Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

panda2011
Beginner September 2011

Back Fat Problem With Dress - Advice Please

panda2011, 29 July, 2011 at 22:33 Posted on Planning 0 15

I had my first fitting today. When I bought my dress I knew I was taking a huge risk because it is only a size 8 but I have lost 1 stone 5lbs in the last 6 weeks & & am now only half a stone over my pre-pregnancy weight. The woman in the shop kept telling me today that the dress fitted me really well but looking back through the photos, it looks to me like I have a severe back fat problem which is never a good look. I keep thinking that the dress almost looks like it is sat a bit too far down on me which I'm wondering if that might make a difference to the back fat. I'm also going to go against the advice of the shop & keep losing weight until my wedding which gives me another 6 weeks to get a few more pounds off which I hope will help. What worries me is I think the back of dress actually looks better in the pic from when I first tried it on in December when I has almost 1 1/2stone heavier than I am now! I do think the front of the dress looks better now but I don't know if she sat it in the same place on me this time? Could you lovely ladies please take a look & give your honest opinions as I feel quite down about the my dress & if anything needs to be done differently then I need to get on with organising it now!

When I tried the dress in November.

At my fitting today.

Front of dress in November

Front of dress today

15 replies

Latest activity by LeeLee :), 30 July, 2011 at 11:24
  • M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

I see what you mean the front looks better,it looks like theyve tied you in too tight,did it feel like that?gorgeous dressx

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Well done for your weight loss. I don't think you have back fat, it does look like you have been tied up too tightly compared to the top picture.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress, I think they've done it up too tight x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I agree that it looks like it's been pulled too tight. Might it be worth booking another appointment soon and taking those photos with you? It may be that you don't have to stress about losing any more (which I really don't think you do), if you see it tied a bit differently?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Looking at both pictures, I think the front does look better in the recent pictures, not that it looked bad before though.

I think they have tied you in tighter when you went today the corset is closer together. It also does look like it is sitting a little lower but this may be how they tied you in ?

pretty dress btw

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, that makes me feel better. She did seem to be going to be a bit mad with the lacing to the point that I could bearly breathe so if I can continue to shift weight & get another half stone off so that it will still lace up around me but without being hauled in as much. It annoyed me that the woman in the shop was going on about how there was no back fat & it fitted really well when actually there obviously is back fat & it could look better than it does!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

The dress looks done up too tight - get someone you trust to do it up on the day...

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mooey. What does worry me is that having ridden & mucked out stables for 25 years I have serious muscles in my back which I won't be able to shrink through dieting but will still create the 'back-fat' look. I'm feeling quite disheartened as I'm noticing a huge difference in the way that all my clothes fit apart from the most important dress I'll ever have ?

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely pulled in too tight x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

They've definitely done it up too tight. I think you only get back fat if something's too tight/small. Why would they even think that was ok? Silly shop people!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly what I think Nursey, so my big worry now is if it will actually meet if it isn't laced up so tight or if it is just going to look completely naff because I am too much of a hippo still to wear my beautiful dress.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Panda,i think you have done brilliantly losing all that weight and you look amazing,as everyone else has said the dress has been done up far to tightly.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

If it isn't laced in as tight, will the boob cups sit in the right place? I'm getting very stressed the more I look at the pics!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

They should do, but also isn't that the point in fittings? Don't fret Panda! And I'm giggling at your use of "hippo" as that's something I'd say!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Is there a way that the back can be tied so it's tight around your lower back and waist (so keeps the cups at the front in place) but is less tight at the top of the back and thus avoids any bulging? I have zero experience with corset dresses so sorry if that's a stupid question!

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

You think you've got a back fat problem, Christ there's no hope for me then haha ?

Seriously, I think the lacing is done up too tight and you even said yourself you felt you couldn't breathe that well.

Lovely dress and well done on the weight loss Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics