Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

freb2reh
Beginner July 2011

Anyone had or tasted a choccywoccydoodah cake?

freb2reh, 12 May, 2011 at 14:37 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi, just wondering if any of you have tried one of these cakes? They look fab and all that chocolate is very tempting. I am sure the children would scoff the lot given a chance! Thinking of planning a trip to their shop soon but in the mean time thought I would try and find any reviews from you guys.

13 replies

Latest activity by libracat, 15 May, 2011 at 15:59
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

No, but i blummin well want to they look amerrrrrzing !!!!!!!!!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

My friend had one a few years ago, i remember thinking the cake looked amazing, i cant remember what it tasted like but im pretty sure it was fab!!

• N
    Beginner July 2011
    niknak149 ·
    • Hide content

My H2B had one a few years ago for his birthday cake. It was quite rich, but then you'd expect that I suppose! They aren't cheap, but they definitely look stunning and taste good.

HTH

Niknak

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

They are quite dry.

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, lucky monkeys. that does look very impressive. Time to do some grovelling to OH me thinks.

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear, really?! They aren't cheap either. Think must get this little jaunt to Brighton planned soon and squeeze in a bit of tasting if I have to ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in Brighton, and it's something I've heard quite often.

• Dollyrockerz
    Beginner October 2011
    Dollyrockerz ·
    • Hide content

I haven't tried one and they do look amazing but having watched the programme where they do a 'fly-on-the-wall' of them making them I wewouldn't buy one as the decorators are constantly blowing on the chocolatey bits and I'm pretty sure that's incredibly unhygenic!

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Euuw Smiley sad Not feeling to enamored now! Never mind, still have plenty of time to continue the search.

thankyou all for the feedback.

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Had one for my SIL2Bs birthday a couple of months ago, and it was lovely, but the cake was definitely a bit on the dry side.The chocolate does make up for it though!

On a practical note, the chocolate 'icing' is so thick that it rendered the cake almost impossible to cut properly which put me off having one, as we almost needed a chisel and I figured thats not a good wedding day look haha ?

If you do go down for a tasting, have some of the pink chocolate - Best thing *ever*!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I remember going to a wedding and they had one of these cakes in the shape of a budda (to represent the couple's travels). It was made with white chocolate and sparcled subtly - it was stunning and tasted devine, with a suprise hint of raspberry that went really well with the white chocolate. If you have the money to spend on one, and cakes are your thing, then it is well worth it!

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

Hey...my friend had one at his wedding about 5+ years ago, back then I LOVED it and I was sooooooo impressed. For 2-3 years after, I bought various birthday cakes for friends and family (my mum was a huge fan) BUT other cake makers have caught up since, and in my opinion now, if you want a visually stunning cake go for it but Choccywoccydoodah cakes are (a) a bit dry with a (b) thick chocolate coating on the outside, tasted very artificial (and hard to cut too) and (c) very, very expensive. Like I said, this is my opinion only x x x

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I've tasted them, but not one of their wedding ones. As well as the chocolate cake, they also do a fruit version which is yummy.

We were going to have one for our wedding but they've just put up their prices lots so we can't any more Smiley sad

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG yes...so true!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics