Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Savvy August 2022 West Midlands

August 2022 wedding! Anyone else?

Iyana, 17 of November of 2020 at 12:18

Posted on Planning 85

Hiiii So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. This will be my first wedding and to be honest I am sooooo excited but have no idea where to start. A bride twin or two would be amazing so we can share experiences and advice but to be honest any 2022 brides going...
Hiiii

So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. This will be my first wedding and to be honest I am sooooo excited but have no idea where to start.
A bride twin or two would be amazing so we can share experiences and advice but to be honest any 2022 brides going through the motions are most welcome xx

85 replies

• D
    Beginner August 2022 Bedfordshire
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Started researching venues, our family’s live in different places. We been looking to meet half way which is Bedfordshire.

How about you ? x
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a nice idea.
    We recently moved to Dudley but my family are in Bristol but they aren't that far apart to be honest so shouldn't be an issue.

We literally booked a photographer today, I feel like thats one big step done Smiley smile x
  • D
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Started looking at venues. It’s so difficult when everyone has kids. I don’t like to pick and choose x
  • D
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Photographer was not on my mind at all, but it’s made me think.
    What date you getting married ? x
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are the 21 August 2022, how about you?
    I was just soooo fed up of looking, ive literally looked at around a hundred and finally found one I like so had to make sure he was available x
  • D
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    August 13th, we have so many venues to choose from x
  • E
    Beginner April 2023 Hampshire
    ExpensiveYellowCars42426 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in 2023 and I’m the exact same I know what I want but where to start has gone completely over my head
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww perhaps just browsing pininterest is a good place to start, like colours you like and dresses, maybe themes if you want any.

• J
    Beginner October 2023 Shropshire
    Jenlov3 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey hey
    We’re getting married August 12th 2022!
    Based in Telford, Shropshire.. I’m a medical student studying in Ukraine and won’t graduate till June 2022 so I’m working with a wedding planner so that the wedding can still happen lol
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!!
    Wow thats amazing, a wedding planner definitely sounds like a good plan x
    Have you had any ideas yet on what you want?xx
  • J
    Beginner October 2023 Shropshire
    Jenlov3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! The main things are there. I’ve been planning our wedding for the whole time that we’ve been dating ?. I knew from day 1 that we would get married, it was just when.
    I naturally love planning events and it’s killing me that I can’t give this my 100% but I’m doing what I can from here.
    My wedding planner is amazing (Becca from Shropshire wedding planner)!She completely understands my anxiety at having someone else be in control of the planning and contributes as little or as much as I need her to.
    Our colour scheme is royal blue, white and gold.
    We’re having a religious ceremony at the church that I’ve been going to since I was a little girl with 100 people max. Reception venue is booked too (A marquee at The Shropshire golf course) and we’re downsizing to 75 people max for that. Next up to book is the photographer and videographer. I’m getting my dress made here as it’s much cheaper but still good quality, I will probably end up spending £500 at most on it.My fiancé is also studying in China so we’ll source as much as we can from there to save costs (invitations, flowers - fake of course etc)Our budget is quite tight since we’ll both be fresh out of Uni. Aiming for less than £15,000 overall and we’re not planning to go on a honeymoon at all.
  • L
    Beginner August 2022 Northamptonshire
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! I am also getting Married August 2022! Happy to chat ?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! What date?
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Hi I have just booked my wedding for May 2022 very excited! been together 15 years had started to think it would never happen then he proposed during lockdown!
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations, that’s so lovely! I’ve booked mine for May 2022 as well Smiley smile How is the planning going so far?
  • Sammy
    Beginner June 2022 West Sussex
    Sammy ·
    • Hide content
    Bit late to the party but wanted to join! Congrats to everyone on their engagements! It’s nice to see some lovely news.

Me and my other half are getting married June 2022. Our venue and the registrar are booked but haven’t got anything else done yet. My other half is happy for me to do the organising (mostly because I’m more excited!) but half the time I worry if I’m looking at things too soon, or if I should just go ahead and organise things whenever I’m ready.
    One of the things I’m struggling to decide on is save the dates. Should we send them or should we just do invites?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its never to late! And congratulations to you too!

We are definitely sending out save the dates because its so far away. I feel like it will give people a heads up before invites come flying out but we are going to do the save the dates digital instead of printed.
    We think we have found our venue but I feel like I need to see a few more to validate why I love the first one so much but if am honest I really don't want to.. not sure what to do really.
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks congratulations to you also! So far we have only booked the venue but I have been researching loads and I’m keen to get started but nervous about booking anything else until I am able to get wedding insurance! How about you?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    I’ve booked a couple of things - venue/catering, registrar, photographer, cake and decor. I think I’m quite ahead of the game though, so I’m not planning on booking anything else until April next year. Hopefully by then I’ll have some wedding insurance too!
    How many guests are you inviting? Smiley smile
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow very organised! I think I would be like you if it wasn’t for current situation! I pretty much know exactly what I want though and have already started researching suppliers so hopefully shouldn’t take too long! We are thinking 50 day guests and probably an additional 60 eve guests depending on if there are still any restrictions! How about you?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I’m probably a bit too organised if that’s a thing! You’re right, won’t take long to book stuff if you already know what you want (which it sounds like you do!).
    I’ve got a similar amount of day guests to you (we’re thinking around 40), but we’ve only got around 20 additional evening guests. I just hope there is enough of an atmosphere in the evening with it being quite a small wedding.
    I’m hoping there won’t be many/any restrictions by May 2022, but you never know I suppose!
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s more about quality of guests than quantity! I would prefer a more intimate wedding like you but my fiancé has a lot of family he wants to invite and we have a lot of family with children! Have you decided what sort of venue/style wedding your having? Do you have a colour scheme? We have booked a farm with barns so it’s a blank canvas venue so planning to do a lot of it ourselves! It’s going to be quite rustic hopefully! Thinking dusty or slate blue for bridemaid’s dresses and wildflowers/baby’s breath.
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean - my fiancé definitely wants to invite more people than me. I would have a really small wedding if it was completely my choice!
    Well we’re getting married in a country-style Manor House and the theme we’re sort of going for is woodland/greenery/flowers. Colour scheme is light pastel green and lilac. We’re having a naked wedding cake (so no icing) with berries as decoration, which is sort of where the woodland theme originated from. Sounds a bit random, but I think it will start coming together when we have more stuff booked!
    Dusty blue sounds lovely, I really the rustic idea. I was so tempted to have a barn wedding, I bet it will be lovely! Have you got catering sorted (is it included in the venue)?
  • Rebecca
    Beginner May 2022 Leicestershire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!
    How exciting!! I am also getting married may 2022. How are you getting on?
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely the colours will look so nice together! Love naked wedding cakes they look gorgeous! I have been looking at semi naked wedding cakes! My mums best friend is making it so I’m thinking of having a small cake with cupcakes as they are more likely to get eaten! Got to hire own caterers we don’t want it to be formal so I have been looking at having a bbq in the day with an ice cream van for dessert and the hiring a pizza van in evening!
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really wanted cupcakes initially too!! That food sounds amazing. Definitely will make it seem much more relaxed and informal than having a sit down meal. Hopefully the weather will be nice in May, and people can enjoy being outdoors rather than being stuck inside all day too!
    Good luck with all your planning and stuff - keep me updated on how it goes! So nice to be able to talk to someone who’s getting married a few days before me!
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw congratulations! I think there are quite a few of us now for May 2022, so excited for everyone.
    I’m getting on ok thank you, how about you? Have you booked a venue? How many guests are you inviting?
  • C
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

17th August 2022 here Smiley heart So excited! So nervous! and was so confused about where to start but i have booked the following already....

- ceremony and reception (at the same place and also provides a room at the evening)

- Decorations, Cake and photographer (all with the same company)

I've sorted out my wedding party and seating as were having a small occasion and already got welcome sign, guest book and invitation all in mind.

Congratulations to you and hope your wedding journey is exciting Smiley shame

• I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow congrats!

You are so organised! We are looking at our last venue choice today, I'm so excited as by the end of next week we will have made up our mind.
    Have you decided on a colour scheme?x
  • C
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! ?

Ooo how exciting! I hope that the look around goes well and that it’s not too hard of a choice but I’m sure your heart will tell you the one that’s just right for you both ?
    We have but haven’t told anyone as in case we do change our minds but we have been adamant on blush pink and navy blue for a while now. How about you? Any ideas?
  • Sammy
    Beginner June 2022 West Sussex
    Sammy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good thinking, thank you. Definitely something for me to consider.

Our chosen venue is the second one we viewed. The first venue was nice, it was practical and ticked the boxes of what we needed. We thought it might be the one to go for because of the cost too. At the time, we also had another venue viewing that afternoon, and two others for the upcoming weeks. We were looking forward to visiting the second venue in the afternoon because it looked stunning but they had minimum numbers for the day and seemed more limited because their catering was in-house.
    However, when we arrived they explained their minimum numbers for the day had been removed completely and actually their in-house caterer was extremely flexible. When we began the tour, we were both just blown away. Not only did it tick the boxes of what we needed but the details were just incredible.
    We decided based on this to shortlist the venues even more and cancelled one of the upcoming viewings. We went to see one last one, but still wasn’t convinced on it compared to the second.
    I think it’s a good idea to view what you can, but rather than visit as many as possible try and shortlist to a handful of venues based on what you’re looking for. Just in case the photos online don’t do it justice, or (like with us) some of the information that’s important to you isn’t up-to-date on their ad.
    Also, you’re definitely right - for me, seeing the other two venues in person just made us fall in love with our chosen venue all the more. So if you have the time to see them I’d recommend.
    Wedding planning has now taken a step back in preparation for Christmas, so I’ll probably get on track in the New Year. Let’s hope 2021 brings some better times!
    Merry Christmas lovely ladies! And happy new year xx
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a heads up for everyone from an industry insider.

2022 is shaping up to be a very busy year. Since the middle of the pandemic the enquiry's for 2021 have collapsed and the focus has moved to 2022 so all those that were thinking of maybe 2021/22 have settled on 2022 - added to that there are those that have already booked 2021 that are now moving to 2022. Prices are also increasing for 2022 due to the increased demand.

Don't let this information rush you into booking a supplier that you are not 100% sure on but if you have decided on one and are just holding off then do consider booking sooner rather that later.

Don't take my word for it but where is the 2021 wedding thread ?

I do appreciate the insurance issue and some maybe wanting to wait until that is in place. But if people are worried about a supplier going bust then so long as they are a sole trader and not a LTD company you should get your deposits back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics