Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

hopefulmum2b
Beginner August 2012

Anyone really broody before there wedding

hopefulmum2b, 8 November, 2011 at 21:21 Posted on Planning 0 33

Hello all

ive 9 months till the wedding and im so broody its annoying maybe it s cos ive come to a bit of a slow period of wedding planning and hoping its a phase...but its really annoying im actually using my spare time to research pregnant stuff instead of any planning on the wedding Smiley sad my h2b knows im a little broody at the moment but not fully aware of how broody i actully am...think ill annoy him if i do let on Smiley sad

how do you switch it off???

anyone else feeling the same, or has felt the same at some point in there wedding planning????

any advice would be great x

33 replies

Latest activity by hopefulmum2b, 10 November, 2011 at 17:55
  • charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I am feeling slightly broody now but it comes and goes. It depends on how well behaved my boys are! Lol!

Nothing wrong with researching pregnancy and baby stuff, it's always good to be a little prepared. ?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I am not exactly broody yet, but there are 4 close family members all pregnant at the moment and due around the same time.

They are older than me and I don't really think that we are ready, but having a lot of pregnant people around me certainly makes me think about it more.

I try not to mention it too much to OH too though, as I don't want to make him fed up of babies before we are even thinking of them.

We both want to wait a year or two after marriage so that we can have some fun, but I think the closer it comes, the more I will want them. Which is weird as I have never liked or wanted children before at all, until now.

• Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Yea i am but have to wait a yr or 2 yet.. i just keep thinking i wouldnt fit in my dress lol

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Come look after my teething 5 month old for a few hours. Your desire for a baby will disappear. ?

Looking at pregnancy/baby stuff isn't hurting, I did that before I was pregnant, making "wish lists" etc.

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

At first we wanted to wait a year until we started TTC but the nearer it gets we have discussed starting on honeymoon lol....i def dont want to make my h2b sick of baby stuff before even trying which is why im trying not to talk about it...but i dont have anyone else to talk about it too Smiley sad

its got worse as my friend has just had a baby but im scared im going to go crazy wanting a baby lol...still have 9 months till the wedding day....i know im wishing my life away but i want it to hurry up....i have always been this impatient haha

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Yes- my OH!!

I'm a smoker currently and we have both agreed we don't want to have a baby whilst I'm smoking (obvious reasons) so I'm quitting the day we go on honeymoon and I have agreed from this point we'll just see what happens- I go on and off the broodyness I would like a child but not too sure about the whole pregnancy part

• happy apples
    Beginner August 2013
    happy apples ·
    • Hide content

I'm sooo broody just now and i already have a baby (well a toddler). We had always said we'd have another one in the future but since getting engaged in September we have agreed we will start trying again after the wedding. So now that i know we're definitely having another baby i cant get it out my head, i was actually counting in my head the other day how long id have to lose weight before the wedding and what age the baby would be if i fell pregnant now lol! I'm so broody but know that im going to have to wait till after the wedding x

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow im so happy someone feels the same....yes the fact i now know we will start trying after the wedding i cant think of anything else......i know it seems ages until my wedding and i cant stand being this broody this early....kind of wish we never spoke about it really,,,lol...but in the same way im glad we have as it is nice to know your on the same path.

Thanks everyone for your comments they are helping Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Im in the same situationas you happy apples Smiley smile

• happy apples
    Beginner August 2013
    happy apples ·
    • Hide content

I still have a whole year and 9 months to wait lol! By the time i get married you'll probably have a little bundle in your arms ? Oops, dont think i'm really helping here am i? haha

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Just over 10 months to go then we can start trying lol hurry Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Haha yeah totally but my OH had lots of questions about our future kids school tonight so clearly he is broody too!!! Worse than me!!!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We have only been married 10 days and i'm deffo feeling broody after it?

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

We've decided we're going to try after coming back from Honeymoon as I'm a bit scared of having issues after removing the coil. So we'll be at it like rabbits after New Years next year!!!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I was seriously broody at the beginning of the year and was constantly research baby stuff etc but after we got engaged I just decided that if we wanted to get married any time soon then we couldn't afford to get pregnant. Planning the wedding has totally taken my mind off it for now though, I think we will start trying straight after the wedding though.

Have you got much left to organise for your wedding Juppy?

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad Carmen probably won't see this... but I've been broody before our wedding and still are now (on our honeymoon).

I really don't know how a child would fit in with out lifestyle, but I do love kids, and have 2 from my previous marriage. Carmen would make a great mum, but I really need to have the baby chat with her (I think she's also broody.. but we're so busy!)

Probably shouldn't post on our honeymoon, but she's currently posting on Facebook ;-) lol

• Shelia
    Beginner September 2013
    Shelia ·
    • Hide content

Your are so broody, why not advance your wedding.

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Ive been feeling like this for about 18 months now and we officialy started TTC in March this year as neither of us wanted to wait any longer.

Im so glad we started when we did as i had no idea how long it takes to get contraceptives out of your body or how long it can take to start ovulating regularly again!

Id say that if you want to TTC to stop taking your pill etc about 3-6 months before hand!

kelly x

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely broody. But with the wedding and buying our house, and I've got a bit of personal debt (though it's not that much), it's going to be at least a couple of years before we can start to think about having children Smiley sad

I think 2014 will be my year to have a baby.

• happy apples
    Beginner August 2013
    happy apples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well for us its mainly money issues that would stop us from advancing the wedding, plus im not desperate to have a baby, i think theres a big difference in being extremely broody and being desperate to have a baby. The timings are perfect for us the way we've planned it, our little boy will just be going into school (thats if we are lucky enough to fall pregnant within 4 months like last time) Means i can enjoy my time with my little boy now and then have more time to devote to my new baby. As other people have said, its just the knowing that we will definitely be having another one makes me think about it all the time!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I am, very much so. But with just about 9 months until the wedding, now is definitely not the right time!

I've got 2 more packs of the pill left in this prescription, then I'm going to come off it. I've heard various bits of advice to say that you're better off not coming off it until you're ready to try, but having been on it for almost 13 years, I want to give myself a chance to get used to my cycles etc before we start trying. I'd like to start on our honeymoon, but I'm hoping that I can be fairly relaxed about the whole thing and not charting or plotting dates, at least for the first few months.

• a_white_izzy
    Beginner September 2011
    a_white_izzy ·
    • Hide content

I was really broody in the months leading up to the wedding because I was working in a children's center doing baby groups, and we'd discussed trying on honeymoon and in the months after, but I got a new job in the summer so would need to be there at least a year to get any maternity pay plus we'd like to have 18 months or so to go on a couple of holidays and spend some time together, so...we got a puppy!! He's ace and taking my mind right off having a baby just now. Sounds silly but its worked for now. Obviously we have the responsibility of him now, but we have lots of friends and family who are happy to puppy sit so we can still do some of the things we wanted to.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

OH and I discussed having kids, and we've decided that we're going on Honeymoon next Summer. We can stop trying not to around that time.

So although i feel broody from time to time, i know i'm not that far from being able to consider it a real possibility!

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

I am and would be keen to start trying right after the wedding (New Year's Eve) but there's a big reason why we won't - OH lives in a different city, we only see each other at weekends and I don't want to be either pregnant or have a baby in that situation. He's trying to get a job closer to where I am but I fear it will take a while.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I think OH is permanently broody. Mine comes and goes. I go from real extremes, thinking after the wedding we will start trying, to then thinking oh my god that is terrifying no way. When broodiness comes along the surefire way to switch it off is thinking about what the state of our finances will be after all the payments for the wedding!

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

I could have written your post myself!! I'm so broody! We get married in five months, honeymoon in August....then I'm hoping we can start trying! I'm trying to enjoy the here and now, and take in all the excitement for the wedding, but what I'm truly excited about is being a wife and starting a family! My OH wants children though is in no hurry, he wants to wait till a year after the wedding so we can do Vegas for my 30th (something we always said we'd do). I find myself looking on baby websites and thinking of baby names, I'm sure the next 9 months will fly by for you, though I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes just little bits to organise now like cake flowers invitations....think thats why ive moved on to the babies haha....but i may just need to get stuck into the planning more

but im currently on the implant and keep wanting to suggest to h2b that i want it removed 3 months before wedding and use condoms so that my cycle gets back to normal near the wedding, as it can take a while to get your cycle back to normal after the implant as ive prettly much stopped having them whilst on implant.

so im getting obsessed with that part too.

at the moment i convinced him having implant out a month before the wedding but ideally i want it out earlier giving my body a chance to get back to normal and have it out of system....hope he will agree when i finally ask him haha xx

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes my wedding just over 9 months too and it defo isnt the time to start TTC yet.....but ive tried talking with my H2b and he def wont move the wedding any earlier...but i just keep worrying its going to take ages for us to get pregnant Smiley sad

i would much prefer to be more relaxed about the whole thing and defo dont wanna be charting etc

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello HappyAnnie

thats what it is for me....it used to be all about the wonderful wedding we have planned but now i just cant wait to be a wife and mother....we first agreed to wait a year after the wedding but now we have talked and tru=ying on our honeymoon Smiley smile

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to broach the subject of trying sooner nearer the honeymoon.....perfect time to get trying whilst we're away!! Being around our 4 month old niece is helping my cause as my OH just adores her! ? Good luck with it all, I suppose it's a good thing we're thinking more to married life beyond the big day!

• katielou87
    Beginner April 2012
    katielou87 ·
    • Hide content

ME ME ME!!!

Haha.. and my other half. I thought we would probably wait a year or so but if it is up to OH we will be trying on our wedding night! (ha yeah right!) But then my brother gets married 4 months after us and Id like to be able to have a good old knees up and enjoy myself... Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You are defo not alone Juppy2b! Smiley laugh Cannot wait and so so so impatient..! x

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

im soooooo impatient too i always have been........but i really cannot wait to be a wife and mother Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics