Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Savvy August 2022 West Midlands

August 2022 wedding! Anyone else?

Iyana, 17 of November of 2020 at 12:18

Posted on Planning 85

Hiiii So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. This will be my first wedding and to be honest I am sooooo excited but have no idea where to start. A bride twin or two would be amazing so we can share experiences and advice but to be honest any 2022 brides going...
Hiiii

So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. This will be my first wedding and to be honest I am sooooo excited but have no idea where to start.
A bride twin or two would be amazing so we can share experiences and advice but to be honest any 2022 brides going through the motions are most welcome xx

85 replies

• G
    Curious November 2022 Leicestershire
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    Very late to thread but got engaged in November this year and getting married November 2022. We're both on the same page about not wanting a massive wedding and something that's about us and what we want together as opposed to trying to please parents etc (like I did the first time - my 2nd marriage and my fiancés first) Very excited though!
  • H
    Beginner September 2022
    HappyIvoryDecor367 ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement! My fiancé and I are getting married on the first weekend of September 2022 Smiley smile

We got engaged in February of this year and have put everything on hold due to COVID but it’s dawned on me that in just over 2 weeks I’ll be able to say I’m getting married next year. It’s scary!

• Ayshah
    Beginner September 2022 Essex
    Ayshah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!

I got engaged in September this year. We’re planning to get married in 2022. We’re about to book our venue which is very exciting, but everything else feels very early. Not sure when to do it all. None of my close friends have got married, so I feel like I’m flying a bit blind. Any help would be appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Ayshah xx
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations!
    I know exactly how you feel, I'm the first of my friends to get married and it feels like sooo3much pressure!

I think once the venue is booked things will start falling into place. I've book a photographer already and I'm enquiring about make up artists but that's simply because I love to plan lol.
    Have you thought of your colour scheme and any dresses you might like?
  • Ayshah
    Beginner September 2022 Essex
    Ayshah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations to you too!

As we’re getting married in September 2022 I was thinking autumn colours. I really like peachy colours for the bridesmaids I think.
    What colour scheme do you have?
    August 2022 wedding! Anyone else? 1
  • Annalise
    Beginner August 2022 Kent
    Annalise ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married august 2022 as well! Been engaged since 2016 and we feel it’s time to get married! With Covid-19 we decided to leave it till 2022 then hopefully life is back to “normal”.
  • Romanticpurplediamonds32382
    Dedicated April 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Romanticpurplediamonds32382 ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations we are getting married april2022 already have our ceremony booked and venue booked get them sorted first as many people are pushing back their dates its never too early to start planning Smiley smile
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw amazing, congratulations!!!
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! Thats some great advice! I'm trying to get as much sorted as I can so we don't have to worry x
  • Annalise
    Beginner August 2022 Kent
    Annalise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! And congratulations to you! Have you sorted a venue and set a date?
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you cant view the venue and your worried your date will goask thrm for a video tour many will do an online tour via video chat thats what we did and puf a small deposit down to save our date and we will get another tour when lockdown and restrictions loosen
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How crazy we r doing navy and burgundy too ?
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really??? Thats so weird lol but they do look amazing together so I dont blame you ?
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When is your wedding haha??
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are literally in the midst of booking a venue. Because of covid we have had to eat into our saving which has slowed us down abit but we shall prevail lol
  • I
    Iyana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    21.08.22... yours?
    • Hide content
    Anyone else bought an dress apron to stop spills haha me and my partner has matching ones with our wedding dates and my future last name on them ?not paying lots for a dress then to go and spill gravy down it ??
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha ours is almost 4 months in front haha 22.04.22
    • Hide content
    Https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/706695877/personalised-wedding-apron-bride-wedding

This is what i bought as it wouldnt let me via priv message
  • S
    Curious October 2022 Essex
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!
    I’m October 2022, finding this all very confusing and stressful. This is my first wedding and I haven’t been involved in planning one with anyone else before so finding it all very stressful.
    I have my venue booked and the registrar but that’s it. I feel a bit lost now not knowing what I should do next and when I need to things by, I’m aware that a lot of weddings are happing in 2022 but I don’t want to call up vendors and have them say I am contacting them to early! And help/ Advice or anyone in the same position? X
  • M
    Beginner July 2022 Suffolk
    Marie ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone! I'm due to get married July 2022, I've booked quite a lot for the wedding now. Mainly because I'm worried everything will get booked up quickly as more people postpone their weddings this year. Does anyone else share this concern?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics