Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner July 2021 Hampshire

Are father-daughter dances a thing?

Girlatco, 9 of December of 2020 at 19:17 Posted on Planning 0 4
In July, we decided to move our wedding from October this year to next July. So, naturally, I have so much more time to over plan! Going through my playlists and the question popped into my head of father/daughter dances...are they a thing in the UK, or are they a US thing?

4 replies

Latest activity by Bethanie, 15 of February of 2021 at 02:57
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I have photographed a few but don't see them often. If its something that you want to do then go for it and the fact that its not that common will only add to the wow factor when all your guests see it as it wont be one of those things they have seen at all the other weddings they have been to.

An idea for you is to get Dad to come onto the dance floor half way through your dance with (groom ?) and tap him on the shoulder then the music changes to Dads and he takes over. That way its only half a dance each.

• Romanticpurplediamonds32382
    Dedicated April 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Romanticpurplediamonds32382 ·
    • Hide content
    Me and my dad r doing an father daughter dance but we aren't very traditional so it will be a joke dance not a slow dance like it is normally. Its your wedding do what you want Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Online ·
    • Hide content

I've seen them at a couple of weddings I've been to. But it doesn't matter if they're a 'thing' or not anyway...if that would be a special moment for you and your dad, then go for it!

• Bethanie
    Curious March 2023 South West London
    Bethanie ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to invite my dad. But the idea of one makes me cringe. But its down to your relationship and personality. If you want one, go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics