Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bobbins30
Beginner November 2010

Artifical Christmas Trees - recommendations needed

Bobbins30, 26 September, 2011 at 15:22 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Hi all. I haven't posted on here for ages since our wedding, but have been lurking over here for a while and thought I'd join in!

Now I know it's a bit early, but since the wedding, money is a bit tight as we've been doing up our house and I would like a new Christmas tree this year and can now save up to get one in the next couple of months. Has anyone got any recommendations for an artificial one? I know I want approx 6ft and no wider than 1m at the base. All the ones I've had before have been really sparse IYSWIM - you can see through the branches, and I really want one that is quite bushy and thick so that you cannot see the central pole. Any ideas? Where are your trees from?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 27 September, 2011 at 13:37
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

How much are u looking to opay? they have sales on end of november/start of dec for christmas treets!

Ours is from homebase i believe and we got it in the pre christmas sale a couple years ago...

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=1644630&c_2=2%7Ccat_16849326%7CChristmas+Trees%7C28854435&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7CChristmas+shop%7C16849326

we paid £50 for this!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

We got a pop up tree which I love as decorating a tree is not my idea of fun. It's tall and slim and literally pops up as it's spiral rather than branches:

This isn't the one we had, but the same idea. i'd like a real one now we have a bigger house though. i love the smell.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2698939.htm

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine a Black one a few years ago in Matalan, they had them last year as well. Think they were £39.99

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Oooh that's pretty Sherrie!

Mine's from Focus - 6 foot and very full. Our Focus has recently closed though, so not sure if all branches have.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Ours came from B&Q last year - very full and got it half price (was still about £60 IIRC) with some of the "needles" irredescent. They also do "half" trees, where it's all bushy at the front but flat at the back so you can put it against a wall if space is an issue.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We bought a black pre-lit christmas tree last year from ASDA. It saves on the expense of fairy lights and it looked wonderful.

x

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

No help from me I'm afraid - we always get a real tree. I've yet to find an artificial tree that looks right.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

agreed!! when living at home ive always alwasy had real trees, cant do artificial, past two chrimbos since living with Mr F ive had to have fake cos , and i quote him, he 'doesnt want the cat pissing on it and climbing it like it would a real tree'....so what does the cat do when we put the fake one up....?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I love our one from Tesco. It's the individual hook-in branches which is a bit of a pain, but looks amazing when it's done. Ours was arounnd the £50 mark, from memory. It has pine cones attached and fake snow on the edges of the branches. I can't see it online, but they're always in store over the last few years. We got our tree for our first Christmas as H2B owned a white fbre optic one ?, so this will be it's fourth Christmas and it's still going strong.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics