Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Anyone not having a hen do?

Sarah, 19 of April of 2022 at 10:00 Posted on Planning 0 5

Is there anyone not having a hen do? Like nothing at all?

I have been having so many problems with my sister and lack of her interest in anything to do with the wedding. She is MOH but as per previous posts of mine, she let me down on the day of me trying on and buying my wedding dress by not coming. She then let me down on the first seamstress appointment so she could see me in the dress by not coming (this all having an impact on my mom who relies on her driving her as we are 100 miles apart and my mom can't drive.) I have since found out she lied about her reasons for not being able to come to the seamstress appointment (turns out she just wants to spend all of her free time with her new partner) I saw her at the weekend and tried to engage her in dress talk or anything weddingy and she just changes the subject or busies herself doing something else in another room.

My mom was there and asked about who is going in which cars and timings of the morning and I said to my sister would she stay over the night before the wedding at my house (I will also have my 2 stepdaughters aged 11 & 14 who are bridesmaids and thought we could have a takeaway, do nails, put on a film etc) I need her there at 7.30am to have her hair and makeup done (which I am paying for) and to help with the two girls getting ready so thought it makes sense for her to stay the night before. She flat out just said no she wouldn't stay and said she would rather stay at home? I honestly couldn't be bothered to even push the matter as quite frankly I'm at the end of my tether with her and almost past the point of caring. I stayed at her house with her bridesmaids the night before her wedding. She can't even use her son as an excuse or reason as my mom already said he would stay with my mom and dad that night as they will be bringing him to my house on the wedding morning once the hair and make up is all done and there is more room in the house.

For all of the reasons above AND the fact I literally don't have any female friends I am thinking I do not want the hassle of a hen party. If I did it would just be my mom, sister, stepdaughters, partners mum, sister and neice and my one female friend (who has a newborn) and prob just a meal or afternoon tea. I just think it will be a massive ball ache trying to get my sister to either arrange it (yeah right!) or even turn up if I arrange it and being difficult with dates. I guess I'm just fed up of being let down so thinking I won't even put myself in the position to be let down.

Phew sorry for such a long post!

5 replies

Latest activity by Lee-Anne, 20 of April of 2022 at 10:03
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I would really be considering if I want her as MOH. I can't believe she is being like this. I get it, she has a new relationship and we all know that people tend to cut off from friends and family when they start a relationship but this is your sister and your wedding and is extremely selfish. If you want a hen with the stepkids and mum the I would arrange it yourself and don't even invite her, if she then questions I would be honest and say that as she has not helped or come to previous appointments with you you didn't think she would come and actually, you don't feel you want her there due to how she has behaved. It may be enough to make her realise her behaviour has been wrong. I am sorry that she is being like this andbl hope you can get what you want, don't waste any more of your time worrying about her as it is going to bring you down, just do what you want
  • H
    Beginner July 2023 Durham
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry you’re going through this. If it makes you feel any better, my friends have let me down so much and showed zero interest in me or my life the last few years that I’m considering just not having a hen do either. My best friend isn’t even coming to the wedding (it’s abroad so I get it’s a big ask, but I’m going to be MOH for her yet she won’t be for me) and I haven’t got anybody else I even want to ask.

I’m toying with the idea of taking myself travelling for 3 weeks and just enjoying myself alone.
    I really hope you get things sorted
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Reading this do you really want her as moh she hasnt made an effort at any time and it seems she only cares about herself x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    It is hard but at least you have the support of h2b . Totally get how your feeling dont talk to my family anymore so because of what i want butvstick to what you said and see what happpens x💗 fingers crossed x
  • L
    Savvy August 2022 North Yorkshire
    Lee-Anne ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not having a hen do. I just really don't want one. One of my friends keeps saying to organise a meal but all my friends have very different lifestyles from each other and in all honesty a hen night just isn't my thing so yeah I'm not having one. Just looking forward to a girly night the night before my wedding with my FH's 8 year old girl 👧
  • L
    Savvy August 2022 North Yorkshire
    Lee-Anne ·
    • Hide content
    Yeah absolutely. I mean to be honest I've done very little of the "typical" wedding planning. Went on my own to find my dress, not having a moh, not having anyone walk me down the aisle. If I wasn't so involved in my church I'd have gone away to get married but I love my church. I just hate all the expectation people have about my wedding. So I stopped telling people my ideas and they can judge everything at on the day. Sometimes feel like people forget who's wedding it is

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics