Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2011

Anyone bought the Ronald Joyce Lola or Livia?

nat2683, 24 August, 2010 at 11:16 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi!

I am choosing the dress at the mo (sooo much fun) and I really like the Ronald Joyce Lola and Livia dresses.

Has anyone bought either of these lovely dresses and if so please could you post a pic of yourself in the dress. I know there are pics of the models on the website, but I would like to see what a real bride looks like in the finished article, not just some 6ft model that has been touched up to within an inch of her life.

Hope you can help ladies!

Thank you xxx

28 replies

Latest activity by Mrs*S, 2 May, 2012 at 10:55
  • VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I am also dress-shopping and as it happens I am also set on a RJ dress, but it's from their 2009 Collection - Chelsea. My backup however, is Layla from same collection as the two dresses you mentioned.

Today I went to try them on but unfortunately they didn't allow me to take pics - I say unfortunately because I also tried on Livia and could have posted the pic - the dress is beautiful and really looked good on despite me being a 14-16 not a 6-8 like those models I saw it on!

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nat

I nearly went with the Livia dress but decided on another dress in the end! I did post the image on here a while ago but have since deleted it - i have also deleted it from my computer just in case my partner sees it - sorry I am not much help!!

I remember a girl called Vicky ordering the dress on here - and she also posted an image on here - have you tried searching for the dress?

Rachael

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

I have remember her name now! VickiJay - you might want to email her?

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

You must have a good memory to remember me!

Welcome to hitched nat2683 - I agree wedding dress shopping is so much fun!!

I ordered the Ronald Joyce Livia back in May. To make sure my OH doesn't see it I haven't got a pic saved on my computer but my sis has it on her iphone so I have texted her asking her to send it to me so as soon as she does I will flash it for you! I am definitely not a 6ft model (I'm 5'3") so hopefully it will give you an idea of how it looks on a normal person

x

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Here it is.....

***EDITED TO REMOVE PIC***

Sorry it's so big! Let me know when you've had a look cos I'm going to delete it for privacy reasons.

Hope it's helpful

x

• MrsS29
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsS29 ·
    • Hide content

I tried the livia on, its such a stunning dress i really loved it! The lola is gorgeous too but i just personally found it too big (width wise) on me.

I found this link and it shows the woman wearing this dress

http://www.sellmyweddingdress.co.uk/database/dress_info.php?ref=5020

xx

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

WOW this is just a beautiful dress can i be cheeky and ask how much it cost?

I've not started dress shopping yet but i just love this Smiley smile xx

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course - I did my research before buying. The RRP is £1200-£1500. I shopped around and did some negotiating and ended up paying £1075 - I'd definitely recommend trying it on its amazing (although I'm biased obviously). It is soooo flattering - the dress (and me in this pic) are a size 12 but I reckon it knocks one if not two dress sizes off to look at because of the internal corset.

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

Thank you VickyJay its a bit more than i wanted to pay but i think i need to try it on it is so beautiful, I'm going to research some stockist now Smiley smile

Thank you xx

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much for this, ladies - it's really helpful!

Vicky you look beautiful in your dress!

This is the first time I have been on a wedding forum and Im so glad I did, there seems to be so many helpful B2B on here.

Thanks again xxx

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Vicky

I have had a look, the dress looks stunning on you! xx

• S
    Beginner
    Summer2011 ·
    • Hide content

Vicky you look gorgeous! I've also put a deposit down on Livia by Ronald Joyce and was having wobbles (it's nothing like I thought I'd go for) but thank you so much for posting your pic - it's made me feel great again! xx

• K
    Beginner September 2010
    K_Bagpuss ·
    • Hide content

I wore Livia :o)

• S
    Beginner
    Summer2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hi K_Bagpuss ? I'm so glad u posted on here as I really wanted to ask u a question if you don't mind lol?! Could u tell me if your livia gown is the ivory or white version please?

Thanks! ?

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

K_Bagpuss you look stunning in your dress!

• K
    Beginner September 2010
    K_Bagpuss ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Summer, It's Ivory.

• K
    Beginner September 2010
    K_Bagpuss ·
    • Hide content

• K
    Beginner September 2010
    K_Bagpuss ·
    • Hide content

• K
    Beginner September 2010
    K_Bagpuss ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking about selling it, head saying sell - heart saying keep it! But I'm not going to wear it again and it seems a shame to keep it in a box.

• J
    Beginner October 2011
    jade12345 ·
    • Hide content

I've had lola. its 100 million times nicer on than it looks on the model in the pictures. the skirt is huge but doesnt look it on the pics that come up on google. there is 3 pics of a real bride in the dress if you google ronald joyce 61006 instead of lola and it looks fab!

• S
    Beginner
    Summer2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks K-Bagpuss that's fab - exactly what I wanted to hear lol. You do look stunning in the dress, I've got my first fitting on April 16th and am going in after my hair and make-up trial - can't wait!

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    tonihilluk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies, I am desperate for this dress but it is over budget so was wondering if anybody was selling their Livia Dress. I am looking for a uk size 10/12. my wedding is aug 2012.

Thanks toni

• F
    Beginner August 2011
    finallyabride2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Toni.

i will probably sell mine after my wedding this august x its a size 12 x

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

On the Vegas DTTB, the girl on that wore Lola Smiley smile xx

• A
    Beginner September 2011
    ann marie ·
    • Hide content

Hi toni i wore the ronald joyce livia on my wedding day four weeks ago and am selling it now for £700 i got a size 12 then i lost a few pound and got it took in abit not much so its a size 10/12 now iam 5ft 2in but wore really high shoes that day.

• A
    Beginner September 2011
    ann marie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry toni i should have also said its ivory comes with storage box and it is being dry cleaned at the minute so will be ready to be collected this week :-). I loved wearing it would love to do it all over again x

• H
    Beginner December 2012
    Hell-yeah ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I see that you wore ronald joyce livia and was wondering what sort of accessories you wore with the dress. As i am wearing this dress when i get married next year and am a bit stuck on what shoes and hair piece ect ect ....... to wear with it.

Any suggestions would be fantastic

• A
    Beginner September 2011
    ann marie ·
    • Hide content

Hey hows you am not used to these kind of sites lol. Did you get sorted if not i could send yo some pic if you like to send me yor email address :-) x

• Mrs*S
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs*S ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing the Livia for my wedding in a few weeks and I've decided to go quite simple with the accessories as the dress is so beautiful that I don't want to detract from it.

I've had the strap removed (well, its on poppers in case I change my mind) as I found it too fussy for me, but I'm trying to keep my look quite simple.

I'm wearing ivory lace peep toes, and a silver jewellery set of a sweetheart shape necklace with a tear drop deisgn at the centre (to match the dress neckline - try Debenhams for a good selection), bracelet, tear drop earrings. I'm having my hair half- up, half -down and curled, with diamante pins holding the back section up. I'll be having a small tiara that matches my jewellery in my hair. I did originally have a hair trial with my hair up in quite a formal 'do when the strap was still attached to the dress so as to show the flowers off, but I don't like having my hair up hence the decision to go for a more natural look with my hair and remove the strap.

I love my dress and can't wait to wear it!! We're getting married outside which is why I picked the Livia, because of the flowers. Fingers crossed for lovely weather!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics