 17:21 Posted on Planning 0 9

I am going to a big designer sample sale at the end of May...however I imagine this will be like the sample sale scene from SATC is it worth going or is it usually just a bun worry?

9 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 29 March, 2011 at 14:36
  • itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content

Haha I pictured the scene in friends where Monica gave everyone whistles and ladies were fighting...

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget your whistle and remember to blow three times if you find the one! Smiley winking

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a berketex sample sale. it was horrible. I would steer clear of the berketex ones. They tried to push me into buying one of the 'designer' dresses when it was way out of my budget and the assistant knew this.

I dont mean to be negative, its the only one i've been to and it put me off going to more.

itgirlno1 - i pictured the exact same thing when i heard about sample sales. ?

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I haven't been to a sample sale but I got my dress from an outlet store. I enjoyed it because you didn't need to book an appointment and nobody hassled you. All the dresses were end of season or had be used in catwalk/photo shows, but they are about a third of the price!!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well i went to a closing down sale and got mine. Id say be prepared for gorgeous dresses that may be a bit grubby! You will have to get the dress cleaned i would think for defo! But you can pick up a rite bargain!!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hi I went to sample sale in a bridal shop and bought my dress - I only went for a look but ended up faling in love with a beautiful dress - which was a great price - got 1200 pound offSmiley smile

• E
    Beginner December 2011
    emiliw ·
    • Hide content

Which outlet store was that jlcb2b?

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    mrskay2bee ·
    • Hide content

Try copplestones bridal online to see info & book appiontment. I went to francesca bridal sale too. Very odd, went on friday to avoid crowds but was till busy. Good if you are over size 12! 4 dresses in size 8! Also depends what you expet, there was a massive comunal changing room & an area full of steps & small mirros so beware. I would say go just because you never know what you might find!!!!!!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

https://www.wed2b.com/

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress in a sample sale. I hadn't planned it this way - I'd planned on doing the whole bridal shop experience, but I happened to stumble across a sample sale in a local hotel, which was being run by the shop that I wanted to go to anyway, so I thought why not?

Like I said, it was in a local hotel and they'd hired out a conference room and were using a couple of the bedrooms as changing rooms. Our town is quite quiet and it was on a Sunday afternoon, so it wasn't the bedlam of the Monica experience! The girls were a tad pushy, but they wanted to get rid of the dresses at the end of the day.

I got a Maggie dress from the 2009 collection (doesn't matter to me one bit what year it's from) for 50% off. (More money to spend on my shoes!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics